Author Topic: 2010 Draft Propect DeMarcus Cousins  (Read 5905 times)

2010 Draft Propect DeMarcus Cousins
« on: December 23, 2009, 06:55:42 PM »

Offline James Haley

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • Banner 18
Strengths: An extremely strong player, his body is well developed and has a remarkable wingspan to boot … At this level, once he catches the ball on the block there is not much the defense can do because he is so big … He has very soft hands, helping him catch passes in traffic, as well as convert on difficult shots around the hoop … For a player his size, he has good coordination and balance … He never rushes his moves and is always under control … At times his post moves may not look pretty, but you can’t argue with the results … He has confidence in his ball handling and is not shy about pushing the ball in transition …Although his shot is a bit flat , his form is decent and he is more than capable of stepping out beyond the arc and knocking shots down …
Weaknesses: Cousins is very raw. He needs to work on his footwork and decision making mostly. His offense is coming along fine, but he needs to become more of a leader on defense. His consistency is also a problem against top competition. Taken under Garnetts wing and Wallace this kid will be a problem and a steal mid-late 1st round. lets rebuild.

Re: 2010 Draft Propect DeMarcus Cousins
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 11:59:20 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I really don't think he is going in the late first round.  I think Cousins will either climb into the lottery because of his potential, or he will stay in school. 

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 12:10:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
These are guys I think the C's should be looking at late in the first:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=33908.0

Damion James and Quincy Pondexter

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 02:00:49 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I want nothing to do with Cousins.  He is flat out a punk.  He is awful defensively as he cannot stay out of foul trouble.  I would rather have Dexter Pittman from Texas who may very well be around in the 20-30 spot.  I definitely agree with James and Pondexter though, I like their games a lot.
do it

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 02:11:14 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Strengths: An extremely strong player, his body is well developed and has a remarkable wingspan to boot … At this level, once he catches the ball on the block there is not much the defense can do because he is so big … He has very soft hands, helping him catch passes in traffic, as well as convert on difficult shots around the hoop … For a player his size, he has good coordination and balance … He never rushes his moves and is always under control … At times his post moves may not look pretty, but you can’t argue with the results … He has confidence in his ball handling and is not shy about pushing the ball in transition …Although his shot is a bit flat , his form is decent and he is more than capable of stepping out beyond the arc and knocking shots down …
Weaknesses: Cousins is very raw. He needs to work on his footwork and decision making mostly. His offense is coming along fine, but he needs to become more of a leader on defense. His consistency is also a problem against top competition. Taken under Garnetts wing and Wallace this kid will be a problem and a steal mid-late 1st round. lets rebuild.

uhhh.....what.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 04:47:57 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
For me it's not that he's a very raw player, it's the fact that it doesn't seem like he's a hard worker. In the NBA players who don't put in the effort usually are not going to succeed. Now I'm not saying that I don't think Cousins will be an effective pro because he may very well might be. But I would rather have someone like Dexter Pittman who has shown vast improvement and great work ethic in his time at Texas. He reminds me of Perk in that he worked really hard to shed that extra weight. He has already shown that he is fully committed to the game and doing everything he can to be a better player.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 04:49:28 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Does this thread mean I can start looking through the college basketball ranks for a player we should draft, that we won't, that I can then gloat about for the next year?

Please?

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 03:18:16 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Does this thread mean I can start looking through the college basketball ranks for a player we should draft, that we won't, that I can then gloat about for the next year?

Please?

Go for it
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 08:03:25 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Cousins could be another Big Al.....he will not be available, unless we clean house (literally and figuratively) in two weeks and move up

Second round= Jon Sheier of Duke.....good player

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 01:34:09 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
How about Latavious Williams?  Projected to go second round, he's the kid that went to the D-League instead of college.  Might be a Brandon Jennings sort of draft sleeper.  Or might just be a second round bust.  At least he wouldn't mind being sent to play in the D-League that much. 

Worth a shot, I suppose.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 10:44:30 AM »

Offline Celtic#9

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15
Cousins could be another Big Al.....he will not be available, unless we clean house (literally and figuratively) in two weeks and move up

Second round= Jon Sheier of Duke.....good player
[/quote/]
Agreed he is good at getting his own rebounds and really increased his shooting percentages

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
How about Latavious Williams?  Projected to go second round, he's the kid that went to the D-League instead of college.  Might be a Brandon Jennings sort of draft sleeper.  Or might just be a second round bust.  At least he wouldn't mind being sent to play in the D-League that much. 

Worth a shot, I suppose.

I like Williams. Good rebounder, athletic, very good quickness for a guy of his size, plays with hustle and within his limits, long-armed. Can be a good second round pick for someone.

Cousins is almost certainly a top-5 pick, top-10 at worst.