Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948932 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #1005 on: March 13, 2011, 01:20:06 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I've watched Black Swan twice in the last three days. Once by myself and once with the girlfriend. Solid movie. Also, I watched District 9 a couple days ago as well. D9 is one of those movies where it's exponentially better the second time you see it.

Yeah, I liked D9 better the second time as well ... the first time was a bit emotionally tasking ... they spend all this time making you feel that the aliens are repulsive, then want you to feel sympathy for them ... the moral ambiguity almost doesn't work, but if you watch it more than once especially, it's easier to absorb that difficult transition. Great acting by a relative unknown, Sharlto Coply, and like "Moon", they did a great job staying within a limited Indie budget.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #1006 on: March 13, 2011, 01:29:50 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
I recently watched the Fighter. It was well made but I wasn't too impressed by the ending... quite predictable and I wasn't excited by any particular part of it. Christian bale was so different in this movie, it was unbelievable to think he is batman.

I also watched the green hornet. If you look at it as a comedy rather than a serious super hero movie, it was quite good. I was definitely entertained. It wasn't brillant though. The plot seemed kind of ridiculous at times.

I watched Easy A a couple weeks back too. I actually really liked that movie. It wasn't the chick flick I thought it was going to be, and the main character is hot... I was definitely a feel good movie and I would highly recommend it.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #1007 on: March 13, 2011, 03:41:06 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I recently watched the Fighter. It was well made but I wasn't too impressed by the ending... quite predictable and I wasn't excited by any particular part of it. Christian bale was so different in this movie, it was unbelievable to think he is batman.

I also watched the green hornet. If you look at it as a comedy rather than a serious super hero movie, it was quite good. I was definitely entertained. It wasn't brillant though. The plot seemed kind of ridiculous at times.

I watched Easy A a couple weeks back too. I actually really liked that movie. It wasn't the chick flick I thought it was going to be, and the main character is hot... I was definitely a feel good movie and I would highly recommend it.

Easy A was great not a chick flick at all, imo.

« Reply #1008 on: March 14, 2011, 09:45:59 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
The Town.

I liked it a lot.  Thought the ending was well done (in contrast, many endings that I've seen to movies recently have really let me down).

Also fun to see shots of Boston (especially since I no longer live in Boston -- but maybe I'm just a nostalgic old sap!)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #1009 on: March 14, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
The Fighter, 2 good things about this movie, in this order.

1. Amy Adams in her underwear
2. Bale's acting

Also, Marky Mark didn't screw it up to much.

« Reply #1010 on: March 14, 2011, 10:00:30 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Watched the social network this weekend, I know they were intentionally using dim lighting but I found it pretty distracting.  The story was actually pretty cool, went in with low expectations and i enjoyed it.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #1011 on: March 14, 2011, 10:04:49 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Watched the social network this weekend, I know they were intentionally using dim lighting but I found it pretty distracting.  The story was actually pretty cool, went in with low expectations and i enjoyed it.

Never go to a Fincher movie with low expectations, might be the best director in Hollywood.

« Reply #1012 on: March 20, 2011, 01:22:26 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77
The Vanishing:  1988 Dutch thriller, devoid of violence, yet still shocking, and diabolically fascinating.

« Reply #1013 on: March 20, 2011, 01:34:07 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Tangled-basically old school Disney but good.

Key Largo-Not bad but Boggie has done better.

« Reply #1014 on: March 20, 2011, 02:11:39 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Saw Rango and Paul this weekend.  Both enjoyable tributes to their respective topic genres.
Yup

« Reply #1015 on: March 20, 2011, 02:56:35 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
marathon at the rodriguez

1) last air bender was the first one, as dark lord pointed once here is good, more I consider it a very faithfull tribute to the animated series, thats by itself strange this days.
But it was certanly a nice way to spend an afternoon if you like anime and fantasy movies.
Hope they actually do the whole books.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #1016 on: March 20, 2011, 03:04:21 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Saw Rango and Paul this weekend.  Both enjoyable tributes to their respective topic genres.

I really can't wait to see both movies. Next paycheck maybe I'll take the ball and chain to a double feature.

I just showed her Rockey Horror Picture Show last night too...she was bored after the first 10 mins, then confused after the first 20 mins, and loved it after half an hour.

The comment I loved best from her (right after Dr Frank-N-Furter sings "Sweet Transvestite") was "Hey, isn't this movie a little...gay for you?". I looked at her and go "Nah, Meat Loaf is in it."

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #1017 on: March 20, 2011, 03:14:02 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

I really can't wait to see both movies. Next paycheck maybe I'll take the ball and chain to a double feature.

I just showed her Rockey Horror Picture Show last night too...she was bored after the first 10 mins, then confused after the first 20 mins, and loved it after half an hour.

The comment I loved best from her (right after Dr Frank-N-Furter sings "Sweet Transvestite") was "Hey, isn't this movie a little...gay for you?". I looked at her and go "Nah, Meat Loaf is in it."
You mean the two of you were not  "in costume"?  That movie used to be a cult classic where everyone went as their favorite character and acted the parts in the audience,  right along with the movie...don't know if that is still going on.  Fun.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #1018 on: March 20, 2011, 03:31:18 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

You mean the two of you were not  "in costume"?  That movie used to be a cult classic where everyone went as their favorite character and acted the parts in the audience,  right along with the movie...don't know if that is still going on.  Fun.

Well, I was wearing black leather lingerie and heavy eyeliner...but that's just my normal saturday night.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #1019 on: March 20, 2011, 04:04:54 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

Well, I was wearing black leather lingerie and heavy eyeliner...but that's just my normal saturday night.
That should have given her a clue that the movie was not too gay for you....
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!