Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 953644 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #690 on: September 22, 2010, 01:54:10 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I just watched get him to the greek and I wish I would've paid $9 a ticket plus popcorn. It was that good.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #691 on: September 22, 2010, 05:41:24 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
I just saw 'The Town' earlier tonight. 5/5 stars, imho -- rottentomatoes.com is giving the film a 94% rating on their website right now...
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #692 on: September 22, 2010, 06:06:51 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I just saw 'The Town' earlier tonight. 5/5 stars, imho -- rottentomatoes.com is giving the film a 94% rating on their website right now...

I wanted to see that a couple days ago but had to go with Devil because of timing. Glad to hear it'll be worth the bucks when I do go see it.

Devil, on the other hand.. I won't say much but these M. Knight Shambafbggfhlan movies are getting pretty bad. The last one I actually enjoyed was Unbreakable. It was very blek.

« Reply #693 on: September 22, 2010, 06:39:49 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

Saw it last night... I give it a 9 out of 10. Just a couple of things I didn't like about it. The action was absolutely amazing, the acting was really good. It's definitely one of those movies that is very worth it to see in theaters. I would also consider it to be the most authentic Boston-based movie to date, meaning you know they are in Boston the whole time. Whereas, in The Departed you can tell some of it is filmed in New York. Mystic River and Gone Baby Gone are fairly good at letting you know they're in Boston as well.

« Reply #694 on: September 22, 2010, 08:04:26 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I didn't expect a lot from The Town when I went to watch it but it really impressed me, it's really a good movie, which gets you in the story from the start till the end. Ben Affleck impressed me too, I didn't know he could act so well.

The last movie I watched since then is Blade Runner (director's cut). I had already seen it numerous times but this movie is so great you can just watch it over and over again and get caught in it everytime. You can't tell it's from 1982 (hasn't aged at all), the actors and characters are great, the universe and the music are masterpieces... I keep repeating myself about this movie but it's truly great!

Plus, only Force 10 from Navarone, What Lies Beneath and K19 are remaining on my Harrison Ford movies list, which means once I've watched them I will have seen all his movies. :P

« Reply #695 on: September 22, 2010, 08:44:13 AM »

Offline TBreezy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Enter the Dragon.  Gotta love the netflix

« Reply #696 on: September 26, 2010, 12:35:08 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Midnight Cowboy - 9/10

It certainly didn't deserve the 'X' rating it got when it came out in 1969. I would probably consider it my favorite movie of that year (Just beating out 'Easy Rider', which I found to be very similar), so I'm glad it won the Oscar for Best Picture. Dustin Hoffman was AWESOME, just terrific acting. It seems like 1969 was a pretty slow year for this to win Best Picture, though. 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid', and 'True Grit' came out that year, I've never seen those... I am excited for the upcoming 'True Grit' remake, directed by the Coen brothers, seeing that may make me want to watch the original.

The Game - 10/10

Other than 'Alien3', 'The Game' was the only David Fincher movie that I had not yet seen (And I don't plan on seeing 'Alien3'). Seeing as I am going to be going to see 'The Social Network' next week, I wanted to watch 'The Game'. I am so happy I decided to watch it. I've owned it for a couple of months but kept putting it off in favor of other movies because the trailer didn't excite me very much. I can't stand trailers for 90s movies. The quality is always terrible and gives the impression of a poor movie. This movie had me on the edge of my seat for the entire 2+ hours, and even though I was less than thrilled by the ending it still managed to get a 10 out of me. On my movie ranking database I italicize movies if I think they are perfect. This movie is a 10 but it is not italicized because it is perfect all the way through up until the ending. It isn't a BAD ending, it just isn't what I would have wanted, and I don't understand how David Fincher made it that way after the harsh ending of 'Se7en'. This movie reminded me a lot of 'Eyes Wide Shut' and 'Lost Highway'. I'm surprised that I've never heard about 'The Game' from anybody I know personally ('The Game' has 74,000 votes on IMDb, whereas 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button', which is nowhere near as good, has 137,000). The action scenes were excellent, and there was a lot of psychological play in the story which most people know is my favorite quality to a movie as some of my favorites include 'Fight Club', 'Memento', 'Eyes Wide Shut', and 'Donnie Darko'. Michael Douglas is excellent in the movie, yet nowhere near as good as Sean Penn who sees probably somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes of camera time. I would definitely recommend that people see this movie. The first hour and a half are some of the most entertaining minutes you can ever spend watching a movie, but be prepared to be disappointed by the ending.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 08:48:40 AM by MattG12 »

« Reply #697 on: September 26, 2010, 02:48:49 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Martial arts junkie so I just watched a movie called FlashPoint with Donnie Yen. Jackie Chan and Jet Li get all the big pub when it comes to overseas martial arts movies but right now nobody does it better than Donnie Yen. His speed, his athleticism and his showmanship are incredible. And unlike Li he doesn't do any wire-fu. But he does add some MMA submission takedowns and some wrestling moves incorporated in his style. And if you wanna see what retarded handspeed looks like watch IP Man.

By the way also saw The Town and pretty much echo everything that has been said. Excellent movie. Excellent acting. Should get some Oscar buzz i think.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #698 on: September 26, 2010, 04:27:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Astro Boy javascript:void(0);
Yup

« Reply #699 on: September 26, 2010, 08:03:29 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
saw Kick-ass via Netflix.  loved it.  Hit-girl was just too cool.  wasn't quite what I expected == turned out it was a lot better than anticipated.  highly recommend it if you're in a goofy mood and like graphic violence to boot.

« Reply #700 on: September 26, 2010, 09:02:02 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Gotta see Get him to the Greek on tuesday.  I guess it's time to get Netflix because Redbox release dates have become increasingly delayed.  I guess I'll have to buy the movie for 17.99 at Best Buy.

« Reply #701 on: September 26, 2010, 09:30:03 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Martial arts junkie so I just watched a movie called FlashPoint with Donnie Yen. Jackie Chan and Jet Li get all the big pub when it comes to overseas martial arts movies but right now nobody does it better than Donnie Yen. His speed, his athleticism and his showmanship are incredible. And unlike Li he doesn't do any wire-fu. But he does add some MMA submission takedowns and some wrestling moves incorporated in his style. And if you wanna see what retarded handspeed looks like watch IP Man.

TP!!!!  im a HUGE kung fu flick buff myself.  i just watched red dragon with donnie yen a couple nights ago :)

« Reply #702 on: September 26, 2010, 09:30:40 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
saw Kick-ass via Netflix.  loved it.  Hit-girl was just too cool.  wasn't quite what I expected == turned out it was a lot better than anticipated.  highly recommend it if you're in a goofy mood and like graphic violence to boot.

Hitgirl is one of my favorite movie characters in recent memory!

Just went with the family to see Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole.  Really stunning images, and a decent story line (Arian owls? ).
Yup

« Reply #703 on: September 27, 2010, 01:58:06 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Just watched Superbad for the second or third time.. Still hilarious.

I AM MCLOVIN!

« Reply #704 on: September 27, 2010, 02:28:26 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
A Prophet. It is a French prison/gangster movie. Incredible. I highly recommend it if you are okay with subtitles.