Author Topic: Big Baby  (Read 8920 times)

Big Baby
« on: January 14, 2010, 11:09:23 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74
I read about everybody being upset with everybody about effort tonight, does it not bother you what he has done this year? Recap:

complains about not getting a deal quick enough

gets his new deal precedes to get in a fight before the season
starts and misses 8 weeks.

comes back from the injury to his thumb and is in awful shape.

doesn't come even close to playing team defense.

This guy is not doing what it means to be a celtic!

Re: Big Baby
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 11:10:42 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I read about everybody being upset with everybody about effort tonight, does it not bother you what he has done this year? Recap:

I actually thought he played alright today.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 11:11:53 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think he's readjusting to being in the rotation. Remember he was a starter the last time he played much basketball and then got hurt. So instead of the starting PF he became the 3rd PF on the team, he's clearly struggling with the mental aspects of the game.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 11:13:20 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
hes a pro and was a bench player for the first year and a half of his career he was a bench player.. he should be able to adjust, and that still isnt an excuse for him being upset

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 11:16:33 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
hes a pro and was a bench player for the first year and a half of his career he was a bench player.. he should be able to adjust, and that still isnt an excuse for him being upset
Where have you heard about him being upset?

He was a bench player before, and struggled with rotations before! He got a lot better last year with his defense as the year went on, I think its reasonable to expect improvement from what he's doing currently. He sat out 8 weeks, its hard to make the right rotations when you're adjusting to a different team, a different spot in the rotation, and also a young player.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 11:18:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3186

That is accurate.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 11:19:56 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford

He was a bench player before, and struggled with rotations before! He got a lot better last year with his defense as the year went on, I think its reasonable to expect improvement from what he's doing currently. He sat out 8 weeks, its hard to make the right rotations when you're adjusting to a different team, a different spot in the rotation, and also a young player.

sorry guys didnt mean upset, thats what i am at big baby  ;D, meant out of shape, thats my biggest beef with him

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 12:11:54 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Tony Allen gets 3 years to recover from an injury, Scal gets more than 6 months, and Baby only gets a few games? Yeah, it was only the thumb, but itīs still 6 months that he didnīt play any professional basketball.

And out of shape? He is in top shape, considering where he is coming from.

I am glad that BBD is back, and I think he played great over the last games, given the circumstances.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 12:17:30 AM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 12:37:48 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
He doesn't look that out of shape to me?  He looks a little rusty, but he's really not playing all that bad in my opinion.  I mean tonight he had 6 pts, 8 boards, for a bench guy, that's not that bad.  Unfortunately we are getting little production out of Scal as a starter, so we need more out of the bench.  With all this being said, Davis is not the reason we lost tonight.  Perkins played very well I thought.  Pierce, Allen, Rondo, not so much.
do it

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 02:47:58 AM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
He doesn't look that out of shape to me?  He looks a little rusty, but he's really not playing all that bad in my opinion.  I mean tonight he had 6 pts, 8 boards, for a bench guy, that's not that bad.  Unfortunately we are getting little production out of Scal as a starter, so we need more out of the bench.  With all this being said, Davis is not the reason we lost tonight.  Perkins played very well I thought.  Pierce, Allen, Rondo, not so much.
I agree.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 04:45:35 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

His Pillsbury Dough-Boy act is getting a little old. Be nice if he had even the slightest amount f quickness or maybe a smidgen of lift when he tries to jump. I think we might have won the Atlanta game if Scal was on the court when Doc got tossed and not Baby.

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 06:57:47 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Baby brought energy, hustle and big plays tonight, along with Eddie House. I thought these two guys (basically... our bench during this stretch of injuries) kept us in the game and were the keys to every run we made.

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 07:57:25 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

This has been my consistent concern: "Starter Baby" is better than "Bench Baby," but "Starter Baby" is really not good enough to be a good starter. However, "Bench Baby" is a less than ideal bench player as well. Ideally, we would bring "starter baby" off the bench as a sub, but Baby has yet to demonstrate that he can play off the bench any where near the level he did as a starter. Kind of stuck in no man's land.

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 08:08:27 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I actually think he has played very well since he has returned.  He has brought a lot of energy, has clearly been focussing on improving his rebounding, and he has continued to play very solid positional defense.  Yes, he makes mistakes every once in a while, but not nearly as much as Shelden does.  He has given this team a boost since his return IMO.

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 08:08:38 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Why complain about Baby when he's been pretty decent since he came back from injury, which is good considering he hasn't had much time to get into any rhythm.  I don't get the complaints.  Should be complaining about Shelden Williams.  Can't catch a pass to save his life!
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson