Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948909 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #525 on: June 20, 2010, 11:32:43 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Farewell My Concubine. A bit long. Probably lost a lot in translation since I don't know much about Chinese culture and history. Still very enjoyable.

« Reply #526 on: June 21, 2010, 11:14:41 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'm watching Rocky IV (my favorite one). Too bad Stallone had  to ruin a great thing with that awful sequel. The last Rambo at least was campy and unintentionally hilarious. Rocky Balboa was just a dud.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #527 on: June 21, 2010, 11:50:52 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
mmm.....

cars
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #528 on: June 22, 2010, 02:03:44 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Toy Story 3. Now, I was a little kid when the first ones came out and I loved them then, Im 18 now and TS3 was still incredible. Seriously, one of the best movies I've seen in eons. It actually touched me emotionally, which is something extremely few movies can claim.

« Reply #529 on: June 22, 2010, 02:37:40 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
The Messenger. Woody Harrelson movie where he and another guy (who is really the lead) inform next of kin that their loved one was killed in battle. Very touching. Well made.

I have to thank Netflix's automated recommendations because I hadn't actually heard of the movie before.

« Reply #530 on: June 22, 2010, 03:05:57 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
"Forrest Gump" ... and in memory of Edgar's absence this weekend ... "Cars"!

(Was gonna watch "The Incredibles", but my cell phone had other ideas)  :P

Going through heavy Celtic Game withdrawal.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #531 on: June 22, 2010, 10:58:49 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Toy Story 3. Now, I was a little kid when the first ones came out and I loved them then, Im 18 now and TS3 was still incredible. Seriously, one of the best movies I've seen in eons. It actually touched me emotionally, which is something extremely few movies can claim.

i agree about the emotion aspect of it.  the people at disney and pixar and unbelievable at what they do!

« Reply #532 on: June 22, 2010, 11:06:53 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

i agree about the emotion aspect of it.  the people at disney and pixar and unbelievable at what they do!

I think this one's on the docket for next weekend.  Did you see it in 3D?  We finally got a 3D theater near us.

I saw Karate Kid last weekend with my family.  Nice movie. The scenery in China was pretty amazing (not sure why they had to practice on top of the Great Wall, but it made for a great looking scene).  I also thought they could have done a bit more to capture the political environment. 

Really enjoyed it though. Totally different animal than the original.
Yup

« Reply #533 on: June 22, 2010, 12:00:19 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I watched Toy Story 3 (in 3-D) with my two boys on Father's day. It is worth seeing, especially if you can see it in 3-D.

I also watched "I am a cyborg... but it's okay" on the Sundance Channel recently. It is a Korean film (fictional drama) about mental illness. It was good and captured my interest, but my interest in it probably had as much to do with my curiosity about how mental illness is perceived and managed in other cultures as it did the story. So if it sucks, I apologize in advance.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #534 on: June 23, 2010, 10:29:57 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

I think this one's on the docket for next weekend.  Did you see it in 3D?  We finally got a 3D theater near us.

yes, in 3d.  first movie i have seen in 3d since 80s, lol.  definitely cool.  it was in 3d but didnt have any cheap 3d tricks to startle the viewer.

I saw Karate Kid last weekend with my family.  Nice movie. The scenery in China was pretty amazing (not sure why they had to practice on top of the Great Wall, but it made for a great looking scene).  I also thought they could have done a bit more to capture the political environment. 

the chinese govt donated 5 million dollars towards the film, so they would never allow for the political environment to be explored.

« Reply #535 on: June 23, 2010, 10:33:11 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

Redz, No. No no no. You drop everything and go see Toy Story 3 now. it's that good =P

« Reply #536 on: June 23, 2010, 10:36:41 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I watched Toy Story 3 (in 3-D) with my two boys on Father's day. It is worth seeing, especially if you can see it in 3-D.

I also watched "I am a cyborg... but it's okay" on the Sundance Channel recently. It is a Korean film (fictional drama) about mental illness. It was good and captured my interest, but my interest in it probably had as much to do with my curiosity about how mental illness is perceived and managed in other cultures as it did the story. So if it sucks, I apologize in advance.

Sounds interesting.  Did it offer any insights to what you sought?
Yup

« Reply #537 on: June 23, 2010, 10:37:33 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Redz, No. No no no. You drop everything and go see Toy Story 3 now. it's that good =P

No can do!  Gotta go with the whole family or there will be THAT's NOT FAIR claims to answer to.
Yup

« Reply #538 on: June 23, 2010, 11:06:01 AM »

Offline mafalda.vamos

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 6
"Obsessed" starring by Beyoncé,Ali Larter and Idris Elba.
i watched it last night on HBO Asia.
it was lame. but Beyoncé looked pretty.
I don't even like basketball! Only God knows why I love Boston Celtics so much...

« Reply #539 on: June 23, 2010, 11:09:38 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
"Obsessed" starring by Beyoncé,Ali Larter and Idris Elba.
i watched it last night on HBO Asia.
it was lame. but Beyoncé looked pretty.
She always does ;)
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels