Author Topic: Everybody Needs to Calm Down!  (Read 6772 times)

Everybody Needs to Calm Down!
« on: January 21, 2010, 02:27:58 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Everyone needs to calm down... After every loss they think it is the end of the world...

Ik our team is playing like dirt right now and looks god awful!... but after all it is only January and we've been really injury riddle and yes we should still be winning these games... BUT DON'T WORRY WE WILL BE FINE!...

MARK MY WORDS!

This to say I'm not agaisnt doing a trade but only one that would make us at least as good now and better for the future because I would probably do the Sac trade or hopefully pick up Nate Rob if he ends up getting bought out but even if we don't do a trade or pick up a player.

WE WILL BE FINE!!!!

Oh and also from all the threads I've been seeing lately about the guys not trying and things... Obviously they're trying they are professional athletes they are not going to go out and not try and just be lazy... They are just not playing well and our important players are older than most teams and have a lot of mileage on them so it may seem they are not trying... 

And I've also been seeing people post about how they are getting sick and tired of the NBA game... Well don't watch it and stop complaining so much AND THINK OF IT THIS WAY... WHAT IF THERE WAS NO NBA AND NO BOSTON CELTICS THEN WHAT WOULD YOU DO... AND BE GREATFUL FOR BEING A FAN OF THE GREATEST NBA FRANCHISE THERE IS!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 03:02:42 PM by Mike-Dub »
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Re: Everybody Needs to Calm Down!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 02:57:52 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I'm willing to acknowledge the fact that we have injury issues just as much as the next guy, and yes missing KG is a big deal.

however, the thing that concerns me the most is our inability to hold onto our leads in the 2nd half.  Injuries aside, some of these teams we should be able to handle without KG pretty comfortably.  Especially Detriot, who was without Gordon and Prince, and Rip was playing with the flu.

Some people are saying it's a lack of focus and are chalking it up to a midseason drag, and I hope they are right, because one thought that keeps lingering in the back of my mind is that I wonder if older, tired legs are starting to rear their ugly head only half way through the season.  If thats the issue we have a huge problem.  I know every year is different, but the fact that in our championship year in '08, the 3rd quarter is when we'd really punished our opponents, it when we'd really step on their necks.  This year the 3rd quarter is when we let teams back in the game instead of putting them away.  It's alarming to me.
Greg

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
I'm willing to acknowledge the fact that we have injury issues just as much as the next guy, and yes missing KG is a big deal.

however, the thing that concerns me the most is our inability to hold onto our leads in the 2nd half.  Injuries aside, some of these teams we should be able to handle without KG pretty comfortably.  Especially Detriot, who was without Gordon and Prince, and Rip was playing with the flu.

Some people are saying it's a lack of focus and are chalking it up to a midseason drag, and I hope they are right, because one thought that keeps lingering in the back of my mind is that I wonder if older, tired legs are starting to rear their ugly head only half way through the season.  If thats the issue we have a huge problem.  I know every year is different, but the fact that in our championship year in '08, the 3rd quarter is when we'd really punished our opponents, it when we'd really step on their necks.  This year the 3rd quarter is when we let teams back in the game instead of putting them away.  It's alarming to me.

I agree with everything you've said Greg but that team was on a mission to prove everyone wrong and that they could win a title and also this team is two seasons removed from that year... But don't worry this team will be ready and be there when it counts...

MARK MY WORDS!

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 03:03:02 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Thanks Donoghus put it in the wrong thread.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1625
  • What a Pub Should Be
Thanks Donoghus put it in the wrong thread.

No prob. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 03:21:37 PM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Im just worried that not only are we losing, but Ray, Paul, and Rondo are logging like 34+ minutes over the past 3 weeks or so.

I'm worried that by the time KG and Marquis are 100% healthy and energized. Ray Paul Rondo are just going to be spent heading into the stretch run of the season and into the playoffs. KG and Quis are the only ones who will have the fresh legs and energy.

I mean Ray Paul Rondo are having to log 35+ minutes just to stay competitive in a game.
If we put the bench in to rest those guys right now, you can forget about just being competitive.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 03:25:13 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Im just worried that not only are we losing, but Ray, Paul, and Rondo are logging like 34+ minutes over the past 3 weeks or so.

I'm worried that by the time KG and Marquis are 100% healthy and energized. Ray Paul Rondo are just going to be spent heading into the stretch run of the season and into the playoffs. KG and Quis are the only ones who will have the fresh legs and energy.

I mean Ray Paul Rondo are having to log 35+ minutes just to stay competitive in a game.
If we put the bench in to rest those guys right now, you can forget about just being competitive.

Ik what you're saying but I think Doc has been doing a decent job resting guys not with minutes but with having them have extra time when injured and I think that Doc will handle there minutes fine after the All Star break and that we will be fine... And if he doesn't I still feel that Ray and Paul still have enough in the tank to get it done and the heart to get it done.

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 03:27:25 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 706
  • MASTER OF PANIC
only time will tell...but the trend of the past 15 games are troubling

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 03:28:08 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

But the last 15 games are in the months of December and January... Lots of time left in the season and I am sure that the C's will be ready for whatever comes at them!

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 03:31:17 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC

But the last 15 games are in the months of December and January... Lots of time left in the season and I am sure that the C's will be ready for whatever comes at them!

yes..lots of time left. but they need to get the ills cured now

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 03:35:29 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

yes..lots of time left. but they need to get the ills cured now

The ills aren't going to be cured till after All-Star break when Marquis Daniels comes back and right before All-Star break and right after All-Star break,, which is about three weeks from now, and the team hopefully is fully healthy, is when I hope this team can really get it going.

But mostly they just need to be healthy a bit before going into the playoffs and in the playoffs and then I'm sure they will be fine.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 03:36:42 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
ok...JUST beat the lakers and magic this month

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 03:38:39 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
ok...JUST beat the lakers and magic this month

Actually I would like the team to win every game this month... lol but an NBA Championship is all I really want.

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 03:39:32 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i will go lower...just play a strong 3rd quarter vs portland tomorrow

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 04:03:35 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
i will go lower...just play a strong 3rd quarter vs portland tomorrow

You see... That's where everybody is going wrong... The are thinking to much in the short term and not in the long run... Yeah it is important for this team to win now and play good and be healthy and of course I want them to win every game they play and it sucks when they lose but what really is important is for this team to be winning when it comes playoff time and be healthy and play well to put them in a position to be in the championship and win the championship...

A championship is all that matters.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:12:08 PM by Mike-Dub »