Author Topic: Game Advice  (Read 3633 times)

Game Advice
« on: December 23, 2009, 10:27:10 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I am looking to buy a game or two for PS3 if anyone has an reccomendations I would love to hear them. Here is what I already have.
1. Fifa 10
2. NCAA 10
3. Borderlands
4. Dragon Age
5. Modern Warfare 2 (ordered it but it hasn't been shipped)
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: Game Advice
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 10:46:57 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I am looking to buy a game or two for PS3 if anyone has an reccomendations I would love to hear them. Here is what I already have.
1. Fifa 10
2. NCAA 10
3. Borderlands
4. Dragon Age

go guitar
or speed
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 10:55:33 AM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
What type of games do you like the most?

That 5 games you name are all completely different.

The ps3 had some pretty good exclusive games:

inFamous
LittleBigPlanet
Killzone 2
Uncharted 1,2
Resistance 1,2
Motorstorm 1,2
Rachet & Clank 1,2

Some other great games:
NBA 2K10
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Assassin's Creed 2

Guitar Hero or DJ Hero are also fun games.
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 10:58:58 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
What type of games do you like the most?

That 5 games you name are all completely different.

The ps3 had some pretty good exclusive games:

inFamous
LittleBigPlanet
Killzone 2
Uncharted 1,2
Resistance 1,2
Motorstorm 1,2
Rachet & Clank 1,2

Some other great games:
NBA 2K10
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Assassin's Creed 2

Guitar Hero or DJ Hero are also fun games.

My favorite games are sports an RPG games. I do love a good action/shooter game.

I was advised against a game like Uncharted or Batman because you can beat it in a week or 3 and then you will never play it again. Thoughts on this argument?

Should I play Uncharted 1 before playing uncharted two? How good is the second Assassin's Creed?

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 11:04:34 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
1. Fifa 10
2. NCAA 10
3. Borderlands
4. Dragon Age

go guitar
or speed

ahh and with guitar i mean guitar hero metallica
not the rock band sissyness
well..now they have acdc but i am sure you will get the point.

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 11:10:48 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
NBA 2k10 is the best basketball game I've ever played. Plus, if you are into franchise mode, the game will last you until late summer.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 11:39:54 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I think Uncharted 2 is a must-have.  Also, in terms of the "you beat it and never play it again", first, the experience itself is a lot of fun, and second, from what I understand there's an active online community.  You won't miss much if you haven't played the first one (other than some character interactions), but the first one is worth buying, too.

They're not exclusives, but if you want games that are in-depth, pick up the Game of the Year editions of Fallout 3 and Oblivion.  Brilliant games for RPG fans.  I guarantee, you will *not* be disappointed.

Other great games:  Ninja Gaiden Sigma (1 & 2), Killzone 2, Resistance 1 & 2.  But definitely, if you like RPG games, pick up Oblivion and Fallout 3 (again, the GOTY editions, which have all the downloadable / add-on content).

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 11:46:58 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
I think Uncharted 2 is a must-have.  Also, in terms of the "you beat it and never play it again", first, the experience itself is a lot of fun, and second, from what I understand there's an active online community.  You won't miss much if you haven't played the first one (other than some character interactions), but the first one is worth buying, too.

They're not exclusives, but if you want games that are in-depth, pick up the Game of the Year editions of Fallout 3 and Oblivion.  Brilliant games for RPG fans.  I guarantee, you will *not* be disappointed.

Other great games:  Ninja Gaiden Sigma (1 & 2), Killzone 2, Resistance 1 & 2.  But definitely, if you like RPG games, pick up Oblivion and Fallout 3 (again, the GOTY editions, which have all the downloadable / add-on content).

If Roy hobbs blogs this much and play this much

when does he work....

p.s. same aplies to yours truly

Nice to be back!

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 11:48:37 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

when does he work....

Haha.  I'm both efficient and bored at work. ;)

(Plus, I have time for a girl friend and to coordinate starting my own law practice.  In other news, I've perfected the art of human cloning.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 11:55:31 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

when does he work....

(Plus, I have time for a girl friend and to coordinate starting my own law practice.  In other news, I've perfected the art of human cloning.)

I have a soft spot for cloning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ojTNcOQvIg

Nice to be back!

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 01:26:03 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

when does he work....

I may or may not have started this thread while at work. I think I'll get Drake's fortune. As far as Oblivion and Fallout go I'm interested but worried they would take over my life for a long period of time.
I just finished three weeks of not hanging out with my friends due to Dragon Age so I'm not sure I can start another all consuming game so soon.

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 03:48:23 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

when does he work....

I may or may not have started this thread while at work. I think I'll get Drake's fortune. As far as Oblivion and Fallout go I'm interested but worried they would take over my life for a long period of time.
I just finished three weeks of not hanging out with my friends due to Dragon Age so I'm not sure I can start another all consuming game so soon.

Yes, those two will definitely take over your life.  Check them out in the future, though.

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 04:07:10 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
1. Fifa 10
2. NCAA 10
3. Borderlands
4. Dragon Age

If you have Borderlands and Dragon Age on your list already, I'd think about getting Fallout 3, Game of the Year Edition. IMO, it's the best RPG ever made. Guaranteed to take you about 4-5 months to find ever single nugget, I think.

I've had the game for about a year now, and still haven't solved every quest. (I've also had to play around two young boys, because the game has an M rating..)

I haven't picked up NBA 2K10 yet, but I heard it's pretty good.