Author Topic: How you doin'!?  (Read 75100 times)

Re: How you doin'!?
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2009, 06:01:06 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm feeling impatient.  I'm opening a law practice in March, and in the meantime, I'm just counting the days.  It was supposed to be January 1, but my business "partner" backed out at the last minute, meaning I was delayed.

In other news, I'm ready to make the plunge with my g/f.  I bought her a ring, and will be popping the question in the near future.

So, as you can imagine, lots of emotions going on there, but they're good ones (other than my feeling of utter contempt for the weasel who backed out on me. ;))

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2009, 06:05:27 PM »

Kiorrik

I'm feeling impatient.  I'm opening a law practice in March, and in the meantime, I'm just counting the days.  It was supposed to be January 1, but my business "partner" backed out at the last minute, meaning I was delayed.

In other news, I'm ready to make the plunge with my g/f.  I bought her a ring, and will be popping the question in the near future.

So, as you can imagine, lots of emotions going on there, but they're good ones (other than my feeling of utter contempt for the weasel who backed out on me. ;))

That's absolutely awesome Roy. Really, I'm very happy for the both of ya :)

Here's a TP to hoping it's a "yes" ;)

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2009, 06:07:18 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Thanks, my friend.  I'm hoping a yes is a sure thing, but we will see.  I can't let anybody publicly know about my plan for proposing, since I think she may be a lurker here, but I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i am feeling hopeful that next year will be easier on my family....

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2009, 06:10:22 PM »

Offline cargomaniac

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • It is time for 18
Great News Roy!!! Here hoping for yes! As the the delayed
opening....dont sweat it. At least you didnt find out how bad they were several years down the road. It is worse...trust me.

Nothing like paying for something that you had freely given. It leaves a truly vile taste in your mouth!!!

Good luck with the new situation for work and we are pulling for you....

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2009, 06:18:34 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Thanks, my friend.  I'm hoping a yes is a sure thing, but we will see.  I can't let anybody publicly know about my plan for proposing, since I think she may be a lurker here, but I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Wish the best for you, Roy Hobbs. I remember taking the plunge over 12 years ago now. Had to run around and get permission from her mother and the whole nine, truly old school.

Was worth it, though. Been a an awesome 12+ years. We've had ups and downs and many a deployment, but still happy together. She is my friend, and that really helps. Our best years are in front of us now since I retired from service.

God's been faithful and good through it all.

Again wish you and yours the best!

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2009, 06:28:04 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Thanks, guys.  I got permission of her father over Thanksgiving, which was probably the hardest part of the entire process.  I've known she was "the one" for awhile now, and the time is right.

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2009, 07:08:45 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Thanks, guys.  I got permission of her father over Thanksgiving, which was probably the hardest part of the entire process.  I've known she was "the one" for awhile now, and the time is right.

I can read between the lines Roy. You are obviously a man that is sick of having time to devote to the blog and must be tired of having "realtions". It was nice talking to you and you will be forever missed.

But seriously, I wish you the best of luck in your marriage and business. But don't let redz stand up and wear that clown outfit instead of a tux to the wedding. Sometimes you have to compromise to make things work.

Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2009, 07:38:40 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
Congratulations Roy :].
As for me, I'm under a lot of pressure with college apps (they should have been out the door weeks ago), getting a job to help pay for school, and dealing with the chemical imbalances of being a teenager.

Haha, I don't have it that bad, but in my one-dimensional teenage mind I'm scared as hell about my future.
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2009, 07:50:15 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

well it wont be that much of a surprise if she reads the blog
 ::)

;D

Go Hobbsy!!!!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2009, 08:01:16 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

well it wont be that much of a surprise if she reads the blog
 ::)

;D

Go Hobbsy!!!!

Haha great point  from Edgar, you maybe have fired your cover by posting about your plan on the boards. ;D

Anyway, it's great for you and I'm sure it will be a yes. It must be cool to wait to make the proposal, good luck to you and congrats!

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2009, 08:40:47 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1671
So it's 8:30 in the morning, and I'm still up from last night.  I'm plugging away at a final paper which is due in about 5 hours.  And by 'plugging away at a final paper', I mean 'alternating between reading CelticsBlog and playing Chess on my iPhone against a useless AI which still manages to beat me occasionally because I suck at Chess and wouldn't be playing it if I didn't have a paper due in 5 hours'.  Paper sucks, I have no idea what I'm talking about but I'm trying to act like I do.  That backfires sometimes.  Hopefully this isn't one of those times.

Luckily, it's finals week and I don't have anything else until Friday, and once I turn this in I can come back and sleeeeeeep.... then probably go chill with a buddy and a beer for the rest of the night.  And by 'a beer', I most likely mean 'beers'. 

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2009, 08:42:39 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Awesome news, Roy ... really happy for all the positive changes in your not-too-distant future. Success never comes without taking chances, and I'm sure your new road will lead to many blessings.

As you know I'm recently engaged, too ... she's Filipina so I had to do things very slowly, get permission to court, ask the family for her hand, all the old-fashioned stuff, which I like anyway ... so I know a bit where you're at.

It's funny, but I had given up on ever finding my "soul-mate", and when I met her, love and romance seemed the furthest thing from my mind, and my situation. It's different for disfferent people, of course, but I've found that sometimes when I let go of trying to make things happen, is just the time God makes them happen afterall.

Anyway ... I wish you the best of everything in your new ventures, and I will pray that God blesses all of them. My new venture, (with my fiance'), starts in the spring as well, so I hope we're both celebrating with banner 18! Wish I'd known you were getting engaged ... I buy diamonds wholesale. ;)

All the best, Roy ... truly.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2009, 08:09:16 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Perplexed ... and a bit discouraged. Peace on Earth, goodwill toward men.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2009, 08:11:44 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Thanks guys, and congrats on your own engagement, Bahku (in case I hadn't mentioned that previously).  Is there a wedding date set yet?