Author Topic: nba live 10  (Read 3000 times)

nba live 10
« on: January 04, 2010, 08:06:26 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
any1 here play it regularly online on ps3?

Re: nba live 10
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 09:31:02 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
bump

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 10:13:52 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
only 2k10 sonn
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
only 2k10 sonn

Yeah 2k seems to be the popular choice. I gotta say though I've played almost exclusively "My Player" mode, so I haven't even been on line.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 11:40:45 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
Just finished messing around with it on Xbox 360.  To be honest, the animation is incredible and it serves as an extraordinary sim, but basketball is such an intuitive game that it is exceedingly difficult to make a video game that gives you the true basketball experience.  In that way, I found Live 10 so frustrating that I had to put it down, and vow to myself never to play again.

It does totally maddening, unintuitive things like pass into the backcourt for a violation when you are trying to pass to the open guy up the floor, or leave your four players not under your control standing like idiots when a ball drops nearby.  Couple that with user options that you can accidently trigger (such as substitutions) that keep the clock and the game going while you are dribbling like a fool, arbitrary foul calls, and difficult submenus that are difficult to understand if you want to set a play, or make a sub.  Plus there's no real training program to teach you how to pass, play defense, throw ally-oops, just a sort of screen saver menu that lets you shoot.

I get the feeling I might not be cut out of basketball video games in general, I become a snarling monster while losing 13 point leads to the Magic in 38 seconds to lose by one.  My girlfriend is probably gonna buy a defibrillator if I don't quit it.  Thank God I still have my old NESN NBA Jam or I don't know what I'd do :)

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 08:02:41 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
only 2k10 sonn

i thought of buying 2k, but i couldnt bc kobe's on the cover.  i bleed green.

if anyone is interested in playing live online on ps3, pm me and we can exchange screen names so we can play