Author Topic: Steve Jobs!!!! Has done it again... Apple IPAD  (Read 14308 times)

Steve Jobs!!!! Has done it again... Apple IPAD
« on: January 27, 2010, 11:25:19 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Re: Steve Jobs!!!! Has done it again... Apple IPAD
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 11:29:28 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Looks like a giant, way more expensive iPhone to me
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 11:30:11 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
HOLY CRAP THAT'S AWESOME.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 11:34:08 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
I see a colossal failure

Smaller, thinner, more powerful and fits in your pocket works

This won't

Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 11:49:35 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather not be "cool" by tech standards and use anything made by Apple. I don't really care if 90 percent of their products are glossy white.. They're all overpriced pieces of gargabe to me.

I don't think I'll be checking this out.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 11:51:10 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 12:06:39 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather not be "cool" by tech standards and use anything made by Apple. I don't really care if 90 percent of their products are glossy white.. They're all overpriced pieces of gargabe to me.

it's not just you; i agree
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 12:08:14 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Actually, upon further, review this is not awesome.

I thought it was a computer. A fully functioning computer.

Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 12:15:14 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I used to be one of you, one of the uncool ones. The secret organization I joined when I bought my MacBook last year has changed my life. We call ourselves the "iPeople" (we call you 'the old ones', or 'the ones from the before time').

Each year I must sacrifice a PC product to the Apple god and his voice on Earth, Steve Jobs. My poor poor Dell Inspiron 700m. She was loyal, although the years of frequent use and haphazard internet browsing had left her susceptible to crashes and disease ridden, I had lost no love for her.

Some nights, I can still see the glimmer from her display, and I was there...I stayed to watch the little green LED light fade into the darkness, and at the last moment..it's as if she were saying "I forgive you."

But yeah..looks like an oversized iphone. I love my MacBook (help.they'rewatchingmeevennow.throughthe'icam'), but I really need a keyboard if I'm going to actually use a computer as well...a computer. But, Steve Jobs wants what Steve Jobs wants. Hail Steve Jobs, or you will all be enslaved for giving us yet another revolutionary piece of equipment.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 12:20:03 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

I used to be one of you, one of the uncool ones. The secret organization I joined when I bought my MacBook last year has changed my life. We call ourselves the "iPeople" (we call you 'the old ones', or 'the ones from the before time').

Each year I must sacrifice a PC product to the Apple god and his voice on Earth, Steve Jobs. My poor poor Dell Inspiron 700m. She was loyal, although the years of frequent use and haphazard internet browsing had left her susceptible to crashes and disease ridden, I had lost no love for her.

Some nights, I can still see the glimmer from her display, and I was there...I stayed to watch the little green LED light fade into the darkness, and at the last moment..it's as if she were saying "I forgive you."

But yeah..looks like an oversized iphone. I love my MacBook (help.they'rewatchingmeevennow.throughthe'icam'), but I really need a keyboard if I'm going to actually use a computer as well...a computer. But, Steve Jobs wants what Steve Jobs wants. Hail Steve Jobs, or you will all be enslaved for giving us yet another revolutionary piece of equipment.

I just can't deal with Apple products. And what is it with like all this wireless stuff these days? I've got a pretty tiny room and I don't think you can walk without stepping on some sort of cable. Call me old, but my god I love cords and cables. Everything from my computer (Which Is a laptop with wireless, but i don't care) to turntables, xbox stuff.. amps.. I love the vintage feel.

This, though.. Man, I don't know. Everything about Apple just screams stupid to me.

Can I even like use audio/video programs? anything?

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 12:30:49 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Well, I mean there is a transition, don't let anyone tell you different.

There are certain websites that saavy people go to in order to watch lengthy divx videos. If you don't get computers on a basic level (I'm not talking programming or anything...just the kind of knowledge you get from growing up in the 90's/2000's and wanting to solve computer/setup issues yourself without calling a 1-800 number), you can usually wade through it. There are millions of mac users out there, and chances are if you have a question, or some software you need for Mac but Mac doesn't make it, there is a free alternative online. Great example, GIMP compared to Photoshop.

Also almost everything is Mac compatible now.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 12:35:58 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It's apple's netbook.  They shouldn't be too expensive.   Essentially calling it a larger itouch/iphone wouldn't be too incorrect ...

I know a few people who want one, though.

Love my iphone 3gs, though.   Love it. 

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 12:38:50 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Starts at 499? I wonder how much higher the other ones will be? I think for it to really catch fire they have to make it a portable idiot box.

Sidenote: My itouch was a life saver when my pc was get fixed. I would log on a post on CB exclusively through it for weeks.

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 12:39:07 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Do you wear it between your legs, like a unisex maxi pad? Is it warm? Does it vibrate?

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 12:42:05 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

Well, I mean there is a transition, don't let anyone tell you different.

There are certain websites that saavy people go to in order to watch lengthy divx videos. If you don't get computers on a basic level (I'm not talking programming or anything...just the kind of knowledge you get from growing up in the 90's/2000's and wanting to solve computer/setup issues yourself without calling a 1-800 number), you can usually wade through it. There are millions of mac users out there, and chances are if you have a question, or some software you need for Mac but Mac doesn't make it, there is a free alternative online. Great example, GIMP compared to Photoshop.

Also almost everything is Mac compatible now.

I'm not a tech wiz by any stretch of the imagination, but I couldn't imagine trying to run Sony Vegas with my finger tips. Or Audacity. Virtual DJ might be fun to run on an iPad, but I have real turntables and real mixers. I'm a big gamer, too (Mostly Xbox but I'll Counter-Strike it up with my brother and his fiance on occasion) things like that just aren't fun on Macs. At least not for me.