Author Topic: No Trade Happening  (Read 2989 times)

No Trade Happening
« on: January 24, 2010, 08:41:23 PM »

Offline divo0oneh

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
Unless someone knows something it seems like there won't be any deal heading the C's way! there dont seem to be a team thats willing to give up anything for expirings unless they get something in return and the C's only hope is to sign a veteran! im not sure whos out there but you guys might wanna help out and list whats out there?

Its dissapointing i mean i wouldn't mind giving up a 2011 1st rounder for a guy like Ramon Sessions but it just doesnt seem like there is any team interested in expirings right now!

Re: No Trade Happening
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 08:43:37 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Unless someone knows something it seems like there won't be any deal heading the C's way! there dont seem to be a team thats willing to give up anything for expirings unless they get something in return and the C's only hope is to sign a veteran! im not sure whos out there but you guys might wanna help out and list whats out there?

Its dissapointing i mean i wouldn't mind giving up a 2011 1st rounder for a guy like Ramon Sessions but it just doesnt seem like there is any team interested in expirings right now!

I think plenty of teams would be interested in expirings, but there'll be more action around the trade deadline. In fact there are a number of players that probably couldn't be given away for expirings.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 08:56:05 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I think plenty of teams would be interested in expirings, but there'll be more action around the trade deadline. In fact there are a number of players that probably couldn't be given away for expirings.

Yes, exactly.  In a few more weeks, trade discussions will start to pick up.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 09:28:51 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

weird post. if this is danny ferry, please try celtics thug -- he'll be sure to have some insider info.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 09:51:11 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Lamesauce, bro. Can't believe we aren't getting KryptoNate.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 09:21:52 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
I honestly don't see a trade happening...I think it's more likely that Danny will pick up a guy who gets axed.  Unless a team is desperate for Scalabrine, T. Allen or Gidden's contracts, I don't see him making a move (and I can't see anyone who'd want any of this garbage)...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 09:28:49 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think our bench is set 6-10 with everyone healthy. That being said if we can trade a few of our 11-14 guys for someone who could play in the second unit we will do that deal. I see a 2 for one involving two of Walker/Giddens/Scal for a good player happening.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
There's a very good chance a trade happens. The Cs understand that their cap situation is compromised for the coming two years, so their best chance to add a complimentary talent for this year and next is via the nice mix-and-match of expirings we currently have.

I'm not talking about Ray -- his deal is too big for the amount they'd likely have to commit to next year and they want to keep him. Same applies for Pierce next year. The Cs could trade for a player or players making anything from $1 to $12,000,000 this year without trading Ray or Daniels. And remember, if the Cs want to sign Daniels again this summer, they have to use the MLE to do so.

Look for them to continue to target teams going nowhere. Washington, GSW, Phili, NJ, etc...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 09:38:05 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Yeah i am saying around feb. 7th teams are going to start hearing about players that can be had for cheap/expirings. The team that scares me is the Cavs they have Z's expiring and thats not good for us.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 09:45:09 AM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
Lamesauce, bro. Can't believe we aren't getting KryptoNate.
I read that after Nate came back and threw in 41 that New York's expectations of what they could get for him went through the roof which is why he isn't a Celtic as we speak

Hopefully with Daniels' injury Tony Allen can continue to play inspired ball and increase his value from something other than a $2.5 million expiring contract as I think Eddie and Scal have pretty much rendered themselves into nothing but expirings given their bad play this year
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 09:58:10 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Yeah i am saying around feb. 7th teams are going to start hearing about players that can be had for cheap/expirings. The team that scares me is the Cavs they have Z's expiring and thats not good for us.

And Wally Szcz's completely adjustable sign-and-trade scenario ala Keith Van Horn.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)