Author Topic: Brittany Murphy Died  (Read 11853 times)

Re: Brittany Murphy Died
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 07:52:32 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
wow...that just doesnt sound right

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 08:35:33 PM »

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Her husband just said he doesn't want an autopsy performed. Sounds a bit fishy to me.

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 08:37:05 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Her husband just said he doesn't want an autopsy performed. Sounds a bit fishy to me.

I'm assuming it's because he expected something negative killed her (whether it be drugs or an eating disorder), and he doesn't want to harm her image after death.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 08:37:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Somebody of authority should offer him a trade.....autopsy or going through any computer, cell phone, diary, car, bedroom, office, waste basket, etc that he has touched in the last year

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 08:39:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I'm assuming it's because he expected something negative killed her (whether it be drugs or an eating disorder), and he doesn't want to harm her image after death.
As opposed to her now squeaky clean 32 year old-who- mysteriously-died-and-then-the-husband-didn't-want-an-autopsy image?

i don't know...

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 08:40:23 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

As opposed to her now squeaky clean 32 year old-who- mysteriously-died-and-then-the-husband-didn't-want-an-autopsy image?

i don't know...

Would you want it announced to the world that your wife died of a drug overdose?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 08:42:57 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

i don't know...

Would you want it announced to the world that your wife died of a drug overdose?
As opposed to just letting everyone come to their own conclusions and see all sorts of stupid lies printed in tabloids? Maybe.

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 08:44:34 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

i don't know...

What does he expect? We'll all assume that she died of natural causes?

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 08:47:35 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

i don't know...

Look, I don't know what's going through the guy's head although I have to think he has greater insight into this whole saga than the rest of us.  If its drug-related, then I can see where he's coming from.  No need to drag her name through the muck after she passed away. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 08:49:38 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

i don't know...

I think there is a much better chance of this all disappearing from the press, as soon as Tiger's next mistress shows up with pictures of him, if there is no autopsy, and no proof that she died from drugs/etc.  Then, 10 years from now, she is just remembered as a tragic figure who died too young, rather than tragic figure who overdosed.  

It would be one thing if there was any reason to think there was foul play, but that does not seem to be the case.  This is just a husband's try to salvage some shred of dignity at his wifes passing, and trying to prevent it from turning into another TMZ funeral.

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 08:54:54 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

i don't know...

Look, I don't know what's going through the guy's head although I have to think he has greater insight into this whole saga than the rest of us.  If its drug-related, then I can see where he's coming from.  No need to drag her name through the muck after she passed away. 

I can see what you're saying, and I can sympathize with the husband.

Beyond that though I think anything beyond "Sad outcome for a talented girl" is just kinda wasting your breath.

I mean it's pretty obvious this wasn't exactly a wholesome story at the end. Getting the details on that, finding out the exact cause of death (assuming there was no wrong doing)...it just seems tawdry.

I really really hate celebrity culture in our world right now. Who cares about Tiger Woods?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2009, 08:59:19 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Getting the details on that, finding out the exact cause of death (assuming there was no wrong doing)...it just seems tawdry.

I really really hate celebrity culture in our world right now. Who cares about Tiger Woods?

TP.  I agree with you 100%.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 09:09:42 PM »

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Sounds like her husband has had a few run ins with the law.

From US Weekly:

Brittany Murphy and Factory Girl executive producer and writer Simon Monjack shocked friends and family in April by marrying after only four months of dating. The couple skipped the proposal and honeymoon, exchanging Neil Lane rings in a private L.A. home with only their families present.

But now Murphy’s inner circle is growing concerned about her new man’s history before he swept Murphy, 29, off her feet.

Among his troubles: two warrants for his arrest in Virginia for alleged credit-card theft and fraud; an unpaid $6,087 legal bill, and a $502,910 judgment against him by a British investment firm.

And Us Weekly reports in its new issue that Monjack gave his former fiancée, British film producer Taira Rafiq, an engagement ring he had told her was a diamond but was, in fact, cubic zirconia. “Taira tried to get in touch with Brittany to warn her,” a Rafiq pal tells Us.

He also was jailed earlier this year for overstaying his tourist visa, and Murphy, 29, had to bail him out. “Simon began pushing for marriage, since he was going to be deported,” says a source, adding that Murphy paid for her own engagement ring.

Monjack tells Us, “It is a real tragedy that success, greed, envy and celebrity are the motivation for attacking my family and character.”

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 09:09:58 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
This is just me, but it seems like often celebs do better in death

Kurt Cobain went from popular to rock god

Heath Ledger went from good actor to one of the best of our time

Michael Jackson went from talented punch line to tragic hero with a troubled life

I could see this girl going from cute b-lister to under appreciated non sell out who had talent as opposed to all the girls of her era who didn't

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2009, 09:22:06 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
This is just me, but it seems like often celebs do better in death

Kurt Cobain went from popular to rock god

Heath Ledger went from good actor to one of the best of our time

Michael Jackson went from talented punch line to tragic hero with a troubled life

I could see this girl going from cute b-lister to under appreciated non sell out who had talent as opposed to all the girls of her era who didn't

Heath Ledger I will never buy as one of the best of our time. I loved him as the Joker, but come on. 2 good movies?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner