Author Topic: Dating question.  (Read 13669 times)

Dating question.
« on: February 09, 2010, 11:03:04 AM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
Hey, everyone,

So last night, I took a very, very attractive young lady out on a date.  It wasn't anything big, or over the top.  We went out for a couple drinks, some food & then went to Dave & Busters for some games.  I had a very nice time, as I believe she did as well.  We talked a lot, as there wasn't any real pause or awkward silence.  We talked about our interests, musical tastes, the fact that we both enjoy science/medicine, as I work in a biochemistry lab & she is a recent college grad in the field.  So I sensed that we definitely have a little good chemistry from the get go.  The night ended, and we were walking out of D&B.  We had met one another there, so I walked her to her car & I didn't make a move, ie kiss or anything like that, I guess I was a bit nervous...typical me.  I told her I had a nice time & looked forward to seeing her again.  She said, "Definitely.  Call or text me this weekend, I should be around."

So, to me, as I'm sure to many, many guys, I am extremely terrible at understanding females.  A) How should I play this situation out, now that she & I have gone on a date. B) Did my date end on a good note, even though I didn't make a move?  Any advice is welcome.  Thanks in advance.

Re: Dating question.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 11:09:12 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Personally I don't trouble myself with trying to figure out women.

The way you typed the response, she sounded like she seems interested.  So do what she said "Call or text."  I'd definitely call rather than text, more personal.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 11:09:17 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Well, my first bit of advice is if you need to ask for advice after a first date, you are overthinking it.  If you like her, call her, and ask her out on a second date.  Maybe give it a couple days, but again, don't overthink it, if you know when you are free, and would like to see her again, then go for it.  

While it sounds like things ended just fine for a first date, again, it doesn't matter.  You would know if it ended badly, trust me.  Go on the second date, and let it happen.  If she is not into it, then the worst thing that can happen is she can say no.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 11:09:24 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
You should call or text her this weekend. That's what I got from this story.

Give her a call Thursday night to see if she has plans, and if not, ask her out for Friday/Saturday. If she doesn't pick up or get back to you (leave a message), try sending a text Friday - if she responds to that, work from there, and work it into a phone call, don't be lazy. If she doesn't respond to that, let it simmer for a while.

Hope it works out for you.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 11:12:13 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Hey, everyone,

So last night, I took a very, very attractive young lady out on a date.  It wasn't anything big, or over the top.  We went out for a couple drinks, some food & then went to Dave & Busters for some games.  I had a very nice time, as I believe she did as well.  We talked a lot, as there wasn't any real pause or awkward silence.  We talked about our interests, musical tastes, the fact that we both enjoy science/medicine, as I work in a biochemistry lab & she is a recent college grad in the field.  So I sensed that we definitely have a little good chemistry from the get go.  The night ended, and we were walking out of D&B.  We had met one another there, so I walked her to her car & I didn't make a move, ie kiss or anything like that, I guess I was a bit nervous...typical me.  I told her I had a nice time & looked forward to seeing her again.  She said, "Definitely.  Call or text me this weekend, I should be around."

So, to me, as I'm sure to many, many guys, I am extremely terrible at understanding females.  A) How should I play this situation out, now that she & I have gone on a date. B) Did my date end on a good note, even though I didn't make a move?  Any advice is welcome.  Thanks in advance.

A) If you enjoyed her company you should definitely call her before this weekend and make plans for Fri/Sat.

B) Personally, I think you played it cool for a first date. What more are you supposed to do? You walked her to her car, told her you enjoyed the night and got a positive response. Things sound pretty good if you ask me.

Congrats and good luck. Let us know how it goes.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 11:12:21 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Well, my first bit of advice is if you need to ask for advice after a first date, you are overthinking it.  If you like her, call her, and ask her out on a second date.  Maybe give it a couple days, but again, don't overthink it, if you know when you are free, and would like to see her again, then go for it.  

While it sounds like things ended just fine for a first date, again, it doesn't matter.  You would know if it ended badly, trust me.  Go on the second date, and let it happen.  If she is not into it, then the worst thing that can happen is she can say no.

What Chris said.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 11:12:39 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Just call/text here sometime to arrange to go out again this weekend.

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 11:14:54 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Hey, everyone,

So last night, I took a very, very attractive young lady out on a date. 

Well there's your problem right there.  

Just kidding. Kidding. It just reminded me of that 1950s song "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife, so from a personal point of view get an ugly girl to marry you."  I think it was Dion or something. I never disagreed with a song more.

But Champkind has excellent advice and the first lines of the first two posters are also spot on.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 11:16:34 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think you're just overthinking the end of the date.  From what you wrote, it sounds like things went alright.

Shoot her a call on Weds or Thurs and try and set something up for the weekend. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 11:17:50 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Call her

dont overrate the call if shes busy or something simply call again

And if she say yes to this date....

Invite her to something a little more romantic this time.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 11:30:20 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

dont overrate the call if shes busy or something simply call again

But don't keep calling her.  Leave a message, wait for her to call back.  If she doesn't call back right away, it might just be that she is busy, and will get back to you later.  If she looks at her phone, and sees you called 6 times, suddenly, you become the creepy, stalker guy.

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 11:32:32 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Know your target. Here's some encouraging research info for you that I was able to get off wikipedia

According to your profile you live in town that has 84.9 males for every 100 females over 18.  So you got that going for you.

Next your town has the highest percentage of Italian Americans of any municipality in the country. Therefore an Italian restaurant may work out well. Spend 15 minutes researching Chianti and what it goes with. And learn 5 phrases of Italian.

Read a newspaper for like 5 minutes before you go so you have something to talk about other than the Celtics.

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 12:01:32 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Know your target. Here's some encouraging research info for you that I was able to get off wikipedia

According to your profile you live in town that has 84.9 males for every 100 females over 18.  So you got that going for you.

Next your town has the highest percentage of Italian Americans of any municipality in the country. Therefore an Italian restaurant may work out well. Spend 15 minutes researching Chianti and what it goes with. And learn 5 phrases of Italian.

Read a newspaper for like 5 minutes before you go so you have something to talk about other than the Celtics.

;D

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 12:03:13 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
Thanks & TPs for all

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 03:19:58 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
She told you to call or text her, so do that. If she extends the invitation for you to do something, which she did, take advantage and don't feel shy. Try not to call or text twice in a row without a response from her, though. It shouldn't be a big deal if you do that, but play it safe - don't come off needy.

And don't worry about being nervous when it comes to "making moves" or whatever. She won't care that you don't make them as long as she's interested. That will come eventually. Who knows, maybe she'll be the one to make a move  :P