Author Topic: CelticsBlog App??? (just an idea)  (Read 5243 times)

CelticsBlog App??? (just an idea)
« on: January 18, 2010, 04:34:55 PM »

Offline MF Doom

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
I know this is far fetched but wouldnt it be great if we could somehow develop an Apple Application to be put in the app store. Im typing right now from my ipod touch and it would be so convenient to have an app. Im sure other posters have iphones and itouches as well. This site is sponsored by tmobile now so who knows, maybe its a possibility

Re: CelticsBlog App??? (just an idea)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:49:01 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
I would love it for my Palm Pre'
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:04:48 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
We have a Celticsblog mobile site, I assume you mean having the forums support mobile browsing?

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 05:10:45 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
That would be spectacular!
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 10:34:48 AM »

Kiorrik

I browse this site from my Iphone all the time, and prefer the non-mobile plain regular site to the mobile version. By quite a bit too.

An app... dunno what it'd add tbh. Don't want to shoot the idea down, cuz I'd love one, but I'm just not sure what it'd add, because most of the time, apps actually *remove* usability, which I'm totally not in favor of.

What I'd like to see though, is bigger page numbers on a mobile phone. I could write us some CSS for that if you want, and I could supply the webmaster with the needed Javascript for mobile phone recognition as well. The question is though; is anyone able to access the core files?

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 10:39:12 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
We have a Celticsblog mobile site, I assume you mean having the forums support mobile browsing?
Can we write in the forums from mobile phones?  I don't think I can on mine.  That would be awesome because a lot of times I want to continue a dialogue but I have to leave my computer and go to work.

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 10:41:11 AM »

Kiorrik

Can we write in the forums from mobile phones?  I don't think I can on mine.  That would be awesome because a lot of times I want to continue a dialogue but I have to leave my computer and go to work.
Dunno what phone you have, but on an Iphone it's possible, though somewhat clumsy when navigating pages.

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 10:41:57 AM »

Kiorrik

Btw, MF Doom: thanks man. Now you got me thinking about my career lol :D

I might wanna go from Webdesign to App design.

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 10:46:05 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Dunno what phone you have, but on an Iphone it's possible, though somewhat clumsy when navigating pages.
samsung alias 2.  It has a basic internet that I go on all the time, but it's not like the internet on my computer.  I might have to get an iphone or blackberry if i can use this site.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Would be great i just got the Droid. I can read all the forums and everything from my phone but would be cool if i could just click an app and be there but not that big of a deal but keep us posted if something like that would be available.