Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948666 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #660 on: September 02, 2010, 11:27:34 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
"Despicable Me" ... loved it! Somebody said it was better than Toy Story 3, but I liked them equally, for different reasons.

Also, "Once Upon A Time In The West" was on TCM when I got home tonite ... I haven't seen it in a while, but have watched it many times, and it's still just as enjoyable as the first time ... a Western Genre Masterpiece, without question.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:17:51 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #661 on: September 03, 2010, 12:29:18 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
The Expendables. As the a big fan of the old action movies, it was great to see all those guys together. I heard Stallone thinking about making the sequel with Bruce Willis as the bad guy.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #662 on: September 03, 2010, 12:32:42 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Manhattan Murder Mystery.
A Woody Allen movie.  It was okay, if you like Woody Allen movies.  If not, don't see it.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #663 on: September 08, 2010, 09:58:51 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist...

...was 85 minutes of my life I will never have back.  This was total garbage, I hesitate to even call it a real movie.

« Reply #664 on: September 13, 2010, 01:19:55 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
The Abyss. This Cameron fella surely knows how to make a good movie  :)
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #665 on: September 13, 2010, 02:29:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Up.

It was worth my time.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #666 on: September 13, 2010, 03:17:08 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Resident Evil Afterlife in 3D

Had great 3D
Decent action

But dragged at times.  Worth seeing in 3D.  The 3D was almost as good as Avatar.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #667 on: September 13, 2010, 04:06:39 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Get Low

excellent acting by Robert Duvall, Bill Murray and Sissy Spacek

I was wanting to go see this the past weekend but they pulled it from the only theater in the areas that was playing it. I absolutely love Robert Duvall. I'm glad it was good.

I assume that you have seen Second Hand Lions? One of the better movies out there that you can have your kids watch as well.

« Reply #668 on: September 15, 2010, 09:41:47 PM »

Offline mzepol

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
I watched "The Uninvited" over the weekend.  I thought it was pretty good.

Was it the horror film released last year? If yes, I would suggest watching the original - A Tale of Two Sisters (Jangwa, Hongreon) from 2003. Much better film IMO, if you don't mind subtitles.

« Reply #669 on: September 17, 2010, 12:57:30 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Was it the horror film released last year? If yes, I would suggest watching the original - A Tale of Two Sisters (Jangwa, Hongreon) from 2003. Much better film IMO, if you don't mind subtitles.

I've had Tale of Two Sisters on my netflix cue for ages.  I need to get around to watching that.  Have you seen Thirst yet?  It's a Asian horror movie (Korean I believe) that I've heard some good things about.

« Reply #670 on: September 17, 2010, 12:59:06 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist...

...was 85 minutes of my life I will never have back.  This was total garbage, I hesitate to even call it a real movie.

Haha Kung Pow is definitely a devisive movie.  I love it, as do some of my friends.  But I've suggested it to others and they end up thinking I'm brain damaged for liking it.

« Reply #671 on: September 17, 2010, 05:14:51 AM »

Offline mzepol

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56

I've had Tale of Two Sisters on my netflix cue for ages.  I need to get around to watching that.  Have you seen Thirst yet?  It's a Asian horror movie (Korean I believe) that I've heard some good things about.

I haven't seen Thirst yet, but I've heard good things about it. I'll definitely check it out.

« Reply #672 on: September 17, 2010, 09:21:16 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I haven't gone through the latest films I've watched in a loooooooong time.

Wall Street 10/10
Excellent film... can't wait to see the second one!

Rocky 8/10
Pretty good... I prefer Raging Bull and I think I'm going to like "The Fighter" more.

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 6/10
Had it's ups and downs... watched it with my nephews... Nobody can beat Pixar at animation.

Office Space 8/10
Still holds up as a very funny movie.

Minority Report 8/10
Good futuristic movie... Tom Cruise is excellent. There are some major plot holes that were hard for me to overlook.

Stay 7/10
Good film with Ryan Gosling... The climax felt rushed... Good acting from Gosling, Ewan McGregor, and Naomi Watts. I;ve seen many similar movies that were done better (Donnie Darko, The Jacket, etc.)

A Single Man 7/10
Good acting, extremely anticlimactic... I felt like nothing happened, the ending was too ironic. First half of the movie had an interesting tone with good acting all around.

The Professional 10/10
Really good acting, really good story... If you haven't seen it you should. A very interesting/original story.

Inside Man 8/10
Not a bad movie by Spike Lee. A couple plot holes, but I was willing to forgive them, because the story line was great.

He Got Game 7/10
Another pretty good movie from Spike Lee.. starring Ray Allen... some bad acting improves towards the end of the movie. Denzel was great.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo 9/10
A very good movie... a couple minor plot holes. Really good acting. A great foreign film, I can't believe they're already doing Hollywood remakes of the trilogy, I also can't believe they remade Let the Right One In.

The Deer Hunter 8/10
I did not make any kind of emotional connection with the characters, so it was difficult for me to feel bad about anything that happened. The acting was good, and the story was good... I just would have cared more if they weren't a bunch of guys who hang around at the bar and go hunting all the time.

Batman Begins 9/10
I gave The Dark Knight an 8 without having seen Batman Begins... I thought BB was better but now I'll have to go back and watch TDK again to better understand the plot... can't wait for the third installment though... Christopher Nolan can make some real good superhero movies... and I am not a superhero kind of guy. I never read comics.

25th Hour 8/10
Another Spike Lee movie... really good acting all around from Edward Norton, Rosario Dawson, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and Barry Pepper. Interesting story but not interesting enough to get anything better than an 8.

I'm going to go back to doing reviews more often so I don't have to go through so many at a time with 2-3 sentence reviews.

« Reply #673 on: September 17, 2010, 09:22:45 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I watched "The Uninvited" over the weekend.  I thought it was pretty good.

Yes, it apparently was the American re-make of that movie.

« Reply #674 on: September 17, 2010, 11:56:17 AM »

Offline Shots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo 9/10
A very good movie... a couple minor plot holes. Really good acting. A great foreign film, I can't believe they're already doing Hollywood remakes of the trilogy, I also can't believe they remade Let the Right One In.

I can perhaps offer some insight in terms of why they are making Hollywood remakes of the "Millenium Trilogy (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo") already.

The adaption, which I believe you've seen, was the only of the three books, that were invested heavily in. The director, Niels Arden Oplev, only directed the first of the three movies, while the others were on a much smaller budget, at least in terms of director and writers. They were aimed as direct to DVD releases, but at least were in the cinemas here in Denmark, due to the heavy success of both the first release, as well as the books - but quite frankly, they weren't anywere near "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". They were good, but definitely not great! It wouldn't make much sense to release those to a 'non' Scandinavian market.

There's no doubt about there's a huge potential with the Millenium series adapted, I just hope Hollywood won't ruin it (which I'm almost completely convinced 'they' will). According to New York Times David Fincher is set to direct it, so perhaps there's some hope!