Author Topic: ps3 vs. xbox 360  (Read 2703 times)

ps3 vs. xbox 360
« on: December 22, 2009, 04:36:42 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
which is better in your opinion and why?  specify whether you have played both systems or not.

Re: ps3 vs. xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 04:51:51 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I bought a system two months ago so I have the argument fresh in my mind. In college one of my roommates owned a ps3 and another a 360 so I got to try both.

1. Better exlusive games, such as Mass Effect and Halo
2. Better network, you have to worry a lot less about a game crashing while playing online.
3. Better picture (right now) Most ps3 games are played at 760p while most 360 games are 1080i.

Ps3
1. Blue Ray
2. Free network
3. Higher capability, Ps3 games are mostly in lesser quality now but the ps3 itself is capable of more, which leads me to believe the ps3 quality will surpass that of x-box
4. Built in Wifi
5. Allows you to use any bluetooth as a headset instead of just the expensive Microsoft provided ones.

When I made my decision Netflix was a factor because 360 had the Netflix on demand rights and ps3 did not. This has now changed.

I eventually went with a Ps3 because that's what most of my friends from college had. So now I keep up with them in NCAA 10 dynasties.
If anyone has ps3 and wants to play against/with me in college football, Fifa, Borderlands or in a few days Modern Warfare 2 my gamer tag is the same as my Celticsblog name.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 05:04:34 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Hmmm xbox has the better game options imo, but that red ring of death junk really ruins the thing for me.

PS3 seemed like the better option but surely it's getting close to seeing the next line of consoles (Xbox720) released right?

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 05:15:53 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I have both, and any time a game is available on box systems, I tend to go with the PS3 version.  Mostly, it's just a comfort thing.

The PS3 is definitely better value.  As mentioned above, blu-ray + free wifi + better reliability makes the PS3 a good choice.

Both systems have great exclusive games.  Halo, Mass Effect, and Gears are all cool, but so are Metal Gear, Resistance, Killzone and Uncharted (with God of War on the way).

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 05:44:54 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
I have both

Any of the younger CelticsBloggers out there who are haven't decided on a career yet, I say become a lawyer.  Roy has an 360 and a PS3 (and probably has a Wii, PSP, and DS too).  And he has enough time left over to lay the smack down in the CB Draft and our Over/Under Playoff series and generally be on CelticsBlog 25 hours a day.  I wonder if it's too late for me to change careers...

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »

Offline scootman

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
cant forget ps3 has little big planet and soon mod nation racers. i have both consoles and i have to go ps3 because its reliable and because it has blu ray and its about 1000 times quieter than 360. you cant even tell that the ps3 is running when its on

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 07:22:08 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Hmmm xbox has the better game options imo, but that red ring of death junk really ruins the thing for me.

PS3 seemed like the better option but surely it's getting close to seeing the next line of consoles (Xbox720) released right?

Yeah I've experienced the Red Ring of Death, too...I wonder if any PS3 Owners have experienced any system issues like this?

Other than the RR of D, the 360 has been a strong system, at least for me. I considered getting a PS3, but the games for the 360 have been pretty strong.

Looking forward to Fallout: New Vegas coming out in June 2010, supposedly. Fallout 3 was best game ever made, IMO.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 07:42:35 PM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
I have had 2 x-box 360's and 1 PS3.  I got one of the first x-box 360's and it broke within a few months and then i got another one and it broke after a couple months so i decided to buy a PS3.  I bought one of the first PS3's that came out in 2006 when i was a freshman in college and the thing is still going strong today.  I watch movies on it all the time and pimped out the hard drive on it so i have tons of movies saved.  I leave my ps3 on for about 8 hours a day on average and has never had any issues.  PS3 is the one to choose, and you dont have to pay to play online.  It also has a blu-ray player so its a no brainer. 

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 07:57:32 PM »

Offline scootman

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
i have had my ps3 since last march and had zero problems i had 2 red rings on xbox and one time when they sent me back it had a disk tray problem and scratched all my games/ i then had to pay 150 dollars when they sent me a broken 360. i was not happy at all