Author Topic: Drawing for the uninspired!  (Read 208321 times)

Re: Drawing for the uninspired!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 07:58:41 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I'd say that that was pretty inspired (or inspiring) - TP, my brother.

Thanks, Brother ... just "hen scratchings", but it relaxes me, and I guess that's as good a reason as any. Back atcha for the kind words. :) 
You want hen scratchings and doodles, I will show you hen scratchings and doodles!  Your stuff is serious sketching...
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 01:04:22 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
You've got some serious talent Bahku, I especially like the cottage.

Sketching is probably one of the hardest things I've EVER tried to do.  That's one skill I don't think I could ever improve on, no matter how hard I practiced.

Many thanks to you and TB for the much-too-kind comments, Bud ... my Sis and Mom are the true artists in my family, (just amazing), but a little rubbed off, I guess, enough that it has brought me some enjoyment, at least. My brother and I went the more musical and medical routes ... there's just too little time for everything, unfortunately. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I sketched this during slow time yesterday, for my Bro ACF and his son's birthday. I wanted to do a portrait, but I'm just horrible with faces, and I loved the expression/symbolism in the hands, (father with the open hand, representing unconditional love/acceptance, and the child's hand grasping for guidance and affection). I wanted to make some connection to the Celtics, hence the shamrocks on Elias' shirt. (I sketch in a sketchbook, that's why there are shawdows when I scan the drawing).

(Hope you like it, Bro :))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:35:42 AM by Bahku »

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

I sketched this during slow time yesterday, for my Bro ACF and his son's birthday. I wanted to do a portrait, but I'm just horrible with faces, and I loved the expression/symbolism in the hands, (father with the open hand, representing unconditional love/acceptance, and the child's hand grasping for guidance and affection). I wanted to make some connection to the Celtics, hence the shamrocks on Elias' shirt. (I sketch in a sketchbook, that's why there are shawdows when I scan the drawing).

I don't like it - I love it!

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 08:27:49 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

A  couple of awesome drawings by new member ScottHow:

Just wanted to share a Rondo drawing I just finished. What do ya think?

Nicely done!

:)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 08:34:22 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Ditto! Is it just me or are hands one of the hardest things to draw? I find it difficult to make them life-like. You did a wonderful job. My hands always look cartoonish but then again, I am not that good at drawing anyway.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 08:39:33 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

Ditto! Is it just me or are hands one of the hardest things to draw? I find it difficult to make them life-like. You did a wonderful job. My hands always look cartoonish but then again, I am not that good at drawing anyway.

Agree, hands can be really hard. Great job on the hands bahku, and nice mixing in the Celtic theme.

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 09:19:11 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

A  couple of awesome drawings by new member ** ScottHow **:
Just wanted to share a Rondo drawing I just finished. What do ya think?

Nicely done!

:)

Thanks to both y'all ... keep up the great work, SH ... you've got some major talent there.

I'm just a hack, cuz most of my free time goes to music, and I've just never been able to give art the time I wish I could.

My Sis and Mom are well-known artists here in Maine, so I picked up a little bit over the years.

Keep at it, and keep posting ... I'd like to see more CB-ers posting their stuff as well.

Our own Kiorrik, (mod who started this thread), is extremely talented as well.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2012, 05:05:31 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
Acrylic painting of a design by Michael Weinstein I found on the internet. Painting defiantly isn't my thing, but still can be pretty entertaining. 

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 09:56:24 AM »

Kiorrik

My latest endeavor has some green in it.

Not finished yet, but there it is.

.edit: and the usual full screen link: http://www.ditdoetdirk.nl/crap/lightahr.jpg

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 06:55:13 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
I just tried doing goofy/cartoon/caricatures for the first time. And why not start on our Celtics? Let me know what you think.

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 07:14:23 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I just tried doing goofy/cartoon/caricatures for the first time. And why not start on our Celtics? Let me know what you think.

Very nice!!

I really hope people keep updating this thread with their artwork... I love it!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 01:55:05 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
Thanks!

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 02:09:31 AM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
a lil sum I started tonight.
Not finished and some of its sloppy, will finish it and repost at a later date

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 02:13:44 AM »

Offline dwayne celtic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
quick question how do you start a forum topic, been trying the longest still can't find out how to