Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 953549 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #1020 on: March 20, 2011, 04:57:51 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Social Network.
Awesome movie, very well done.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #1021 on: March 20, 2011, 08:19:50 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Finally saw The Fighter. I didn't know it was possible to paint Lowell in a worse light than it actually is. Good flick, and the boxing scenes were like watching an ESPN documentary. Mark Wahlberg is how old?? He is jaaaaacked in this movie...

« Reply #1022 on: March 21, 2011, 04:30:09 AM »

Offline mzepol

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
The Vanishing:  1988 Dutch thriller, devoid of violence, yet still shocking, and diabolically fascinating.

Spoorloos was a very underrated thriller. TP.

« Reply #1023 on: March 21, 2011, 05:19:54 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Watched Fair Game (Naomi Watts and Sean Penn), a drama relating to the early days of the Iraqi war (sans the violence). Good Movie IMHO
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #1024 on: March 21, 2011, 06:08:09 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
"Lawrence of Arabia" ... superb, as always, (but don't bother if it's not the widescreen version ... the incredible cinematography is a huge part of the impact of the film, and this is one movie that would not survive "pan and scan").
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #1025 on: March 21, 2011, 07:26:00 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
"Lawrence of Arabia" ... superb, as always, (but don't bother if it's not the widescreen version ... the incredible cinematography is a huge part of the impact of the film, and this is one movie that would not survive "pan and scan").

Bahku --it's been a while & I thought about re-watching "Larry of Arabia"  looking beyond the magnificent classic film for insight into Egypt, Libya etc--is there relevance to current world events? 
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #1026 on: March 21, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
I saw the Adjustment Bureau last Thursday on St. Patty's in celebration of landing a new job  :)

The film (which opened March 4th, 2011) is based on a short story written by late science fiction author Philip K. Dick called 'Adjustment Team', though the screenplay is almost completely different from the text.

I've read some books by P. K. Dick before, and I've also seen a few other movies that are adaptations of his works (Blade Runner (1982), Total Recall (1990), and Minority Report (2002)) and I have to say that I enjoyed watching the Adjustment Bureau. I thought that Matt Damon did a great job portraying David Norris (originally Ed Fletcher, in 'Adjustment Team') and the on-screen pairing with Emily Blunt's character Elise Sellas added a romantic element to the film in contrast with the mysterious organization working behind the scenes trying to separate the two.

I have to admit that since I saw the film on St. Patty's day I was kinda drunk by the time I made it to the theaters as I caught the latest showing that night, however it wasn't very difficult to follow intellectually as the film was presented in a straightforward manner. I had read a few movie reviews before going so I kinda knew what to expect, however I still found the film enjoyable.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/adjustment_bureau/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:14:50 PM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #1027 on: March 21, 2011, 10:43:28 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Well, I was wearing black leather lingerie and heavy eyeliner...but that's just my normal saturday night.

Yeah, I don't want to sit by you anymore if there's ever a Celticsblog members get to getther.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 11:19:10 AM by IndeedProceed »

« Reply #1028 on: March 21, 2011, 11:14:05 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Saw Rango and Paul this weekend.  Both enjoyable tributes to their respective topic genres.

I really can't wait to see both movies. Next paycheck maybe I'll take the ball and chain to a double feature.

I just showed her Rockey Horror Picture Show last night too...she was bored after the first 10 mins, then confused after the first 20 mins, and loved it after half an hour.

The comment I loved best from her (right after Dr Frank-N-Furter sings "Sweet Transvestite") was "Hey, isn't this movie a little...gay for you?". I looked at her and go "Nah, Meat Loaf is in it."
You mean the two of you were not  "in costume"?  That movie used to be a cult classic where everyone went as their favorite character and acted the parts in the audience,  right along with the movie...don't know if that is still going on.  Fun.

Well, I was wearing black leather lingerie and heavy eyeliner...but that's just my normal saturday night.

Does give "IndeedProceed" a new meaning :-*
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #1029 on: March 21, 2011, 11:17:34 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

[/quote]

Yeah, I don't want to sit by you anymore if there's ever a Celticsblog members get to getther.  ;D
[/quote]The important part is to have the get together on Saturday night

« Reply #1030 on: March 21, 2011, 11:27:09 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Yeah, I don't want to sit by you anymore if there's ever a Celticsblog members get to getther.  ;D
The important part is to have the get together on Saturday night

I can see you all shaking with antici.......

..pation.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #1031 on: March 21, 2011, 11:43:31 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This weekend was 90's infused for me. Desperado and Cool Runnings were both revisited.

« Reply #1032 on: March 21, 2011, 01:53:11 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Megamind...very good movie. Enjoyed it.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #1033 on: March 21, 2011, 02:50:30 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Lion King

« Reply #1034 on: March 21, 2011, 03:34:14 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Chloe

I can't decide between 6/10 or 7/10 so I'll say 6.5/10.

Interesting sexually charged drama about a woman who suspects her husband is cheating on her and decides to hire a prostitute to try to seduce him. I don't want to give away too much of the plot but there are some twists... I kind of saw them coming though. Good symbolism throughout the movie especially the last 5 minutes. Good acting from the 4 main characters (Julianne Moore, Liam Neeson, Amanda Seyfried, and Max Thieriot). The ending seemed rushed and some a couple of plot points that were supposed to be twists were a tad bit predictable. It was good to watch but I wouldn't purchase it to own.