Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948518 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #495 on: June 12, 2010, 11:07:22 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
saw karate kid tonight (i hate calling it that, since they do kung fu, and in many countries it is being released as kung fu kid).  it was a GREAT movie.  by far superior to the "original".  great storyline and outstanding fighting.  very authentic fighting, which the original severely lacked.

the original was a classic for many reasons, but this one is superior to it imo.

(some may say i am biased bc i study kung fu)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 11:17:16 PM by dark_lord »

« Reply #496 on: June 12, 2010, 11:52:49 PM »

Offline lovely_20

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
  • Jesus Saves
I saw "Hoosiers" for the first time the other night, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It amazed me that such a small high school could win the state championship. (and the h.s. I graduated from had 30 kids in my class!)  :)
"Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?""

Jesus Shuttlesworth, "He Got Game"

« Reply #497 on: June 13, 2010, 12:16:10 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
saw karate kid tonight (i hate calling it that, since they do kung fu, and in many countries it is being released as kung fu kid).  it was a GREAT movie.  by far superior to the "original".  great storyline and outstanding fighting.  very authentic fighting, which the original severely lacked.

the original was a classic for many reasons, but this one is superior to it imo.

Yeah was a truly great movie. I can't believe it was so good. Jayden Smith is turning into a really great young actor. Those asian/chinese child actors were amazing athletes. Jackie Chan was on point. Just a great movie. Defintely recommended.

Edit: Also saw prince of Persia which was good, but nothing special except for that 1 actress :x

« Reply #498 on: June 13, 2010, 12:18:39 AM »

Offline lovely_20

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
  • Jesus Saves
Jayden Smith is turning into a really great young actor.

Like father, like son.  ;)
"Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?""

Jesus Shuttlesworth, "He Got Game"

« Reply #499 on: June 13, 2010, 01:39:50 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
saw karate kid tonight (i hate calling it that, since they do kung fu, and in many countries it is being released as kung fu kid).  it was a GREAT movie.  by far superior to the "original".  great storyline and outstanding fighting.  very authentic fighting, which the original severely lacked.

Yeah was a truly great movie. I can't believe it was so good. Jayden Smith is turning into a really great young actor. Those asian/chinese child actors were amazing athletes. Jackie Chan was on point. Just a great movie. Defintely recommended.

Edit: Also saw prince of Persia which was good, but nothing special except for that 1 actress :x

Saw it tonight also and enjoyed it. It doesn't have the quintessential "sweep the leg" line or Bobby's infamous "Put em in a bodybag Johnny!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!" The fact that these kids are much younger than the kids in the original which had a high school setting. I was impressed to see kids performing stuntwork like that at that age. If you really wanna see the high school remake of The Karate Kid watch a move called Never Back Down with Djimon Hounsou which was also good movie.

Also saw the A-Team which I thought worked well too. In Rampage Jackson's first foray into acting I thought he did quite well but Sharlto Copley stole the show as Murdock.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #500 on: June 13, 2010, 02:32:04 AM »

Offline Papatrichs

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Shrek... the Finals  ;D

The Wrestler - Mickey Rourke

« Reply #501 on: June 14, 2010, 03:31:05 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Das Boot - It's loooong (around 3.5 hours), but it's worth it.  Definitely the best submarine movie I've ever seen.  If you have a big screen and surround sound (which I don't), I bet it's incredible.  Hi-fi fanatics say it has some of the best sound effects you can get on DVD.  I also think it would've been great to see when it first came out.  Since I've seen so many sub movies rip it off, it didn't have quite the same effect for me.

Passion of the Christ - Pretty intense, but not quite as gruesome as the hype suggested.  I do like Gibson as a film maker, and he did a good job of capturing that time period.  The devil character was creepy as well.

Come and See - Russian WWII movie from the mid 80s.  Critics loved it, I just didn't see it.  Bad acting was only topped by bad editing.  The movie uses way too many close-ups.  The third act is good, and it has some haunting images, but this one is for WWII buffs only.

Changling - Clint Eastwood may be the best mainstream director out there.  This is another winner.  Not at the level of Million Dollar Baby or Unforgiven, but still very good.  Great casting.  Angelina Jolie also does a fine job.

« Reply #502 on: June 14, 2010, 03:38:13 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Jayden Smith is turning into a really great young actor.

Like father, like son.  ;)

He was great in his very first movie, and has a long successful career in front of him, along with a good solid, talent-packed, loving family that supports him. Love his Dad, his Mom and him as well ... all great actors and wonderful people.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #503 on: June 14, 2010, 04:36:04 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Wolfman:  Cack
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #504 on: June 14, 2010, 09:27:44 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
The Karate Kid (2010) - Awesome film. I too, felt it is overall better than the original. (You can't beat Mr. Miyagi). This one was all about the "Karate Kid" and the new film portrayed the lead character better, more of a front and center type of focus.

* The training montages were better, longer, and more intricate.

* The cinematography & visuals of China were breath taking and shot so well compared to the original's visuals.

* The overall musical score is terrific, though there isn't that one superb theme track.

* Acting performances by Jaden and Jackie were strong.

* Fight scenes were well choreographed and felt more brutal & intense. (I wonder how Will and Jada felt watching their son get crushed and beaten down over and over!!)

Overall, one of the great films of 2010, right up there with How to Train Your Dragon.

« Reply #505 on: June 14, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Iron Man 2

entertaining I guess

Yup

« Reply #506 on: June 14, 2010, 10:49:26 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Cars.

for 1,238,498 time.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #507 on: June 15, 2010, 10:57:52 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
OK so I was a big Karate Kid doubter.  But after reading all the positive responses on this site I went and checked it out.   It's GOOD.  Way better than I expected.

I also just saw The Road.  Awesome movie.  Harsh, but awesome.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #508 on: June 15, 2010, 11:01:40 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
OK so I was a big Karate Kid doubter.  But after reading all the positive responses on this site I went and checked it out.   It's GOOD.  Way better than I expected.

Best movie I have seen in years.

« Reply #509 on: June 15, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73

Best movie I have seen in years.
The Road right?   Certainly the best movie I've seen in a looong time.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.