Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 953552 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #855 on: January 11, 2011, 03:35:08 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
"Rosewood".  Saw it on tv last night.  It was one of the hardest movies I have ever watched and I was deeply affected by it.  I can't critique it now...it is too fresh. 

is that the one with Cher?
Yup

« Reply #856 on: January 11, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
"Rosewood".  Saw it on tv last night.  It was one of the hardest movies I have ever watched and I was deeply affected by it.  I can't critique it now...it is too fresh. 

is that the one with Cher?

or was that Silkwood?
Yup

« Reply #857 on: January 11, 2011, 03:51:40 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
the last movie i didnt watch again  was open water
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #858 on: January 11, 2011, 06:24:05 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
a little background:  True story, Rosewood was a town in Florida (black/segregated) where a white woman lied about being beaten by a black man and the white population (crackers and KKK vigilantes) went on a rampage and wiped the town off the map, lynching the whole black population, and burning homes, the school and the church.  John Voigt was in it and I though the acting was terrific.  I think only about 30 people got out alive.  Florida voted the survivors restitution in 1994.   I looked it up yesterday, and that is what I remember...or misremember...about what happened.  Great movie about a terrible time in our history.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #859 on: January 11, 2011, 07:04:07 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Seven Pounds

I am supposed to be a drama-hater and I can only think of 2-3 drama movies that I watched and actually liked! I didnt know that the movies was a drama in the first place, it was just a friend's suggestion!
well, the movie was much better than I expected(and I expect a lot from every movie Will Smith plays in) and, in fact, I was also very moved by the ending scenes especially, which was quite surprising for my standards I can tell you!
Not much more to say, I just think that, even if you dont like dramas, you're gonna like this one! Great movie and great acting by Will Smith and Rosario Dawson... 8.5/10 for me!! ;)
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #860 on: January 13, 2011, 12:31:35 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I just finished watching "Exit Through the Gift Shop". I'm probably going to watch it a couple more times in the next few days. Like "Catfish", people are still debating whether it is a documentary or as mockumentary. I currently have no opinion on that topic. If it is a documentary it is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen... right up there with "Woodstock" and "The Cove". If it is a mockumentary I applaud everybody responsible for being able to keep the secret under wraps unlike Casey Affleck spilling the beans on "I'm Still Here" before the film was even released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0b90YppquE

This 5 minute video shows just how intriguing this film really is. "Exit Through the Gift Shop" teaches you a lot about street art, mental illness, sociology and anthropology, and the true value of art. If "Mr. Brainwash" is a real artist then his success came about probably quicker than any other artist... ever. If "Mr. Brainwash" is a fabrication created by the mind of Banksy, then everybody who fell for the joke and purchased MBW art looks foolish and Banksy would thus be a genius. Give it a watch... I'd love to get some other opinions. There is a lot of material to go through before I can decide whether it is a documentary or a mockumentary but either way I give it 10/10. The film was interesting, exciting to watch, had fun stars (Guetta, Banksy, Fairey), and has enormous re-playability as I plan on watching it again as early as tomorrow.

And if you don't want to watch the 5 minute video... here is a 1 minute trailer of the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTlm6dU2xHk

« Reply #861 on: January 13, 2011, 12:37:22 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Social Network and Salt were the snow day movies yesterday. Network is fabulous, I fell asleep through Salt.

« Reply #862 on: January 13, 2011, 01:39:47 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Spanglish. Lovely film, Paz Vega is gorgeous.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #863 on: January 13, 2011, 07:43:23 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
FYI: One of the greatest Martial Arts movies ever made is on AMC tonight at 8PM ... "Enter The Dragon" starring Bruce Lee, John Saxon, Shih Kien, Jackie Chan, (uncredited - before he was famous), and many more! If you love Martial Arts and don't have it on DVD, this is a definite must-see ... yes, the OKC/Orlando game is on then, too, but that's why they invented PIP!! ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #864 on: January 13, 2011, 09:21:38 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
The King's Speech was well done....incredible acting.....don't know if this was mentioned, but I was not about to edit 50+ pages
Just got home from seeing "The King's Speech" on hardlyyardly's recommendation, and I concur.  It was a terrific moviel and the acting was terrific.  Loved it.  Wouldn't be surprised to see mentions for Acadamy Awards.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #865 on: January 13, 2011, 09:31:45 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Inception.
Thought it was good, a bit disappointed by the ending though.  This is a frequent complaint of mine with movies like this.  It's as if the director/screenwriter couldn't quite decide what they wanted to do, so opted for the arty "keep you guessing" ending, which always seems a total cop out.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #866 on: January 13, 2011, 09:37:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
FYI: One of the greatest Martial Arts movies ever made is on AMC tonight at 8PM ... "Enter The Dragon" starring Bruce Lee, John Saxon, Shih Kien, Jackie Chan, (uncredited - before he was famous), and many more! If you love Martial Arts and don't have it on DVD, this is a definite must-see ... yes, the OKC/Orlando game is on then, too, but that's why they invented PIP!! ;)

I saw that and cried a little inside. My gf decided we were going to watch re runs of community and the big bang theory. Usually a high point in my night, but Enter The Dragon would've been so much cooler.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #867 on: January 13, 2011, 09:43:02 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I just finished watching "Exit Through the Gift Shop". I'm probably going to watch it a couple more times in the next few days. Like "Catfish", people are still debating whether it is a documentary or as mockumentary. I currently have no opinion on that topic. If it is a documentary it is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen... right up there with "Woodstock" and "The Cove". If it is a mockumentary I applaud everybody responsible for being able to keep the secret under wraps unlike Casey Affleck spilling the beans on "I'm Still Here" before the film was even released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0b90YppquE

This 5 minute video shows just how intriguing this film really is. "Exit Through the Gift Shop" teaches you a lot about street art, mental illness, sociology and anthropology, and the true value of art. If "Mr. Brainwash" is a real artist then his success came about probably quicker than any other artist... ever. If "Mr. Brainwash" is a fabrication created by the mind of Banksy, then everybody who fell for the joke and purchased MBW art looks foolish and Banksy would thus be a genius. Give it a watch... I'd love to get some other opinions. There is a lot of material to go through before I can decide whether it is a documentary or a mockumentary but either way I give it 10/10. The film was interesting, exciting to watch, had fun stars (Guetta, Banksy, Fairey), and has enormous re-playability as I plan on watching it again as early as tomorrow.

And if you don't want to watch the 5 minute video... here is a 1 minute trailer of the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTlm6dU2xHk

wow, that definitely makes you question it, but they like you said if it is just a mockumentary, they did a crazy amount more work to make it than a true documentary likely would have required.  Which is impressive.
Yup

« Reply #868 on: January 13, 2011, 10:04:05 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Beer Wars...a very good and insightful documentary.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #869 on: January 13, 2011, 10:17:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Beer Wars...a very good and insightful documentary.

I also really enjoyed that. I haven't drank a miller, bud, coors, busch etc..beer by choice since (I'll drink it if its free in a social situation or a binge fest with some college friends).

Really made me like dogfish's owner sam too. Until Brewmasters, where he looks like he's been juicing for the last year. He's missing his neck now. he's got that weird weightlifter muscle there so his torso just kind of extends up like the top of a triangle. Just looks strange.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner