Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948840 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #540 on: June 23, 2010, 12:18:04 PM »

Offline Rickretro

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6

« Reply #541 on: June 26, 2010, 05:41:23 AM »

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
The Karate Kid (2010) - Awesome film. I too, felt it is overall better than the original. (You can't beat Mr. Miyagi). This one was all about the "Karate Kid" and the new film portrayed the lead character better, more of a front and center type of focus.

* The training montages were better, longer, and more intricate.

* The cinematography & visuals of China were breath taking and shot so well compared to the original's visuals.

* The overall musical score is terrific, though there isn't that one superb theme track.

* Acting performances by Jaden and Jackie were strong.

* Fight scenes were well choreographed and felt more brutal & intense. (I wonder how Will and Jada felt watching their son get crushed and beaten down over and over!!)

Overall, one of the great films of 2010, right up there with How to Train Your Dragon.

I have to agree with everything you said. Having grown up with the original I really didn't have high hopes for the remake. However surprisingly it stands on equal ground and in many ways surpasses the 1984 classic. It is one of the few films that I've seen in a while that really lived up to all the great reviews and deservedly so.

I also saw Prince of Persia in a D-Box motion theater. An okay movie made into a awesome experience with the bass speakers installed in the motion seats. If you have one near you it is definitely worth the extra cost($20each).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apc8OU98r54&feature=channel

« Reply #542 on: June 26, 2010, 04:49:42 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Recently saw: August Rush (2007) for the 1st time. It is one of my favorite films of all time.

* Wonderful acting done by the lead Freddie Highmore.

* The music, soundtrack, score are tremendous; really enhances the emotion of the film.

* The film itself expresses a powerful message about belief & faith....something we've all had for our respective sports teams and sports figures.

* The overall film experience is something a whole family or loved ones can all enjoy or be shared with.

« Reply #543 on: June 26, 2010, 05:32:03 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
Youth in Revolt - a pretty funny and effective coming of age movie with Michael Cera

She's Out of My League - not bad, not great, decently funny, Jay Baruchel is always good for some laughs, only thing was they say the girl in the movie is a perfect "10", I just didn't see it, I mean attractive yes, but perfect 10 no.

Adventureland - like Youth in Revolt it's a good coming of age story, I liked it a lot, set in the 80s, that kid from Zombieland is in it and I liked him better in this, Kristin Stewart was surprisingly decent in it as well

The Escapist - an old school prison escape movie, Brian Cox is great, set in London, I just love prison movies/shows and there aren't too many movies that are good (Felon is awesome, check it out), and this was pretty good overall

Gonna watch The Road tonight, heard great things on here about it

« Reply #544 on: June 26, 2010, 05:55:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Saw Toy Story 3 the other.  I had an ongoing distraction with the kids sitting behind (long story), but the parts of the movie that I was able to able to actually able to kick back and relax for were good.
Yup

« Reply #545 on: June 26, 2010, 06:28:41 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

A brainless action flick with crude language, excessive gore, and nudity left and right.

I loved it!  ;D

« Reply #546 on: June 26, 2010, 06:44:38 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Youth in Revolt - a pretty funny and effective coming of age movie with Michael Cera

She's Out of My League - not bad, not great, decently funny, Jay Baruchel is always good for some laughs, only thing was they say the girl in the movie is a perfect "10", I just didn't see it, I mean attractive yes, but perfect 10 no.

I thought She's Outta My League was like if you took everything controversial out of "Chasing Amy". I didn't hate it, that was just my first impression.

« Reply #547 on: July 01, 2010, 01:52:22 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Took my niece and nephew to "Toy Story 3 - Disney 3D" today ... I think I loved it more than they did! Awesome flick ... really had something for everyone, and was an actual Pixar tear-jerker. Recommended highly.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #548 on: July 01, 2010, 06:59:05 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Terminator Salvation. A good action film. Maybe not follows the terminator franchise guidelines like some fans complained, but I still liked it.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #549 on: July 01, 2010, 08:16:05 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
grown ups.  i laughed my butt (sound better than tush) off!

No profanity please, not even when you mask it!
- Kiorrik / Dirk
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 11:06:14 AM by boscel33 »
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #550 on: July 02, 2010, 03:48:15 AM »

Offline mafalda.vamos

• Jordan Walsh
dazed and confused by richard linklater
i usually like his movies
but this one...maybe i'm too old? ::)

i prefer the "rumble fish" style of american youth movies.
I don't even like basketball! Only God knows why I love Boston Celtics so much...

« Reply #551 on: July 05, 2010, 02:25:24 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
'Neverwas'

Brittany Murphy is very sweet there, as usual. Gone way too early.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #552 on: July 05, 2010, 03:00:19 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Toy Story 3. Excellent film.

Going to see Karate Kid tomorrow.

« Reply #553 on: July 05, 2010, 03:02:34 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Toy Story 3. Excellent film.

Going to see Karate Kid tomorrow.

I've heard excellent reviews on Toy Story 3 from my friends who have kids.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #554 on: July 05, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Grown Ups...not too bad...pretty funny