Author Topic: Arenas and Crittenton draw guns over a debt  (Read 25412 times)

Re: Arenas and Crittenton draw guns over a debt
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2010, 02:01:52 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
First time Arenas has passed on an opportunity to shoot?

now thats a tp!

« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2010, 02:11:26 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Can you imagine being that coach right about now?

"Hey guys let me just be a straight shooter here for a second.  Uh. I mean let me just shoot from the hip here.  No wait. I mean don't be afraid to shoot the lights out tonight. No! I mean just ...oh shoot...no wait. That's not what I mean. I mean if you're open...oh just shoot me. NO!"

hahahahahhahah
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2010, 03:33:55 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
aall of this is incredible...but it also makes me wonder if only these two clowns are carrying guns into locker rooms. look at he min-arsenal delonte west totes around.

sigh. the nba just got a major image hit, and it deserves it for letting the culture surrounding its players turn this direction.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2010, 03:39:34 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
aall of this is incredible...but it also makes me wonder if only these two clowns are carrying guns into locker rooms. look at he min-arsenal delonte west totes around.

sigh. the nba just got a major image hit, and it deserves it for letting the culture surrounding its players turn this direction.
Read over at "Hoops-Hype" where Devin Harris says he estimate 75%of the players in the NBA are packing.

« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2010, 03:40:45 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be

Read over at "Hoops-Hype" where Devin Harris says he estimate 75%of the players in the NBA are packing.

Have to wonder how many of them actually bring them to the arena.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2010, 04:56:13 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

and the nba just keeps getting better and better.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2010, 05:15:14 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I read this when it first happened and I am still in shock over it.

I can't judge either, because I don't know what was going on in their minds, but it still baffles me with what they could've lost(and probably will) lose.

Thank God it didn't progress to shots being fired.

It just looks bad for the NBA. And Gilbert is such a great player and have a lot of folks looking up to him.

I try to place myself in their shoes, with the millions they make and at the most I would have a few bodyguards. I couldn't carry a gun. I wouldn't feel comfortable with one.

Heck I don't like guns to this day, and I was prior service.

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »

Kiorrik

I read this when it first happened and I am still in shock over it.

I can't judge either, because I don't know what was going on in their minds, but it still baffles me with what they could've lost(and probably will) lose.

Thank God it didn't progress to shots being fired.

It just looks bad for the NBA. And Gilbert is such a great player and have a lot of folks looking up to him.

I try to place myself in their shoes, with the millions they make and at the most I would have a few bodyguards. I couldn't carry a gun. I wouldn't feel comfortable with one.

Heck I don't like guns to this day, and I was prior service.
"Live by the sword, die by the sword."

Love that saying.

My weapon of choice is the pen. Or rather the keyboard. I wonder if I'm going to get stabbed by a pen or strangled with keyboard-wire.

Hmmm...

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2010, 06:26:36 PM »

Offline chicagogreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 30
nut jobs, just plain nut jobs

i almost never get into talking about athletes outside of their play, except as it might reflect on their play, MJ being a ruthless jerk that abused BJ and made him cry, or almost had Cartwright beat the heck out him for similar antics, etc. 

I think an awful lot of the criticism athlete's endure comes from a few mean places, a smug self-righteousness that is a little too happy with itself and belongs in the sowing-cirlce, a tendancy to forget that we are often talking about kids in their 20's when we are all stupid, and not an insignicant bit of racism especially when hearing critisisms of the NBA's "preening and thugishness," code words not for new things but for race.

That said, what the heck is wrong with these guys?  This is too much.  Guns?  Really?  In the locker room?  I can understand even in cars, they are known guys and they get robbed, and if you are a gun rights guy (which I am not) then that is what they are for, right?  To protect against that kind of thing.  But in the locker room, in the presence of all that adrenaline and emotion?  Way too far, just stupid, stupid - courting tragedy.  Craziness.  Suspend them for the season (unless one is just egregiously at fault and the other responded, which doesn't seem to be the case).  Get these two knuckleheads out for a good long time.

May well need to address the gun issue as a whole as well.  And it won't be fair to simply ban ownership by NBA players while so many others can carry them.  That will be interesting. 

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
I've always loved Gilbert. However, there has always been an element of "crazy" that I just can't get over.

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2010, 06:31:53 PM »

Kiorrik

i almost never get into talking about athletes outside of their play, except as it might reflect on their play, MJ being a ruthless jerk that abused BJ and made him cry, or almost had Cartwright beat the heck out him for similar antics, etc. 

I think an awful lot of the criticism athlete's endure comes from a few mean places, a smug self-righteousness that is a little too happy with itself and belongs in the sowing-cirlce, a tendancy to forget that we are often talking about kids in their 20's when we are all stupid, and not an insignicant bit of racism especially when hearing critisisms of the NBA's "preening and thugishness," code words not for new things but for race.

That said, what the heck is wrong with these guys?  This is too much.  Guns?  Really?  In the locker room?  I can understand even in cars, they are known guys and they get robbed, and if you are a gun rights guy (which I am not) then that is what they are for, right?  To protect against that kind of thing.  But in the locker room, in the presence of all that adrenaline and emotion?  Way too far, just stupid, stupid - courting tragedy.  Craziness.  Suspend them for the season (unless one is just egregiously at fault and the other responded, which doesn't seem to be the case).  Get these two knuckleheads out for a good long time.

May well need to address the gun issue as a whole as well.  And it won't be fair to simply ban ownership by NBA players while so many others can carry them.  That will be interesting. 
Great post, TP you in a sec. First thought:

Best part about your post, in my opinion, is the "But in the locker room, in the presence of all that adrenaline and emotion?" line. It's something that's always overlooked: adrenaline really, very badly, diminishes a persons inhibitions, pushes away the boundaries of self-control and limits their thinking to near react-on-instinct only.

Guns don't belong in locker rooms. Period.

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2010, 10:16:20 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I don't know if this was brought up in the thread but Gilbert was suspended back in 2004 for guns.He didn't have the proper registration in California for his guns.

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2010, 11:24:14 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'

TP, brilliant post...

« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2010, 01:20:13 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Amen, especially on the "code words" thing. Different words for the same racist message.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2010, 11:17:18 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
My only question is why is Arenas still playing?  Shouldn't he be suspended pending an investigation?  This is the same league that will fine the crap out of a player or a coach whenever they say something about the ref, but you can't suspend a guy, or at the very least, give an initial fine for something that he has admitted doing?

This just shows what we already know about the NBA and Stern, that it's a joke and we are the punch line.
Baby Jesus!