Author Topic: Would it really surprise you if " King James " is using PED'S?  (Read 13525 times)

Would it really surprise you if " King James " is using PED'S?
« on: December 21, 2009, 10:25:12 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
After the recent revelation that Tiger has been closely associated with PED'S  , would it really surprise you if Lebron is using too?Rashard Lewis has already been suspended 10 games this year for using a banned substance

I am watching the Cavs VS Suns tonight and Lebron is making the most athletic plays I have ever seen, even for Lebron . Even the announcers mentioned he is now up to 271 LBS more than once tonight, it seemed as they were hinting at something. I have to agree, there has never been a player in league history , that big and that strong to be able to move like that and look like that. Something smells fishy here , especially with that tumor on his jaw earlier this year

EDIT
This article from SI in January of 2009 makes me wonder even more about Lebron and PED'S.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/chris_ballard/01/27/lebron.james/

And just how big is James, exactly? Well, that is a matter of intense speculation around the NBA. He came into the league in 2003 weighing 240 pounds and is listed at 250 in this year's media guide, but that number is clearly low. There are whispers that he goes 265; one report recently had him at 274. "He's at least 260, right?" guessed Jackson, who added that D-ing up James is like "guarding a brick wall."

In an attempt to settle the matter last week I brought a scale to my interview with James at a ballroom in San Francisco's St. Regis Hotel. He laughed, but didn't get on. "I can't let everybody know everything about LeBron," said James, who more than any other star understands the value of mystique. He did joke that he'd "gotten fat" -- this from a man with 5% body fat whose raised veins run like tiny interstates up his arms and calves -- then hemmed and hawed before confiding that he had gained eight pounds this summer "even though I was trying to lose 10." That said, a Cavs source puts James's weight "between 265 and 270
Why would James not allow the public know what he really weighs ? What is he trying to hide? And how do you put on 8 LBS when you are trying to lose 10 LBS?

And then this......

This is sure to exasperate scrawny teenagers toiling in weight rooms the world over, but despite his bodybuilder's physique, James has never really lifted. At least not the way a normal human would to develop such musculature. (Think heavy weight, low reps, lots of grunting and Metallica.)

Rather, James began working out seriously only last June. "He just messed around in the weight room and got by on raw strength his first few years," says Cavs trainer Mike Mancias, who oversees all of James's conditioning work. Even now, James eschews what he calls "iron-man championship lifting," such as the bench press, for core exercises, dumbbells and, starting last summer, yoga -- not that he was an easy convert. "I had to start with poses he wouldn't think were too goofy, if you catch my drift," says Mancias. Still, there was James at a hotel in Los Angeles last summer, busting out some downward dog by the pool in front of his fellow guests.

That James has gained weight is as much a mystery to him as anyone else. He doesn't gulp protein shakes or pound down extra carbs, instead eating three square meals (such as oatmeal, chicken, salmon) prepared by his chef, with the occasional candy snack in between. "It's kind of crazy," James says. "My body's, like, reversed."

A human body doesn't just get that big naturally . He only started working out heavily in the past year? NFL players bust their asses in the gym on a daily bases for years to get a body even somewhat close to that . This article makes me think he is definitely on something...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:08:51 PM by rondohondo »

Re: Would it really surprise you if " King James " is using PED'S?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:41:01 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Honestly, there are maybe only 10% of guys in all of sports where I'd be shocked if they were using steroids or HGH.  That doesn't mean that I think everyone is using; my sense of shock is just gone.

As for Lebron...  who knows?  He's certainly been getting bigger and bigger, and lots of times when you see that much muscle mass being added, it's not natural.  On the other hand, he's always been extraordinarily gifted, and other 6'9" guys have been both muscular and amazing athletes.  With Lebron being one of the best ever, maybe it's not surprising that we're seeing unprecedented things from him.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 10:43:04 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
It would not surprise me if James, Dwight Howard, Kendrick Perkins, Rajon Rondo, or anyone else other than Scal (unless, like me, you consider donuts PED's) were using PED's.  In fact, I would be more surprised if more than half of them were NOT using PED's.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 10:48:51 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
if Brian Roberts was using steroids, then anyone can be using steroids.

I cant imagine how big the fallout would be if Lebron got caught, and you know, as much as I hate the guy, I hope hes not using.  Only because it would really bring the sport down.  Ive lost a lot of love for baseball over the past decade and Id hate to start losing it for basketball.
Greg

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 10:50:58 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I'd like to think he's a natural great. I'd hate him more for hindering the Celtics (although...he's never...actually...beaten us....) if he was cheating to do it. It'd make him even more of a b.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 10:51:44 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I would not be surprised at all ... that said, innocent until proven guilty, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, despite my distaste for him.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 10:52:15 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
also, I dont know a whole lot about golf, so forgive me, but how the hell would PEDs help you in that sport anyway, other than obviously helping out your drive a little.  I mean, golf is a sport more based on mental judgement than physical ability right?  Being able to smack the crap out of the ball with a driver doesnt help you so much when you need to decide what club to use in a situation where you can only use 60% of your full swing
Greg

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 10:54:39 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
also, I dont know a whole lot about golf, so forgive me, but how the hell would PEDs help you in that sport anyway, other than obviously helping out your drive a little.  I mean, golf is a sport more based on mental judgement than physical ability right?  Being able to smack the crap out of the ball with a driver doesnt help you so much when you need to decide what club to use in a situation where you can only use 60% of your full swing

I tend to think the Tiger connection to PEDs is purely speculative at this point, but I do think HGH would help a lot in golf.  One of the reasons Tiger is so great is because he outdrives the competition consistently.  Obviously, his accuracy, his instincts, his clutchness, etc., all make him the guy he is, but if HGH gives a golfer the ability to get 20 extra yards on his swing, that's a big advantage.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 10:58:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
nothing would surprise me with any pro athlete using PED's at this point.
Yup

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 10:58:23 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
He is totally on steroids. It's just a matter of time before he gets caught. My guess is he will finally get caught when Stern steps down and the new commissioner does what's right.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 10:59:10 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

It can also help heal you faster . Tiger was coming back from knee surgery last year I believe. The NBA has 82 games a year, that is a lot of wear and tear on the body and it can help their muscles recover faster. I don't think Lebron is the only one either, but it just looks so obvious with him.

There is big money to make for Lebron and every other player, why wouldn't they do them if they know they can get away with it without any real danger of being out of the league if the get caught . I just think it seems a little weird how major stars in every other sport have been found to be using them and none in the NBA have so far. These are the most athletic men in the world and are getting bigger and bigger.

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 11:05:12 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
Surprise me?....The guy looked 28 when he was a rookie---at least Kobe was a SKINNY player coming out.

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 11:35:26 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
So Lebron is up to Two Hundred and Seventy-One Pounds...I had to type that out to help me digest it..and he's 6'9"..

Wasn't Karl Malone 6'9" and like 270? So let's put this in perspective: Lebron is a cross between Karl Malone and Kobe Bryant...strength and explosiveness.

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 11:38:48 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
and that Tumor that grew on the side of his chin was probably a side effect of the HGH....although I'm no doctor ahem.

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 11:47:27 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
He is totally on steroids. It's just a matter of time before he gets caught. My guess is he will finally get caught when Stern steps down and the new commissioner does what's right.

Who knows if LeBron will even be in the league by the time Stern steps down. I can't imagine David wanting to take any risk of a product he's built for years taking that huge of a hit over night.

LeBron's an icon, and the face of the NBA. No way does he ever get caught doing roids, although I don't think it's hard to believe there's a good chance he's on something.