Author Topic: How you doin'!?  (Read 75162 times)

Re: How you doin'!?
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 04:18:57 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This will have to wait a bit I guess. My Iphone is being a naste lil c to the "you and tee". (decipher that and win a TP :p)

I'll have to download it from that thing after I've put all the music I have on this laptop, or else I'll lose every single music file that's on there right now. Crappy software. If someone has a program to download every file on your Iphone to your PC, I'd like to hear >_<

Anytime, man ... just keep pluggin' away. I'm constantly doing finger exercises and scales while I sit watching a game or movie ... the advantage of doing it on an electric is that if it's not plugged into the amp, it's still loud enough for me to hear, but I can still hear the TV and it doesn't bother anyone else.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 04:21:03 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This will have to wait a bit I guess. My Iphone is being a naste lil c to the "you and tee". (decipher that and win a TP :p)

I'll have to download it from that thing after I've put all the music I have on this laptop, or else I'll lose every single music file that's on there right now. Crappy software. If someone has a program to download every file on your Iphone to your PC, I'd like to hear >_<

Gotcha ... that would be George Carlin's 3rd word you "can't say on TV" (I think) ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 04:26:04 PM »

Kiorrik

Gotcha ... that would be George Carlin's 3rd word you "can't say on TV" (I think) ;)
It's on the list, dunno if it's number 3 but I'll grant you the TP ;)

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2009, 04:29:49 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Oh, joy! It's snowing again ... the icy kind ... whoopee!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2009, 05:13:15 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
The weather sucks, final exams suck, but, I have Andre Johnson and Brandon Marshall on my fantasy team in week 1 of the playoffs in my money league.  Chyeaaaa.
do it

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2009, 05:36:40 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Oh, joy! It's snowing again ... the icy kind ... whoopee!

Now it's snow mixed with sleet ... even better.  :P

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2009, 05:48:53 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I meant to make another suggestion, K ... I'm not sure what guage strings you're using, but my acoustics are strung with extra lights ... I do it for the brighter stage sound, as I'm always running direct through a PA, plus I do a lot of string bending, even on acoustic. But it's also easier on the fingers, and improves the action, especially if you're starting to learn bar chords. Just an idea. (The strings on my Ovation are extra light, or the high E being .009 ... I love the extra flexibility).

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2009, 07:54:39 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Don't know if this a a good suggestion or not, because you will have to learn them sooner or later, but if you are a basic beginner and are trying to teach yourself, you might leave the bar chords at least until you fingers are toughened.  Learn some of the easier chords and try to switch back and forth  using some basic strum until it feel comfortable and sounds good...some songs you can sing along to.  Bar chords, if not held tight, can make the awful sound of dead strings...don't know how to explain it, but no doubt you have heard it, lol .  Like I said, I wasn't even what you could call proficient, but with just a few chords you can get through a song, adding variety and difficulty as you learn.  What kind of music are you hoping to get into?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2009, 03:38:46 AM »

Kiorrik

Don't know if this a a good suggestion or not, because you will have to learn them sooner or later, but if you are a basic beginner and are trying to teach yourself, you might leave the bar chords at least until you fingers are toughened.  Learn some of the easier chords and try to switch back and forth  using some basic strum until it feel comfortable and sounds good...some songs you can sing along to.  Bar chords, if not held tight, can make the awful sound of dead strings...don't know how to explain it, but no doubt you have heard it, lol .  Like I said, I wasn't even what you could call proficient, but with just a few chords you can get through a song, adding variety and difficulty as you learn.  What kind of music are you hoping to get into?
I'm not aiming toward any type of music, as much as I am aiming to learn to master this instrument, for the fun of jamming a bit every now and then.

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2009, 03:44:03 AM »

Kiorrik

Just woke up, today is a harsh day. Going to be a long one too, since tonight is Celtic night again. Gonna have to go to sleep right after work. Meh. Sometimes, it's hard ;)

Other than that, back at work and loving it. Lots to do.

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2009, 09:16:11 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I am getting out of a SUPER flu.
that keeps me all weekend wasted.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2009, 10:16:36 AM »

Offline cargomaniac

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • It is time for 18
Guys...just got back from the Netherlands. Awesome place and great people. I was in Rotterdam for the last three days at
my companys Christmas party...and they know how to have a good time. My sleep however, is history. I did catch the games
(okay, I recorded them both), when did Rondo decide to shoot
jumpers?

If you get a chance....go to the Netherlands. I promise you will not be disappointed.

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2009, 10:19:55 AM »

Kiorrik

Guys...just got back from the Netherlands. Awesome place and great people. I was in Rotterdam for the last three days at
my companys Christmas party...and they know how to have a good time. My sleep however, is history. I did catch the games
(okay, I recorded them both), when did Rondo decide to shoot
jumpers?

If you get a chance....go to the Netherlands. I promise you will not be disappointed.
Trying to get away from the Netherlands at the moment, honestly :P After living there for 27 years, it's just a cold, wet place.

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2009, 11:51:45 AM »

Offline cargomaniac

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • It is time for 18
"Trying to get away from the Netherlands at the moment, honestly  After living there for 27 years, it's just a cold, wet place."

I understand that. I lived in Miami for many years. Great place
for friends and to have fun...but to work and live. Impossible.

Get some sleep and enjoy the game tonight.

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2009, 02:27:53 PM »

Kiorrik

"Trying to get away from the Netherlands at the moment, honestly  After living there for 27 years, it's just a cold, wet place."

I understand that. I lived in Miami for many years. Great place
for friends and to have fun...but to work and live. Impossible.

Get some sleep and enjoy the game tonight.
Thanks man :] Will do!