Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948501 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #960 on: February 22, 2011, 01:20:49 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The Count of Monte Cristo... What an incredible movie, highly recommended to all.

Awesome flick ... and timeless, (I assume you mean the Jim Caviezel version? There are 11 film versions). My sister actually went to the Chateau D'lf last summer ... pretty cool.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #961 on: February 22, 2011, 01:24:31 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I saw "Faster" (revenge flick about the Rock..kinda like Man on Fire, but not as good) and "The Mechanic".

Both movies I really enjoyed the ride, and yet found them kind of unsatisfying 5 mins after when you stop and think about them.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #962 on: February 22, 2011, 07:11:11 AM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Just watched The Ghost Writer.

I was hesitant about it at first.  I thought it would be slow and the political undertones easily guessed.  Having said that, I must admit the movie was a pretty good one.  It really pulled me in and I found it to be an absolutely gripping.

The other night, at my wife's suggestion, we watched Casablanca.  I will admit that was the first time I have ever watched it.  That movie really is a gem, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

« Reply #963 on: February 22, 2011, 09:27:38 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
I saw "Faster" (revenge flick about the Rock..kinda like Man on Fire, but not as good) and "The Mechanic".

Both movies I really enjoyed the ride, and yet found them kind of unsatisfying 5 mins after when you stop and think about them.
"Faster" was pretty predictable and the ride wasn't that fun.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #964 on: February 22, 2011, 09:30:13 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

"Faster" was pretty predictable and the ride wasn't that fun.

I didn't think it was that predictable..I just wish they would've gone more into the Rock's transformation from confused '20-something' (that looks 34, even though he's wearing a hat so he must be young) to complete death machine.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #965 on: February 22, 2011, 09:30:56 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The Count of Monte Cristo... What an incredible movie, highly recommended to all.

Awesome flick ... and timeless, (I assume you mean the Jim Caviezel version? There are 11 film versions). My sister actually went to the Chateau D'lf last summer ... pretty cool.

Yes the Caviezel version. And timeless is right, its an incredible story that could be adapted to any era, however this version was done near perfectly.

« Reply #966 on: February 22, 2011, 09:55:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Just saw the Eagle. 

It was so incredibly bad that it.....it was worse than Avatar.  If it was a human being it would be Ben Rothlisburger.

I just don't think American film makers can make good films any more. So many young directors grew up on so much violence, that's all they think there is.  Just an insulting film for dead beat dads and violence addicts.

« Reply #967 on: February 22, 2011, 09:56:12 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
The Caveziel version of the Count of Monte Cristo is really good.

My last one was Conan the Barbarian.

« Reply #968 on: February 22, 2011, 09:57:44 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders

I was hesitant about it at first.  I thought it would be slow and the political undertones easily guessed.  Having said that, I must admit the movie was a pretty good one.  It really pulled me in and I found it to be an absolutely gripping.

The other night, at my wife's suggestion, we watched Casablanca.  I will admit that was the first time I have ever watched it.  That movie really is a gem, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

Liked both and actually saw Casablanca for the first time recently too and you're right its a gem. If you want another older gem to watch with your wife try the Philadelphia Story or The Shop Around the Corner.

« Reply #969 on: February 22, 2011, 09:59:40 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
Just saw the Eagle. 

It was so incredibly bad that it.....it was worse than Avatar.  If it was a human being it would be Ben Rothlisburger.

I just don't think American film makers can make good films any more. So many young directors grew up on so much violence, that's all they think there is.  Just an insulting film for dead beat dads and violence addicts.

Channing Tatum being in was the clincher for me not to see it. Why he gets jobs is beyond me.

« Reply #970 on: February 22, 2011, 10:07:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Just saw the Eagle. 

Channing Tatum being in was the clincher for me not to see it. Why he gets jobs is beyond me.
According to wiki this happened during filming to him.  I don't feel even a teeny tiny bit sorry for him. I'm still trying to get over the desire to vomit from this film

Tatum suffered a burn injury from an accident while filming The Eagle of the Ninth in Scotland. A crew member poured boiling water down Tatum's wetsuit, having forgotten to dilute the boiling water with cold river water, a technique used to keep actors warm during the shooting of a river-scene. Tatum attempted to pull the wetsuit away from his body, but the water poured down into the crotch of his wetsuit and severely burned his penis. Tatum reported the boiling water "pretty much burned the skin off the head of Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline." and that "it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life." However, Tatum reports that "Now my penis is fantastic! One hundred percent recovered

« Reply #971 on: February 23, 2011, 12:11:06 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Saw VII 6/10

- Ehh... Hopefully that's the last one. I still stand by my belief that the first one was a good movie and the second and third installments were fairly good. IV and V were awful. VI tied up a lot of loopholes so I liked it and it set up for Saw VII to be really good, but it wasn't as good as it should have been. It was okay... it kept me entertained but it was fairly anticlimactic for what was supposedly the series finale. It was also incredibly gory. I have never complained about gore from any of the Saw movies or any movie for that matter, but this movie was just a tad over the top.

Toy Story 3 9/10

- I actually think I may have liked this more than the original Toy Story but I'm not sure I may need to rewatch the original. I definitely liked it more than Toy Story 2. The creators needed to do something to reach adults, kids (Who are not emotionally attached to the characters, as they didn't grow up with them), and teenagers - college aged students (like myself) who were kids when 1 and 2 came out. I think this movie would do a good job of entertaining all of those groups. The movie was actually really funny, not funny for a kid's movie or funny for an animated movie, but it was genuinely funny.

« Reply #972 on: February 23, 2011, 08:38:08 AM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108

Liked both and actually saw Casablanca for the first time recently too and you're right its a gem. If you want another older gem to watch with your wife try the Philadelphia Story or The Shop Around the Corner.

Thanks, we'll check them out.

« Reply #973 on: February 23, 2011, 09:10:23 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Despicable Me.
Liked it!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #974 on: February 23, 2011, 09:12:35 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
'Piranha' (2010) and it was incredible. If you wanted to see the movie, it's everything you could've possibly hoped for and more.