Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 953481 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #645 on: August 18, 2010, 03:45:14 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Watched "Batteries Not Included" with my daughters the other night.  Cute story.
Yup

« Reply #646 on: August 18, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »

Offline CelticWes34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 20
Reign over me

Didn't know Adam Sandler could actually act. He's very good in this piece about a guy who's lost his entire family. Very, very intriguing.

You ever seen "Funny People"? He is very good in that also.
Carl: And, technically, he's supposed to be spayed, and uh, he ain't that. I know that first hand. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask me. Ask me how I know.

« Reply #647 on: August 18, 2010, 03:56:51 PM »

Offline CelticWes34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 20
The Expendables...

Really good movie so long as you take it for what it's worth. I absolutely loved it.
Carl: And, technically, he's supposed to be spayed, and uh, he ain't that. I know that first hand. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask me. Ask me how I know.

« Reply #648 on: August 18, 2010, 05:08:25 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Reign over me

Didn't know Adam Sandler could actually act. He's very good in this piece about a guy who's lost his entire family. Very, very intriguing.

Haven't seen Reign Over Me, heard his acting is awesome in that movie... but in my opinion is acting in Punch-Drunk Love is him at his best, followed by Funny People.

« Reply #649 on: August 30, 2010, 01:06:04 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The Cove. I was disturbed beyond explanation ... "Whale Wars" is my favorite show anyway, so I knew what was coming, and almost didn't watch it, (in fact, I had promised myself I wouldn't watch it), but it was on Animal Planet tonight, and I got caught up by it.

I do some work for Sea Shepherd, so I felt compelled to keep my eyes open through the whole movie for the sake of the dolphins and their plight. Disgusted and saddened beyond belief. What we humans have done to the gifts and miracles of the earth that we have been blessed with, is a disgrace and offront to our species.

To call ourselves an "intelligent" species, is the most ambivolent statement we can ever make, and you will see and feel why if you ever watch this movie ... and every human should see this movie. This was the absolute worse week I could have watched this, too. Oh well, done is done ... and I will be far more involved than I have been from now on because of it.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #650 on: August 30, 2010, 08:50:15 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Reign over me

Thought Funny People was incredibly disappointing...started off very good, but the movie then fell victim to The Judd Apatow Syndrome:  45 minutes too long, and an overreliance on penis jokes.  It turns into a completely different movie for the last hour, and the "2nd movie" isn't very good, seemed to be just an excuse for Judd Apatow to show off his real-life family.

Anyways, last 2 movies I watched:

Date Night - the story is ridiculously over the top, but Steve Carell is always entertaining, and him and Tina Fey are good for more than a few laughs.  Also it's short, and I can think of a lot worse ways to spend 90 minutes.  Not great by any stretch, but I was entertained.

Vertigo - The Hitchcock "classic," but I dont see what the hype was all about.  The "plot twist" was so contrived that it wasn't worth the 2 hours it took to reveal it.  Also, there wasn't really anyone to root for...Jimmy Stewart's character turns into an unlikeable creep by the end of things, so I really didn't care what happened to any of the characters.  I found it entirely forgettable afterwards.  But at least I can cross it off my IMDB Top 50 list.

« Reply #651 on: August 30, 2010, 09:42:44 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Book of Eli.
Really enjoyed it, though I thought the last 2-3 minutes could have been dropped or changed.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #652 on: August 31, 2010, 01:02:01 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
The Cove. I was disturbed beyond explanation ... "Whale Wars" is my favorite show anyway, so I knew what was coming, and almost didn't watch it, (in fact, I had promised myself I wouldn't watch it), but it was on Animal Planet tonight, and I got caught up by it.

I do some work for Sea Shepherd, so I felt compelled to keep my eyes open through the whole movie for the sake of the dolphins and their plight. Disgusted and saddened beyond belief. What we humans have done to the gifts and miracles of the earth that we have been blessed with, is a disgrace and offront to our species.

To call ourselves an "intelligent" species, is the most ambivolent statement we can ever make, and you will see and feel why if you ever watch this movie ... and every human should see this movie. This was the absolute worse week I could have watched this, too. Oh well, done is done ... and I will be far more involved than I have been from now on because of it.

TP.

« Reply #653 on: August 31, 2010, 01:05:25 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Watched Date Night last night with my wife.
We both enjoyed it.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #654 on: August 31, 2010, 01:22:22 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Watched the movie "UP"  It was actually pretty decent. Its truly amazing how they do these animated movies now - they are so realistic. 
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #655 on: August 31, 2010, 01:23:54 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I finally saw Alice In Wonderland.  I really enjoyed the beginning, while I thought that it turned too generic about halfway through.  Overall, it was fine, I was just expecting more after a strong opening.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #656 on: August 31, 2010, 04:09:28 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Vampire suck.

And it sucked luckily for me I didnt pay to see that TRASH!
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #657 on: August 31, 2010, 04:41:35 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Date Night. Thought it was awful.

« Reply #658 on: September 01, 2010, 01:33:28 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
"Mr. Nobody" (2009)

imdb rating: 7.7

imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485947/

User Synopsis: "Nemo Nobody leads an ordinary existence at his wife's side, Elise, and their 3 children until the day when reality skids and he wakes up as an old man in the year 2092. At 120, Mr. Nobody is both the oldest man in the world and the last mortal of a new mankind where nobody dies anymore. But that doesn't seem to interest or bother him very much. The only questions that preoccupy him in the present is whether he lived the right life for himself, loved the woman whom he was supposed to love, and had the children whom he was meant to have... now his purpose is to find the right answer.  Written by Anonymous"

I thought the film was visually stunning, shot tremendously well, had a wonderful soundtrack and score....was meaningful and touching.

The messages the film sends will have varying interpretations which makes perfect sense because everyone isn't the same.

« Reply #659 on: September 01, 2010, 08:44:59 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Get Low

excellent acting by Robert Duvall, Bill Murray and Sissy Spacek