Author Topic: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread  (Read 608266 times)

Re: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread
« Reply #735 on: January 29, 2017, 08:46:51 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Yessssss!!!! The Celtics made it to the number 2 seed 😎. The Raptors dropped a game to the Magic who we just beat so for now we are half a game ahead which is a testament to how this team has been playing all season, especially as of late. People have suggested that this team might need a trade which may or may not be true, but what is true is that we are already so good with our current group of guys and if we continue to play at a very high level this team can accomplish great things. There isn't a bad player on this team as our bench is strong and our starters always make a positive impact -- even though we don't have more than one all star all of our guys do what's necessary to help the team and it shows. I'm proud of our guys and it's a great time to be a Celtics fan.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #736 on: January 29, 2017, 09:21:26 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
TP to Witch-King (if he really is the king of witches, I will gladly provide more TPs. But I understand if he wants to stay incognito)

Getting 2nd would be cool at the end of season. I'd also love to teach Toronto a lesson in future games.

Yes, indeed, this a great time to be a C's fan. By talking with other ppl who follow the NBA here, I can see they respect our team a lot more this season.

« Reply #737 on: February 07, 2017, 10:00:51 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Want some positivity this morning?

"Since Dec. 16, when Isaiah Thomas returned from an injury absence that coincided with a three-game losing streak, Boston is a sparkly 20-6, which ranks as the league's second-best record in that span behind Golden State's 20-4 mark despite the fact that Avery Bradley has missed 15 of those games."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18625916/nba-power-rankings-marc-stein-week-16-rankings

« Reply #738 on: February 07, 2017, 10:29:07 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Want some positivity this morning?

"Since Dec. 16, when Isaiah Thomas returned from an injury absence that coincided with a three-game losing streak, Boston is a sparkly 20-6, which ranks as the league's second-best record in that span behind Golden State's 20-4 mark despite the fact that Avery Bradley has missed 15 of those games."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18625916/nba-power-rankings-marc-stein-week-16-rankings
I can't believe anyone would be pessimistic about this team right now. We have won 7 in a row and our next game is against Sacramento without Boogie because he's suspended. Brad is coaching the East all star team.

Here is a good positive tweet from Sean Grande

Morning, Patriots Nation.

When you're ready:

Celtics have the 5th best record in the NBA, and 21 of their final 31 against sub-.500 teams.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #739 on: February 08, 2017, 08:12:42 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

« Reply #740 on: February 10, 2017, 01:18:25 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
The Cavs lost tonight and we just won our 8th game in 9 games. The Cleveland Cavaliers have the highest team salary in the league so if you just beat that team like a piņata... No disrespect, but there is certainly money to be made by defeating good teams. LeBron has been complaining that they need another playmaker besides himself during the Cavs' recent skid, they lost tonight to perhaps the leading MVP candidate's team, but we have yet to beat them this season.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:30:57 AM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #741 on: February 13, 2017, 11:11:18 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Toronto lost last night!

The Celtics now have a 3.5 game lead in the division!

« Reply #742 on: February 26, 2017, 12:30:19 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
IT can do this

PS and I just saw the Nets have lost 15 in a row  ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 12:50:45 AM by greece666 »

« Reply #743 on: February 26, 2017, 12:55:29 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
IT can do this

Unreal.  Speaks to why he's doing so well. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #744 on: February 26, 2017, 01:01:08 AM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
IT can do this

PS and I just saw the Nets have lost 15 in a row  ;D

so pretty soon...fultz can help IT do this!

« Reply #745 on: March 02, 2017, 10:06:39 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Last night was really great, with so many positive take aways

1. That was the best defense the C's played all season. If they can play that way from here on out they will be a much more dangerous team.

2. The Celtics outrebounded the Cavs by 6! (47-41) Horford had a good game on the glass, but what really helped us is the rebounding we got from Crowder (10) and Brown (7). If this continues it will really help our defense.

3. Bradley was really good last night in limited minutes. His ability to knock down shots is really going to help when teams throw all their defenders at Isaiah. On defense we don't win that game without his defense against Kyrie.

DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #746 on: March 02, 2017, 03:10:06 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Stephen A. Smith with some major praise for the C's. It's amazing how one game changes most of the media's tune regarding the C's.

https://www.facebook.com/celticsblog/posts/10154174645516898

« Reply #747 on: March 04, 2017, 05:51:08 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
I can't say I'm not relieved that the Lakers are a terrible team these last several seasons making them an undesirable destination for free agents. Great players tend to want to be traded to a team that gives them good job security, a team that already has proven winning ways where they won't be cut or have their salary reduced.

The Celtics are headed in the right direction by doing so well up to this point in the season; look at the Spurs' acquisition of LaMarcus Aldridge or the Warriors landing Kevin Durant; if you're team has a reputation for winning you may be able to lure in a top level free agent. Both aforementioned teams won championships before even landing the two guys I just mentioned and if anything that should inspire the Celtics to work with who they have and develop next season's draft picks because while the Spurs and Warriors did get great guys afterwards they had what it took to win it all before the blockbuster trades and aren't guaranteed to win it all again.

Yeah, we had some trade speculation and will undoubtedly have more come this offseason but we wouldn't have anyone even consider coming to Boston if we couldn't convince them that it was worth the struggle. It's hard to leave your city, your house, your friends, the places familiar to you to play elsewhere so I think that if we wanted to make a trade for a great talent we'd need to convince said players (ourselves and eventually everyone else) that it would be worthwhile.

Now, the 2008 Celtics team and the 2011 Miami Heat team weren't exactly like the Spurs or the Warriors but both teams had a proven winner on them (Paul Pierce and Dwyane Wade) so I'm not saying getting good players is impossible, rather I'm saying I like what we have right now. I don't think some of the guys in free agency are a great deal better than some of our highly efficient role players to blow up a winning team, and while the excitement of us possibly getting a big name star and maybe winning it this season was fun, part of me secretly wanted Celtics management to reward a winning team by not rocking the boat too much, I mean look at how well we played during the last two months despite injuries to important guys. This is a great team and I hope nothing but the best for them and can't wait to see how they do in the playoffs.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:59:52 AM by Witch-King »

« Reply #748 on: March 04, 2017, 07:16:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Stephen A. Smith with some major praise for the C's. It's amazing how one game changes most of the media's tune regarding the C's.

You don't think them missing Love has anything to do with this mindset?   I do.

« Reply #749 on: March 09, 2017, 01:48:36 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald