Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948813 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #465 on: June 06, 2010, 10:47:21 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
I really enjoyed this one.  A very interesting look at grief and at the lives of two men broken by one act.
I liked it too. Both actors carried the film well.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #466 on: June 06, 2010, 10:58:54 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Last Chance Harvey (Dustin Hoffman, Emma Thompsen)
It was decent; acted very well.  I liked it better than I thought I would.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #467 on: June 06, 2010, 11:02:37 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
going to see this next weekend and looking forward to it very much!

Me, too, (as you would probably guess, DL) ... Jaden Smith is an amazing little actor, and surely making his dad (Will) very proud. He probably loved getting to work with Jackie ... can you imagine? Wow ... a little kid's dream!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #468 on: June 06, 2010, 11:10:31 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

Me, too, (as you would probably guess, DL) ... Jaden Smith is an amazing little actor, and surely making his dad (Will) very proud. He probably loved getting to work with Jackie ... can you imagine? Wow ... a little kid's dream!

definitely.  jackie said that jaden worked his butt off...8 hrs a day on training.  he said he dedication, athleticism, and how quickly he picked up on things were all amazing. 

the only thing that kills me is the title.  it is kung fu, not karate.  takes place in china, not japan. 

« Reply #469 on: June 06, 2010, 11:14:47 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

definitely.  jackie said that jaden worked his butt off...8 hrs a day on training.  he said he dedication, athleticism, and how quickly he picked up on things were all amazing. 

the only thing that kills me is the title.  it is kung fu, not karate.  takes place in china, not japan. 

Yeah, that bugged me, too ... from what I hear it doesn't follow the original "Karate Kid" story-line very closely, other than the original premise, but I guess they still wanted to tap into the popularity of the first one ... too bad, I think it would've done just as well, if not better, if they'd let it stand on it's own.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #470 on: June 06, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

Yeah, that bugged me, too ... from what I hear it doesn't follow the original "Karate Kid" story-line very closely, other than the original premise, but I guess they still wanted to tap into the popularity of the first one ... too bad, I think it would've done just as well, if not better, if they'd let it stand on it's own.

co-sign  :)

« Reply #471 on: June 06, 2010, 11:45:38 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
and............

cars.

again.

( I am starting to think i can say the dialogues by memory)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #472 on: June 06, 2010, 11:53:26 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Has anyone seen "Splice" yet? I've heard it is an excellent sci-fi creature-feature, dealing with genetics and mutation.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #473 on: June 06, 2010, 12:04:57 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I just saw Prince of Persia.  I thought it was entertaining.  It was basically like a Middle Eastern version of Pirates of Carribbean.  Lots of actions, a easy storyline to follow, not bloody and again, enough action and comedy to get you interested throughout the movie.  It is not a great movie or deep that is gonna question the meaning of life, but it is entertaining enough to watch.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #474 on: June 06, 2010, 12:39:49 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
state of play

« Reply #475 on: June 06, 2010, 12:52:18 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Just saw "get him to the Greek".

Kind of funny but far to much awkward silence... It seems like they were trying to improv in a lot of the scenes but they just failed.

6/10

« Reply #476 on: June 06, 2010, 12:55:48 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
about to watch "Bullitt" on blu ray

is it any good?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #477 on: June 06, 2010, 12:57:12 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73

Wow.   Sorry to 2 of my favorite posters... But this movie looks so so SO so bad.   :P ;D    But really though...it does
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #478 on: June 06, 2010, 01:29:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Has anyone seen "Splice" yet? I've heard it is an excellent sci-fi creature-feature, dealing with genetics and mutation.

Oh Man Bahku...Saw it last night.  A huge disappointment.  It got very hokey, and the science aspect was either largely glossed over totally implausible.  Now, I know you need to have some lee way in sci-fi movies, but this one took a lot of liberties.  

I like both the lead actors too, but umm, not much to work with here.  The mutation was kind of interesting I guess, but I was looking for much more spooky and less hokey.

People on the way out of the theater were pretty much saying things like, "Wellll, I've seen worse." or "I can't believe so and said it was good."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 01:37:18 PM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #479 on: June 07, 2010, 07:38:42 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Just watched Alfred Hitchcock's Lifeboat(1944). It was based on a John Steinbeck story about, well, a lifeboat from a American ship destroyed by a German torpedo. I was surprised at how well it holds up for a film that is entirely set in a lifeboat, but that's Hitchcock's genius for you. It reminded me a lot of the TV show Lost because of similar themes of not knowing who to trust and paranoia. Great film though, and I recommend it to all fans of Alfred Hitchcock's work, suspense films, and older war films in general.