Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948938 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #840 on: January 10, 2011, 04:28:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The King's Speech was well done....incredible acting.....don't know if this was mentioned, but I was not about to edit 50+ pages

What, you've got something more important to do?  ;D
Yup

« Reply #841 on: January 10, 2011, 04:59:57 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Prince of Persia. It has the same Disney feel as the last two Pirates of the Caribbean. Having said that, I did not like Pirates 2 and 3. Like those, this movie is about 30 minutes longer than it should have been.  :P
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #842 on: January 10, 2011, 05:20:26 PM »

Offline Green Man

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
House of Sand and Fog - brilliant performances by Ben Kingsley and Jennifer Connelly. Very sad, depressing movie. Quite the tragedy. Very good thought

Extract - by Mike Judge, the guy who made Office Space. Not as funny, but still a quality comedy I'd say. Jason Bateman, Mila Kunis, Ben Affleck (absolutely hilarious in this, smaller role). Just a wholesome film.

The Salton Sea - I love me some Val Kilmer. This is one of his best performances. Neo-noir, revenge, drug movie. Sort of black comedy to it as well. Phenomenal cinematography by DJ Caruso. Highly recommend it. Has the same feel as Memento.

Next up: Equilibrium and Ghost Town

« Reply #843 on: January 10, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »

Offline snowball

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
Edge of Darkness - 1987 !!!
BBC production, 300 minutes.

loved it !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_of_Darkness

« Reply #844 on: January 10, 2011, 07:27:44 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Human Centipede....I thought it was a sci-fi/ horror flick...I was dead wrong...I don't like to read about movies before hand if I can all help it so I never would have watched it if I saw the trailer....Human Centipede is the most disgusting twisted movie I have ever watched...bad acting but so twisted and unique I kinda liked it. Hard to get the thought out of your head after....
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #845 on: January 10, 2011, 07:37:21 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Robin Hood.
Meh.  2 out of 5 stars (3 stars for the first half of the movie, 1 star for the second half - and that's being generous to the 2nd half).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #846 on: January 10, 2011, 08:39:20 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Robin Hood.
Meh.  2 out of 5 stars (3 stars for the first half of the movie, 1 star for the second half - and that's being generous to the 2nd half).

Although I'd never buy it or plan to watch again, I did not think it was terrible. I saw the director's cut,I don't know if that made the difference.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #847 on: January 10, 2011, 09:33:18 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
The King's Speech was well done....incredible acting.....don't know if this was mentioned, but I was not about to edit 50+ pages

I think this is one of those threads where redundancy is good since everyone has their own view and more positive mentions of a move means more evidence that it is worth watching.

« Reply #848 on: January 10, 2011, 09:41:47 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
True Grit

pretty good

« Reply #849 on: January 10, 2011, 09:43:29 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Robin Hood.

Is it pretty sad that this Robin Hood was about 100x worse then the Kevin Costner one?

« Reply #850 on: January 10, 2011, 09:54:08 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
New Robin Hood just needed a Brian Adams' song!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:00:30 PM by Chief »

Larry Bird

« Reply #851 on: January 10, 2011, 10:19:48 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

I think this is one of those threads where redundancy is good since everyone has their own view and more positive mentions of a move means more evidence that it is worth watching.

hardly yardley's my father (for real)...just busting his chops because he's retired  ;D
Yup

« Reply #852 on: January 11, 2011, 01:45:53 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
The Social Network. Most people have a Facebook account, so it's very interesting to see how something like this started. I think it got the best reviewed movie of the year at Rotten Tomatoes. After seeing it, I can see why. Very interesting!!!!

Larry Bird

« Reply #853 on: January 11, 2011, 02:38:59 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
"Rosewood".  Saw it on tv last night.  It was one of the hardest movies I have ever watched and I was deeply affected by it.  I can't critique it now...it is too fresh. 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #854 on: January 11, 2011, 03:09:29 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE