Author Topic: Steve Jobs!!!! Has done it again... Apple IPAD  (Read 14217 times)

Re: Steve Jobs!!!! Has done it again... Apple IPAD
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 08:39:04 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
One thing I don't get is the touch keyboard. Can't really hold it like a cell phone and type. Especially if you have small hands. Don't really want to put it flat on a table or something to type. 

And a docking station?  really?

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 09:23:52 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I despise Apple and will never buy an Apple product. iPhone, iPod, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle, iPad... It's all the same thing. I know people who have one of each. And of course they have to get it the day it comes out. Even though if you just study Apple's pricing policy you would know they keep prices high for the first 6 months or so, and then they drop prices so they can sell their products to more demographics. People need to stop wasting their money. I have an LG ENV 2. It cost me something around 50 dollars I think. It has internet capabilities. It has MP3 capabilities. It has gaming capabilities. I don't use it for any of those things. I use it to call and text people... that's it. Technology is starting to get ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtKQNwqNLLk

This is going to hurt the job market. No more waiters and waitresses. Eventually this thing will take over many, many jobs. With the unemployment rate at 10% we should be creating jobs, not destroying them.

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 09:32:40 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
stuff is nuts. I would never carry around the large ipad unless perhaps i was a business man and could put it in a briefcase. But then again i think the best thing apple has going for them is their computers. Not the iphone not the itouch and all of that stuff

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 09:36:33 AM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
I was in print manufacturing for a long, long time and will say that iMacs are the best for graphic design

iPods are great

Other than that, I have no use for Apple
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2010, 09:41:04 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I have a little Sony laptop that's not much bigger than the iPad.  My Sony does everything and weighs around 3.5 lbs.

Of course it has an old fashioned keyboard instead of a touch screen. So what?

Apple will never compete on price, functionality or power with the best Taiwan has to offer.  Never has, never will.

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2010, 09:52:28 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I understand the apple hate, but really, when it comes down to it, they make great, user friendly products that are superior for certain applications.  I have yet to find anything close to an ipod when it comes to easy to use, and powerful personal media players.  And Macs cannot be beat when it comes to media editing programs.  Beyond that, I prefer PC's, because they are cheaper, more flexible, and last much longer (because you can upgrade them easier).  But for dealing with digital media in general, Apple is king for a reason.

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 09:53:47 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I have an even smaller one it's called the iTouch.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2010, 10:26:48 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Well, the Apple OS is basically a variant of Unix, which is one reason Apple's computers are good for handling digital media.  So are Unix workstations with multiple x86-64 processors running Open Solaris (or Linux), and you can buy one of those for not much more than the cost of the top end Apple.

The computer animation for Avatar (and Lord of the Rings) was done at Weta Digital in New Zeland using massively parallel HP servers running Linux.

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2010, 10:28:58 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Yesterday's Apple event was complete and utter garbage.

First, the iPad. Seriously, that steaming pile of turd is what we've been waiting for to replace netbooks? Jobs' arrogance in mocking netbooks was ironic since the iPad offers no ability to multitask nor Flash support. What good is an internet browsing experience without the ability to watch stuff on Hulu or play Flashbased games?

Second, the rumors about Apple and AT&T's exclusivity were just that, stupid rumors. The exclusivity agreement is killing AT&T's network. The longer one network carrying all the data-hungry iPhone users, the worse off those customers on the network will be. At least if the iPhone were available with Verizon, some of that network strain will be alleviated.

Third, when is Apple going to adopt i7 in the MacBook Pro's? PC laptops have already received i5 and i7 based processors while we're still stuck with C2D's. Lame.

Fourth, RELEASE A PATCH FOR SNOW LEOPARD! There are well-documented problems with SL's refusal to charge on MacBooks and MacBook Pro's that Apple has known of since September!

This loyal Mac user is very peeved.

**Typed on my MacBook Pro with faulty Snow Leopard battery support.**

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2010, 10:47:11 AM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I was in print manufacturing for a long, long time and will say that iMacs are the best for graphic design

iPods are great

Other than that, I have no use for Apple
Completely agree.

I have an Imac, and an Ipod.

But my laptop and phone situations are dealt with elswhere.

To the OP, apple should have made a better effort to make it look less like the itouch. They probably should have waited a bit longer to release it.

As for price, macs are expensive, but totally worth it, i could run through 5 pc's in the course of one imac, their just better with viruses.

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2010, 11:49:33 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I despise Apple and will never buy an Apple product. iPhone, iPod, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle, iPad... It's all the same thing. I know people who have one of each. And of course they have to get it the day it comes out. Even though if you just study Apple's pricing policy you would know they keep prices high for the first 6 months or so, and then they drop prices so they can sell their products to more demographics. People need to stop wasting their money. I have an LG ENV 2. It cost me something around 50 dollars I think. It has internet capabilities. It has MP3 capabilities. It has gaming capabilities. I don't use it for any of those things. I use it to call and text people... that's it. Technology is starting to get ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtKQNwqNLLk

This is going to hurt the job market. No more waiters and waitresses. Eventually this thing will take over many, many jobs. With the unemployment rate at 10% we should be creating jobs, not destroying them.

We have one of these at our office, because we do some development for it.   It's an interesting concept.  It's still considered a beta.   Really there isn't much it can do right now.   And it's currently 10k... I dunno who would really buy it.  The only thing that I really saw on it that made sense was when they were using it as a dungeons and dragons map.  I'm not into that stuff, but I can imagine some uber-nerd shelling out 10k to use it:  http://blogs.msdn.com/surface/archive/2009/10/19/dungeons-dragons-done-right-on-microsoft-surface.aspx