Author Topic: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread  (Read 606156 times)

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
For those wishing to conduct a blog-wide "pep rally", use this thread to do so.  It can be for games, or any time you want a dose of kool-aid. -R.H.

==============================================================

This is a thread dedicated to those of us who may get a bit overwhelmed by all the "Gloom and Doom" threads that abound when a team is struggling like the Celtics are at present, and just want a place where they can come for relief ... or a place where they can post their positive bent without fear of reproach or cries of "Insanity!" ... or a place where they can praise their beloved Celtics team, or cheer it on without limit, or post nauseatingly sweet pics or video clips, or discuss it's STRONG points, or even suggest CONSTRUCTIVE (dare I say the word?) criticism for ways of improving our Team In Green on it's way to the inevitable 18th Banner.

There are no limits as to what may be talked about or posted here, only that it fall within the posting rules of CB, that it concern our beloved Celtics, and that it unquestionably falls into that pessimists' nightmare of a viewpoint that we call "half-full". Now, it may seem like I'm being selfish, biased or exclusionary by doing this, but I actually had those "half-empties" in mind as well, because this thread will be clearly marked so as to help them avoid any nasty accidental positivity-poisonings. Us "blind optimists" will have a place to expound our limitless, (and obvious), madness and chronic case of the "Happies", and they will remain safely free of any cheerful contamination or supplemental sanguinity.

GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!

;D

(By the way, I just realized that the abbreviation for "Optimism Only", (oo), is Tagalog for "yes" - hmmmm .... )

==============================================================

VS               

THE FEEL GOOD GAME THREAD

It's painfully obvious that there are a group of people that want to watch the Boston Celtics and blog at the same time while cheering on their team in a rah-rah type of fashion

It's also painfully obvious that when there exist others that want to cheer on their team in a decidedly different fashion

It's also painfully obvious that due to the rules of this blog that the staff can't kick said posters out of the regular game thread and that the two factions of people might be rubbing each other the wrong way

Therefore, this thread is for all those that do want to watch the Celtics AND cheer on their team without highly "critically observations" being present

I THEREFORE ASK, IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE CRITICAL OF THE TEAM OR THEIR PLAYERS, PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE AND POST IN THE MAIN GAME THREAD, PLEASE

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:31:33 AM by Roy Hobbs »
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

Re: Boston (29-14) at Atlanta(29-14) - The Feel Good Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 08:22:16 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

YAY TEAM!

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 10:58:40 AM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
Gotta say that although most will expect bad things tonight, probably for good reason, I think this team is going to come out angry after being taken to task publicly by their coach and I say a good double digit win tonight

Maybe I shouldn't expect it but I have a feeling that's what is going to happen
Pick 2 Knicks

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 11:01:19 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Can I be bipolar and post in both?

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 11:09:17 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
If we get a Hand-Wringer's Game Thread, can Boston's picture be a parachute?

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 11:14:28 AM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
Can I be bipolar and post in both?
Everyone and anyone can post here

Just leave out the "critically observant" stuff, that's all
Pick 2 Knicks

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 11:27:25 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I think we take this game. I'd like to see us attack Bibby.

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 12:20:02 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
So your solution to a bad situation is to segregate people who don't want to play the "hear no evil see no evil" game?

Here's my positive spin:

a) The game tonight can't possibly be more disappointing than last night.

b) Perk probably won't foul out tonight. :)

c) Rondo should have a good game against Mike Bibs and J Crawford.

d) We probably won't get jobbed by the refs as badly this time (compared to the last time we played the Hawks).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 12:37:38 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
So your solution to a bad situation is to segregate people who don't want to play the "hear no evil see no evil" game?

Ahhh, the sarcasm

So I guess we now all now what thread you will be posting in tonight
Pick 2 Knicks

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 12:41:59 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Ahhh, the sarcasm

Actually, I probably won't be posting in any thread.  First of all, because I don't feel like being disappointed again tonight, and second because I don't want to post in an environment that is totally one sided, one way or the other.  The nice thing about having one game thread is you get a broad spectrum of views.

Doing it this way means you either have to be with the bashing crowd or the blindfold wearing rah rah crowd.  I choose door number 3: the exit.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 12:53:20 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120

YAY TEAM!
haha and the trailer behind the sign.. TP

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 01:05:43 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

Ahhh, the sarcasm

Actually, I probably won't be posting in any thread.  First of all, because I don't feel like being disappointed again tonight, and second because I don't want to post in an environment that is totally one sided, one way or the other.  The nice thing about having one game thread is you get a broad spectrum of views.

Doing it this way means you either have to be with the bashing crowd or the blindfold wearing rah rah crowd.  I choose door number 3: the exit.

Me too. This topic to me is simply unnecessary.

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 01:55:09 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Ahhh, the sarcasm

C'mon now....do you honestly think that Boston could still win tonight...even if KG sits? I do.

I'd still post, Man, if I were you. Enjoy the game, even IF we lose. Sometimes it's not the ending, but the journey that's the most fun.

After that Christmas Miracle without Pierce, I'm not missing any game, at least intentionally.

My posting for the game tonight may be limited due to class, but I will try to post near the end.

Don't count our boys out.

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 03:02:03 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I am decidedly an optimist when it comes to the Celtics, but I have to say that I think the purpose of a good blog is to bring together opposite views for discussion and discourse, and to try to analyze subjects coming from all sides ... if we all agreed, there would be little point for blogs at all.

This particular blog, (which I feel is the best around), has been put together with thoughtful intent, and rules have been put in place that should assure all views to be taken seriously, without anyone getting too carried away, or too many feelings being hurt.

I think the variety and diverse crowd on the regular game threads is what gives them their color and excitement, so while I may drop in here to say hi from time-to-time, and contribute to the "positive mix", I think Florida's game threads have served both sides and the middle equally well, and I think everyone here, while in concert with the rules, is mature enough to discuss the games productively, even if from opposite sides of the aisles.

(But a TP for being positive nonetheless "PLamb" ;))
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 03:11:24 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I have a funny spin to this Potential Thread....

I'd keep it as a "LifeLine" just in case things get too bad tonight, lol..