Author Topic: Mass Effect 2  (Read 6563 times)

Mass Effect 2
« on: January 24, 2010, 09:45:04 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Anybody else psyched for this game to come out?  The commercials -- and there have been plenty of them -- have me pumped.

Mass Effect was probably my favorite game so far among this generation's consoles (tied with Fallout 3).  I'm expecting great things.

Sadly, I won't get a chance to play it until probably March, though...  Ugh.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Mass Effect 2
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 10:33:34 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Dude I'm beyond psyched.  I can't even wait.  I've been on **** the past few days watching people stream the game live (not sure how they got a copy of it).  I made sure to only watch a few minutes at a time so as not to spoil anything.  But it was really hard to turn it off just watching someone play it.  I can't even imagine how many man hours I'm going to lose when I'm the one with the controller in my hand.

If you want to see some gameplay action, just search for it on ****.  Man I wish I could go into cryo-sleep right now and be woken up tomorrow night at 11:55pm!!

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 11:08:04 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
OK guys, I have mass effect 1 sitting under my tv right now. I only played it for about 2 hours and never went back. I didn't like the way the guns shot or something tiny that bothered me.

Should I get back into this game? Do you have anything to say that would convince me to put it back into the XBox?

BTW, I have liked RPG's in the past. I put so many hrs into Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 11:09:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Anybody else psyched for this game to come out?  The commercials -- and there have been plenty of them -- have me pumped.

Mass Effect was probably my favorite game so far among this generation's consoles (tied with Fallout 3).  I'm expecting great things.

I am psyched, I probably won't buy it for a month as I have another game to finish first though.

I feel really bad for my good friend Graham. His Xbox red ringed today.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

I feel really bad for my good friend Graham. His Xbox red ringed today.

Ugh.  I'm just waiting for mine to give out.  Any game that comes out on both systems, I buy the PS3 version, partly out of hopes that if I don't over-use my Xbox, it won't die on me.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 11:41:58 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
OK guys, I have mass effect 1 sitting under my tv right now. I only played it for about 2 hours and never went back. I didn't like the way the guns shot or something tiny that bothered me.

Should I get back into this game? Do you have anything to say that would convince me to put it back into the XBox?

BTW, I have liked RPG's in the past. I put so many hrs into Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

Hmm...  I'm not exactly sure how to sell it, but I loved the game.  I'd recommend picking it back up, since I feel like you're missing out (especially if you like RPG games), but I recognize that not every game (even the good ones) are for everybody.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 12:06:12 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Hmm...  I'm not exactly sure how to sell it, but I loved the game.  I'd recommend picking it back up, since I feel like you're missing out (especially if you like RPG games), but I recognize that not every game (even the good ones) are for everybody.

I have met actual people who played Jade Empire for Xbox 360 and didn't like it. I have met people who didn't like Techmo Super Bowl, and I have met people who didn't like Super Mario Bros 3.

Strange world.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 12:45:01 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

It should be good, but I won't rush to buy it.  I still have to finish Dragon Age and Assassin's Creed II.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 12:50:56 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I might check it out a while after it's out. Right now I'm more excited for BioShock 2. Plus, I don't really have time to play anything other than Call of Duty.. Waiting for MF2 to be launched on the pro circuit.

I haven't played the first game, but I've thought about buying it on the XBL marketplace. I've heard great things about it, but I'm not really an RPG type of guy. Still worth a look, or no?

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 12:57:20 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I might check it out a while after it's out. Right now I'm more excited for BioShock 2. Plus, I don't really have time to play anything other than Call of Duty.. Waiting for MF2 to be launched on the pro circuit.

I haven't played the first game, but I've thought about buying it on the XBL marketplace. I've heard great things about it, but I'm not really an RPG type of guy. Still worth a look, or no?

More of a movie than an RPG in a lot of ways.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 01:09:23 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

I have met actual people who played Jade Empire for Xbox 360 and didn't like it. I have met people who didn't like Techmo Super Bowl, and I have met people who didn't like Super Mario Bros 3.

Strange world.

It's a good thing everyone loves Final Fantasy VI though.

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 08:53:03 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

It should be good, but I won't rush to buy it.  I still have to finish Dragon Age and Assassin's Creed II.

Dragon Age was INCREDIBLE!!!  I freaking played the bejeezus out of it.  I read that people were finishing it in like 30-40 hours.  Each play through took me 70+.  I never wanted it to end so I meticulously pursued every side quest, armor set, special weapons, etc.  What a great game.

Assassin's Creed was definitely cool.  But way too easy.  I beat it in less than a week.  The graphics might be the best I've ever seen in a game, but the challenge just wasn't there.  I don't think I ever died unless I suicide-dove off the highest towers.

Jade Empire has to be one of the most underrated games ever.  It was really, really original.  Had a superb, deep story and outstanding Kung Fu combat (as opposed to the standard Karate moves in most games).  I think it was overlooked by a lot of gamers because it came near the end of the life cycle for the first Xbox and didn't get a big marketing push like Splinter Cell or Halo or something.  It's kind of a shame, really.  Because that game is truly one of the best games of all time.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 10:31:10 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I bought Mass Effect (the first one) for a few dollars from EA's website before the holidays, but it wouldn't install on my 64 bit Win 7 laptop. I have since reinstalled my OS due to weird problems I was having and have played through Dragon Age. I will retry Mass Effect when I have time.

Not sure when that will be though.

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 10:45:39 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
In terms of RPG styled games...this is a very close second behind Fallout 3.

The shooting is better, the combat is faster, the load times..well they're still there, but the theatrical element is better than any game I've seen so far for the XBox...way better than GTA4, which was also flat out amazing.

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 10:55:23 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
im still rockin my ps2...