Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948671 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #945 on: February 13, 2011, 01:39:01 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
The Godfather...a true masterpiece...never get tired of watching it.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #946 on: February 13, 2011, 01:46:56 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Superb movie, the entire Epic as well ... some people don't care for the sequels, but I loved them, watching the progression of Michael's struggle with good/evil and his attempts to go legit, (until it finally takes his most prized possession from him). Great movies, (especially period pieces), never get "old". The Godfather will always be on my Top 20 list.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #947 on: February 13, 2011, 01:50:15 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

Superb movie, the entire Epic as well ... some people don't care for the sequels, but I loved them, watching the progression of Michael's struggle with good/evil and his attempts to go legit, (until it finally takes his most prized possession from him). Great movies, (especially period pieces), never get "old". The Godfather will always be on my Top 20 list.

+1.

I love all of them...the second slightly less the other two though...but only by a bit. The first one is hands down the best of the lot.

« Reply #948 on: February 13, 2011, 02:04:00 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

+1.

I love all of them...the second slightly less the other two though...but only by a bit. The first one is hands down the best of the lot.

Bizarre ... it's on AMC right now, ("Twilight Zone" music starts). ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #949 on: February 13, 2011, 02:12:38 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

+1.

LOL....TP.

They've been replaying it since 5 pm, I think.

« Reply #950 on: February 13, 2011, 08:41:28 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!

+1.

LOL....TP.

They've been replaying it since 5 pm, I think.

brando lookin at sonny riddled body on the table

"look what they did to my boy"

classic scene for me

« Reply #951 on: February 13, 2011, 10:39:14 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Just re-watched "GANDHI" decided I should from what just transpired in Egypt and inspired by Barefacedmonk's Gandhi quote.

Just a magnificent movie, huge, great acting, history, justice, freedom, wit and parallels in so many ways to current events in Egypt, and what Egypt faces in forming a new government.  Absolutely must be watched again and shared with older children.

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this walked the earth in flesh and blood."
                                           Albert Einstein

TP...Mahatma Gandhi was a remarkable human being. Read his autobiography, The Story of my Experiments with Truth, if you get a chance. Excellent read...very meaningful and educational.

Went through a phase in the 1970's where I read as much about and by the Mahatma as I could find --it may be a time in history to re-visit some of those readings.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:25:09 PM by feckless »
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #952 on: February 13, 2011, 10:50:24 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Just re-watched "GANDHI" decided I should from what just transpired in Egypt and inspired by Barefacedmonk's Gandhi quote.

Just a magnificent movie, huge, great acting, history, justice, freedom, wit and parallels in so many ways to current events in Egypt, and what Egypt faces in forming a new government.  Absolutely must be watched again and shared with older children.

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this walked the earth in flesh and blood."
                                           Albert Einstein

TP...Mahatma Gandhi was a remarkable human being. Read his autobiography, The Story of my Experiments with Truth, if you get a chance. Excellent read...very meaningful and educational.

Went through a phase in the 1970's where I read as much about and by the Mahatma as I could find --it may be a time in history to re-visit some those readings.
As I got consumed by the uprising in Egypt, I thought of Gandhi often....TPs on this!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #953 on: February 13, 2011, 09:08:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Gnomeo & Juliet (in 3D  ;D )

It was pretty cute.  If you're a fan of old school Elton John the soundtrack was worth listening to.
Yup

« Reply #954 on: February 15, 2011, 07:37:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The King's Speech was all it's cracked up to be.
Yup

« Reply #955 on: February 15, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
The Other Guys with Will Ferrel and Mark Whalberg

Freakin Hilarious. I really 2nd guessed it b/c it was rated PG13, just like Grownups, which I thought was a bust

But this movie did solidify my argument that Will Ferrel makes anything he's in funny as hell. Blades of Glory was iffy...
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #956 on: February 15, 2011, 09:56:40 PM »

Offline mzepol

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56

Freakin Hilarious. I really 2nd guessed it b/c it was rated PG13, just like Grownups, which I thought was a bust

But this movie did solidify my argument that Will Ferrel makes anything he's in funny as hell. Blades of Glory was iffy...

Just saw this a couple of days ago too. Cracked me up. Loved the silent fight scene and the cameos.

« Reply #957 on: February 15, 2011, 10:07:46 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

One of the best lines in the movie was: "You learned to dance like that sarcastically?" ...lol.

« Reply #958 on: February 21, 2011, 11:31:31 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Went out to see Black Swan tonight.  I thought it started out kind of slow...I didn't get it...almost walked out in a couple of  scenes, (I thought it was turning into a borderline ****o flick) but hung in there.  My husband was bored, laughed in a couple quesitonable moments, and in general was a thorn in my side! Really not his kind of movie...and I don't think it is mine, either.  Glad I saw it though.  Weird, strange, different.  I'm still not sure how I feel about it, but I wouldn't go so far as to recommend it.  Natalie Portman gave  a powerful acting performance, though.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #959 on: February 21, 2011, 11:56:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The Count of Monte Cristo... What an incredible movie, highly recommended to all.