Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 953649 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #810 on: January 04, 2011, 12:55:23 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
At home, The Town last week. I saw it in the theaters in September and enjoyed it enough then to buy and watch again, totally worth it.

Went last night to see The Fighter. Thought it was excellent. Probably better than Black Swan (saw that before Christmas).

The acting in both The Fighter and Black Swan was amazing. Natalie Portman and Christian Bale are definitely winning Oscars for their roles, and Melissa Leo, Amy Adams, Mila Kunis were all great too. Even Mark Wahlberg did a good job.

I highly recommend all three movies.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #811 on: January 04, 2011, 01:24:12 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Saw the Fighter and True Grit this week.  Someone in an earlier thread mentioned that if you forgot True Grit was a Coen Bros movie, you'd really like.  I set my expectations so high for their movies, so I'm usually let down.  But it's a very good movie.

The Fighter was also very good (besides being kinda formulaic).  Christian Bale is fantastic.

Saw The Tillman Story a while back.  It's a doc that reviews Pat Tillman's family's fight to uncover what happened to their son in Afghanistan.  Very powerful stuff.  It'll make you proud of the Tillman family, and it'll make you mad at your gov't.

Last night I watched a Mexican movie called Sin Nombre.  Very very good. 

« Reply #812 on: January 04, 2011, 02:24:04 AM »

Offline Green Man

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Just watched Heat for the first time finished it 5 minutes ago. Had it lying around and just never got to it. I don't know what turned me off initially. Anyways it is actually the best movie I have ever seen in my life. Amazing all around. Truly a masterpiece, wow.

« Reply #813 on: January 04, 2011, 08:50:27 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Just watched Heat for the first time finished it 5 minutes ago. Had it lying around and just never got to it. I don't know what turned me off initially. Anyways it is actually the best movie I have ever seen in my life. Amazing all around. Truly a masterpiece, wow.

The bank heist scene?  You have seen shoot outs in movies before obviously but there is something about the filming style, the over bearing sound, the movements of DeNiro and Kilmer, the shots Pacino and the cops sneaking up on them and the violence of it... just incredible. 

Michael Mann also did an amazing job with Collateral which I highly reccomend if you haven't seen that.  I'm sure you will like it if you enjoy Heat that much.  The bank heist in Heat is one of the best scenes ever but I like Collateral more overall.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:01:25 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #814 on: January 04, 2011, 09:07:15 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

The bank heist scene?  You have seen shoot outs in movies before obviously but there is something about the filming style, the over bearing sound, the movements of DeNiro and Kilmer, the shots Pacino and the cops sneaking up on them and the violence of it... just incredible. 

Michael Mann also did an amazing job with Collateral which I highly reccomend if you haven't seen that.  I'm sure you will like it if you enjoy Heat that much.  The bank heist in Heat is one of the best scenes ever but I like Collateral more overall.

Just watched "Collateral" for the first time and posted about it a couple of days ago, ( http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=33551.msg891066#msg891066 ) ... awesome movie!! I liked "Heat" as well, but overall I'd pick "Collateral" as the better of the two. Most Michael Mann projects turn out pretty good. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #815 on: January 04, 2011, 10:27:32 AM »

Offline Green Man

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5

Ya I have seen Collateral. While it is also a very good movie, I still prefer Heat. But the atmosphere created in Collateral is sensational. The dark night in the LA streets, combined with the music, it's really something to behold. The feeling Mann creates in Collateral is astounding. Plus it was a great job by Tom Cruise.

« Reply #816 on: January 05, 2011, 02:28:43 AM »

Offline tonybell

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
The Last Movie i watched that is Iron Sky and its [dang] good movie.Full of space action just like star wars and i am crazy about space action.I think i have to Watch Iron Sky Online again because i want to go the space one more time.

« Reply #817 on: January 05, 2011, 02:05:31 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77
On break from school and been really watching a ton of movies lately:

The Proposition - awesome Aussie western, beautifully shot, great acting (Guy Pearce, Ray Winstone). I'd give it a 8/10

I saw this one a couple of years ago, and loved it, too.  Written by Nick Cave!
The Bad Seeds Nick Cave? Interesting.

Yes, none other.  He also wrote the soundtrack and sings on it.  Very eery-western music.

« Reply #818 on: January 05, 2011, 04:52:09 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

The Proposition - awesome Aussie western, beautifully shot, great acting (Guy Pearce, Ray Winstone). I'd give it a 8/10

Yes, none other.  He also wrote the soundtrack and sings on it.  Very eery-western music.

He did the score for "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" as well if you want to hear some more eery-western music. That film and score are simply phenomenal.

« Reply #819 on: January 05, 2011, 04:52:58 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Cars and finding Nemo
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #820 on: January 05, 2011, 06:53:09 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
The Town

Not really a law and order guy--actually did prison work as an attorney--and I was offended by this movie--rooted for the cops--see no way a criminal gets that woman and outcome should have had Ben spending the rest of his life in prison--the movie was wrong minded especially after all the jeopardy they put woman, children the innocent  public in.  Just imagine a loved one in the area of one of the robberies--to glorify any of those people sucks.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #821 on: January 05, 2011, 06:58:12 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88

I told some of my buddies the other day that I had never seen Heat and they all thought I'm crazy. Definitely next on my 'to see' list. Literally every person I've talked to loves the movie.

« Reply #822 on: January 05, 2011, 07:11:37 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77

He did the score for "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" as well if you want to hear some more eery-western music. That film and score are simply phenomenal.

Thanks for the tip.  I just added it to my Netflix queue.

« Reply #823 on: January 06, 2011, 12:52:16 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
what happend in vegas

and cars and finding nemo
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #824 on: January 06, 2011, 11:39:04 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This coming Saturday, (January Eighth), is "John Wayne Day" on AMC ... movies starring The Duke all day and all night, including the original "True Grit" ... just a heads-up to fellow Duke fans. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *