Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948553 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #630 on: August 08, 2010, 08:21:58 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Apollo 13. Watched it years ago but this time it was even better than I remembered.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #631 on: August 08, 2010, 09:25:40 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
"The Other Guys", Will Ferrell's new movie with Mark Walhberg.

Do not believe the reviews. This movie wasn't anywhere near as funny or entertaining as "Anchorman" or "Talladega Nights".

Very disappointed.

I just saw the Other Guys as well. I'd give it a 6.5/10 in the overall scale, and a 2.0/4.0 on the Will Farrell GPA scale.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #632 on: August 08, 2010, 09:51:31 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach

Do not believe the reviews. This movie wasn't anywhere near as funny or entertaining as "Anchorman" or "Talladega Nights".

Very disappointed.

I just saw the Other Guys as well. I'd give it a 6.5/10 in the overall scale, and a 2.0/4.0 on the Will Farrell GPA scale.

'The Other Guys' wasn't a good movie? That's a shame -- it got a relaively high score on rottentomatoes.com so I'm guessing at least some of the critics there liked it, unless they are just giving Will Ferrell preferencial treatment because he is one of the USA's most prominent comedic actors. That's if you can even repeat the phrase 'comedic actor' to yourself without smirking in smug disgust.  :-*
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #633 on: August 08, 2010, 10:14:26 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Very disappointed.

'The Other Guys' wasn't a good movie? That's a shame -- it got a relaively high score on rottentomatoes.com so I'm guessing at least some of the critics there liked it, unless they are just giving Will Ferrell preferencial treatment because he is one of the USA's most prominent comedic actors. That's if you can even repeat the phrase 'comedic actor' to yourself without smirking in smug disgust.  :-*

ha, I mean...its funny but its like any will Farrell movie not in his top 3 (Old School, Anchorman, Talladega Nights..not in any order and just my favs)..the character gets old, and the initial laugh wears on you. Like one of his late 90's SNL skits that aren't the ones you like. At first you laugh then you're thinking "is this really still going?"

« Reply #634 on: August 08, 2010, 10:20:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Very disappointed.

ha, I mean...its funny but its like any will Farrell movie not in his top 3 (Old School, Anchorman, Talladega Nights..not in any order and just my favs)..the character gets old, and the initial laugh wears on you. Like one of his late 90's SNL skits that aren't the ones you like. At first you laugh then you're thinking "is this really still going?"
And you get really sick of listening to Mark Walhberg yell in angry tones. It got old real fast.

« Reply #635 on: August 08, 2010, 10:22:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Very disappointed.

And you get really sick of listening to Mark Walhberg yell in angry tones. It got old real fast.

Yeah..ironically Will Farrell carries Walhberg for most of the movie.

Honestly Samuel L Jackson needs to do more comedy. That guy has a role in a typecast movie that I will pay to see.

« Reply #636 on: August 08, 2010, 10:24:32 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Love and Basketball

« Reply #637 on: August 08, 2010, 10:32:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Love and Basketball

I always hated that movie. I'm a huge Omar Epps fan too. I've seen Juice, Higher Learning, In Too Deep...like 1,000 times. Heck I ever paid amerian dollars to watch "The Wood"

« Reply #638 on: August 15, 2010, 04:10:05 AM »

Kiorrik

Reign over me

Didn't know Adam Sandler could actually act. He's very good in this piece about a guy who's lost his entire family. Very, very intriguing.

« Reply #639 on: August 15, 2010, 04:18:40 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Apollo 13. Watched it years ago but this time it was even better than I remembered.

Yeah, another great film by Ron Howard ... I can remember being in school and watching them return to earth live on TV ... the cameras waiting for the three parachutes to appear through the clouds, (radio silence through re-entry, so no one knew if they had made it) ... to celebrate their safe return, school was let out early. That was an amazing experience ... it's all anybody was thinking and talking about every day, "Will the astronauts make it home?" ... the entire world was transfixed by it. Something I'll never forget ... seeing those parachutes and the capsule appear through the clouds ... the whole school, (and the rest of the world), was cheering ... awesome to live through those times.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #640 on: August 15, 2010, 10:27:20 AM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
Book of Eli

Really liked the colors and the Western tones. Pretty good movie, but I was clueless as to why everything was in ruins since I know nothing about the story.

« Reply #641 on: August 15, 2010, 10:43:54 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
RepoMen...meh
Yup

« Reply #642 on: August 15, 2010, 04:26:55 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Book of Eli

Really liked the colors and the Western tones. Pretty good movie, but I was clueless as to why everything was in ruins since I know nothing about the story.

I just wish that the director had found more subtle ways to hint towards the twist. I think that would've made the movie so much better, atleast that's what did it for me with Shutter Island. Shutter Island had hiints all over the place, but you weren't given all the information to put it all together until the end. Book of Eli probably has 4 or 5 and you barely think twice about them.

« Reply #643 on: August 18, 2010, 03:14:10 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
"This Is England".

Best movie I have seen in a while; I highly recommend it.

« Reply #644 on: August 18, 2010, 03:44:02 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Expendables- If you like 80's action flicks, you'll really like it.

The Reader- Thought it was boring.