Author Topic: Antoine Walker signs with team in Puerto Rico (Merged)  (Read 39634 times)

Re: Antoine Walker signs with team in Puerto Rico (Merged)
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2010, 04:40:30 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

A little off-topic but Check out what GP had to say about Antoine's Financial Situation.   Suffice to say : GP has got Employee #8's Back, y'aw :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E16jBVBfewc&feature=related

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2010, 07:24:58 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
"..[Tiger's] human...he eat, [shizit], sleep, just like we do..."

HAHHAAHAHAA

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2010, 09:46:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
"..[Tiger's] human...he eat, [shizit], sleep, just like we do..."

HAHHAAHAHAA

Gary payton is hilarious. I root for toine.

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2010, 01:23:22 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
so..........hows toine doing ???
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2010, 03:44:00 AM »

Offline jamie9248922

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 20
Toine Watch game # 6: 33 mins 22 PTS 4-11 FG (3-5 3PFG)7 REBS 2 ASTS

Road to the comeback: 6 games 44% FG 32% 3PFG 14.5 PPG 1O RPG 2.2 APG

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2010, 03:54:15 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
There are only three sure things in this life:

1. Death

2. Taxes

3. 'Toine threads

Guess it says something for what "die-hard fan" means in Boston. I sincerely wish the best for the big guy ... he needs something positive in his life, and this could turn things around for him. Just please, no more "Bring 'Toine back to Boston" threads! (Folds hands, says a quick prayer). ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:15:09 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2010, 10:02:25 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach

I just caught the tail end of an interview of Antoine Walker on ESPN... it's nice to see that he's actively working on tackling his financial issues and obviously as a Celtics fan and a fan of the NBA in general I only hope for the best for him... ;D

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=5012096&top
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2010, 10:06:01 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
There are only three sure things in this life:

1. Death

2. Taxes

3. 'Toine threads

Guess it says something for what "die-hard fan" means in Boston. I sincerely wish the best for the big guy ... he needs something positive in his life, and this could turn things around for him. Just please, no more "Bring 'Toine back to Boston" threads! (Folds hands, says a quick prayer). ;)

TP!

I wonder if he creeps around on CB. It might make feel better that he is still relevant to alot of fans here.

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2010, 03:16:02 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford

I just caught the tail end of an interview of Antoine Walker on ESPN... it's nice to see that he's actively working on tackling his financial issues and obviously as a Celtics fan and a fan of the NBA in general I only hope for the best for him... ;D

The Mets finished 7-23 last season. They signed Walker hoping he could lead them to a championship.

So far, not so good. Walker is averaging 13 points per contest and leads the team with 10.6 rebounds. But Guaynabo expected more out of one of the league's highest-paid players.

Garcia expects Walker will be motivated to play better knowing that being released by Guaynabo could signal that his playing days are effectively over. Like Walker's creditors, the Mets can only hope he can recapture some of what he's lost.

So averaging a FREAKIN' DOUBLE-DOUBLE ISN'T ENOUGH?  What about your OTHER Crappy Players, Garcia??   >:( >:( >:(

What about Marcus Fizer??

I thought Basketball was a T-E-A-M GAME?  NOT A "ME" GAME....

From the stats that I just read from that statement, Antoine *IS* doing his job to help your team.    Maybe you should put the pressure on your OTHER PLAYERS instead of throwing one of your more effective ones(Toine) under the bus, El Stupido.   >:(

One more thing, Toine can block some shots, pass the rock, and steal the ball here and there....He's averaging 14 Pts, 10 Boards, 2 Assists, while shooting at just under 50% from the field in 2pt territory(48%) and a bit over 30%(32%, actually) in 3pt territory. And that's not good enough for you??   By the way, he's also had SIX BLOCKS AND SIX STEALS these past 6 games, too.  What more do you want, Garcia?

You're expecting him to be MJ, not Antoine!!!!  SUFICIENTE!!!! 

Your Team is 5-1 now with Toine.   Your team won just 7...count'em..SEVEN ****' GAMES LAST YEAR!!  If I were you, I wouldn't be so picky regarding your team's BEST(yes...BEST!) Player.  ::)

If you want the Mets to win a championship, it's going to take more than ONLY Antoine....  8)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 03:57:28 PM by PSquared »

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2010, 03:47:20 PM »

Offline jamie9248922

• Oshae Brissett

The Mets finished 7-23 last season. They signed Walker hoping he could lead them to a championship.

So far, not so good. Walker is averaging 13 points per contest and leads the team with 10.6 rebounds. But Guaynabo expected more out of one of the league's highest-paid players.

Garcia expects Walker will be motivated to play better knowing that being released by Guaynabo could signal that his playing days are effectively over. Like Walker's creditors, the Mets can only hope he can recapture some of what he's lost.

So averaging a FREAKIN' DOUBLE-DOUBLE ISN'T ENOUGH?  What about your OTHER Crappy Players, Garcia??   >:( >:( >:(

What about Marcus Fizer??

I thought Basketball was a T-E-A-M GAME?  NOT A "ME" GAME....

From the stats that I just read from that statement, Antoine *IS* doing his job to help your team.    Maybe you should put the pressure on your OTHER PLAYERS instead of throwing one of your more effective ones(Toine) under the bus, El Stupido.   >:(

Puerto Rican basketball league is kind of hard to understand. Obviously it is nothing like the NBA. Every team is only allowed 2 players that are not Puerto Rican, but these rules are very lax as grandchildren of Puerto Rican aren't considered foreigners. These franchises, which sometimes struggle to stay out of the red usually pay these foreigners very well, usually big men because PR produces tons of great guards and wings. Toine and Fizer are probably making 25-30% of the team's budget and they are expected to produce accordingly. To be fair Toine wasn't near shape when he started, but is slowly gaining it as he plays, as is evidenced by the fact that 2 out of his last 3 games have been 20/10 games. Guaynabo is in first with a 5-1 record, but things will be getting much harder as the best players in the league are all in Europe finishing seasons over there. The lvel of play goes up a lot as the season progresses and Toine must keep his level high. Guaynabo's owner has a ton of money and he wants to win this year, if he thinks he can go out and find a better player he won't blink in cutting Toine. As a comparison here are some of the other top foreign players stats:

Terrence Shannon: 16 PPG 8RPG
Robert "Tractor" Traylor: 12.6 PPG 12 RPG
Monty Wilson: 11 PPG 7 RPG
Leroy Hickerson: 20 PPG 9.7 RPG
Devin Green: 17.6 PPG 6.2 RPG 4 APG
Lee Nailon: 20.6 PPG  7.8 RPG
Walker Russel: 11 PPG 3.2 RPG 6 APG
Marquis Gainous: 18.5 PPG 8.3 RPG
Chris Daniels: 14.5 PPG 7.5 RPG
James Mays: 16.4 PPG 7.6 RPG
John Millsap (Paul's brother): 17 PPG 9 RPG
Dan Langhi: 14.5 PPG 14 RPG

There is his competition...A lot of these guys will be cut in favor of others who come in once the European season is over.

« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2010, 04:01:58 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
jamie, read my post again.  I modified it.  sorry.  :)

I added a few things.

I understand what you're saying but for the Head Coach to throw Antoine under the bus like that is so [dang] unprofessional, it's not even funny.  :(

By the way, the things I added in my post?  It looks like they don't keep Stats for Blocked Shots and Steals which is interesting since both those two represent DEFENSE.   Toine has 6 Blocks and 6 steals in the first six games. 

Something else I pointed out is the team's record last year.... Only 7 Victories....And with Toine here?  They're just two away from matching that after just six games.  I have no doubt they'll better that mark and then some.  And that's what aggravates me when the Coach nitpicks Antoine's contributions like this.  He's acting like he's Phil Jackson and won a Championship recently...Perdon, Senor Garcia?  Attencion!!  YOUR TEAM WON JUST 7 GAMES LAST YEAR!!  geez....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 04:10:30 PM by PSquared »

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2010, 04:47:09 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
Just found something interesting.  I think this means you have live in-game stats like we do in NBA games.   Here are the list of games with Toine's team that you can get. (too bad there's no radio play-by-play but even if there was, I don't understand Spanish anyway. lol.)

Note : All Games begin at 8:00(PM, I assume since it doesn't state it)

Monday March 22
http://www.bsnpr.com/juegos/frameset.asp?link=http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/39/01/56/00/99mTEvTMsFMdI/

Thursday March 25
http://www.bsnpr.com/juegos/frameset.asp?link=http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/39/01/56/06/20UHkIDlFl0IY/

Monday March 29
http://www.bsnpr.com/juegos/frameset.asp?link=http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/39/01/56/13/265nLVZRAM4ps/

There's probably going to be more available once we hit the next month(April)...

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2010, 04:49:54 PM »

Offline jamie9248922

• Oshae Brissett
I agree...they might be asking a little too much from Toine, but he is DEFINITELY playing better, and Guaynabo is in first at 5-1. Also, this is a completley different franchise in Guaynabo from last year. Last year Guaynabo was the Conquistadores and that league folded, this year they are the Mets, they moved from Caguas to Guaynabo. This happens a lot in PR, lots of movement between towns from year to year. Guaynabo has the best starting 5 in the league and are difinitley one of the top 4 teams....We will see! Hope Toine can lead this team far. We havent had a good team in Guaynabo for a while...This offseason they aquired Fizer/Toine Figueroa and Guzman 2 ex MVPS and Escalera who is a scoring machine...Remind me a lot of the CVeltics 2 years ago...they need their bench to come up huge cause they had no money left over to spend on it

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2010, 04:54:44 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
I agree...they might be asking a little too much from Toine, but he is DEFINITELY playing better, and Guaynabo is in first at 5-1. Also, this is a completley different franchise in Guaynabo from last year. Last year Guaynabo was the Conquistadores and that league folded, this year they are the Mets, they moved from Caguas to Guaynabo. This happens a lot in PR, lots of movement between towns from year to year. Guaynabo has the best starting 5 in the league and are difinitley one of the top 4 teams....We will see! Hope Toine can lead this team far. We havent had a good team in Guaynabo for a while...This offseason they aquired Fizer/Toine Figueroa and Guzman 2 ex MVPS and Escalera who is a scoring machine...Remind me a lot of the CVeltics 2 years ago...they need their bench to come up huge cause they had no money left over to spend on it

I noticed that Fizer didn't play.  Was he released or something?  I checked the Stats sheet and he wasn't even listed...

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2010, 04:59:36 PM »

Offline jamie9248922

• Oshae Brissett
He was having some groin issues...They sat him out...He should be back tommrow