Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948695 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #435 on: May 01, 2010, 01:00:16 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
(500) Days of Summer. Good movie.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #436 on: May 01, 2010, 01:02:09 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
(500) Days of Summer. Good movie.

The scene with the hall and oats song was priceless.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #437 on: May 01, 2010, 01:06:15 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Last of the Mohicans

Just watched it again for the umpteenth time & still wow----Hopefully been mentioned here a hundred times but if you haven't seen it--moving, powerful, historic--great acting, great music, great story--movie making at its best>

Thanks for reminding me ... it's been too long since I watched it ... Daniel Day-Lewis in an awesome role. (TP)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #438 on: May 01, 2010, 01:07:46 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
how to train your dragon....good but did not live up to my expectations!!

I really enjoyed it ... good 3D. Very predictable, but for plain fun entertainment factor, I think it came through.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #439 on: May 01, 2010, 01:27:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Death At A Funeral....it was like most Chris Rock movies....there were times where I was almost crying I was laughing so hard, and times where I found it tedious. I do however recommend it.

« Reply #440 on: May 01, 2010, 01:53:15 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Death At A Funeral....it was like most Chris Rock movies....there were times where I was almost crying I was laughing so hard, and times where I found it tedious. I do however recommend it.

Have you seen the original? I did, and I thought that one was hilarious for the most part, but I;d like to know how the two compare.

« Reply #441 on: May 01, 2010, 01:55:19 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Have you seen the original? I did, and I thought that one was hilarious for the most part, but I;d like to know how the two compare.

my friend just asked me the same thing on facebook. I haven't seen it but he said it was also awesome, so I guess I will check it out.

« Reply #442 on: May 01, 2010, 02:39:39 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Up In The Air. Loved it.

« Reply #443 on: May 27, 2010, 09:15:43 AM »

Kiorrik

Prince of Persia.

Disney film. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10, 7 if you haven't seen any trailers.

It's not all that, though it tries to be, but gets ruined by Disney; simple story, predictable and ... well sorry I'll just have to keep it at "simple story". It's *that* simple. There's just nothing to it. All the elements for a great film are there (time travel, great setting, solid actors) but then they end up using time-travel three times or so, for way too simple reasons, and in the end they just set time back to before anything happened and all is well.

I mean come on.

Bad form.

Go see it yourself, but don't pay for any 3D or Imax versions. Oh, and go see Iron Man 2. That was absolutely awesome.

Actually:

Iron man 2

Right, if you like a super hero that actually LIKES being one, that doesn't have any "oh it's so hard being responsible and blablabla" bull to cope with, go see it. It's a super hero that likes hot chicks, fancy cars and lots of booze. He's got a conscience, but he's absolutely out of control and darn stubborn.

The villain is cool, Mikky Rourke is an awesome presence and is really fun to watch in his role. This is one of the films where Samuel L Jackson actually did NOT irritate me.

I'd give it a 8.6 out of 10. Maybe a bit higher. I'll have to see it again ;)

Oh and I just killed a cockroach the size of a flippin' reindeer.

« Reply #444 on: June 04, 2010, 11:04:28 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Unthinkable. Not bad.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #445 on: June 04, 2010, 11:54:52 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

The Road (2009):

This movie was everything I've ever wanted to see in an Apocalypse-based movie. I'm tired of the cliche scenes of national monuments being destroyed, happy endings where the main characters discovers a place where many people are safe and sound, characters still looking like they do their makeup every morning and you wouldn't know that the human race is dying off at a rapid pace, and narrow escapes made by the main character.

This movie did not have anything like that. This movie was gruesome, and also probably the most realistic disaster film ever made. Even though this is the film I've been waiting for, I don't think I would recommend it to anybody and I don't think I'll be watching it again for a long time.

3.5 out of 4 stars

The Cove (2009):

Similar to "The Road" in that some scenes are almost unbearable. This documentary informs the world of a secret cove in Taiji Japan where dolphins are being slaughtered at a dangerous rate. This is a tricky review because I don't want to give away any facts. I will just say that this film won "Best Documentary" at this year's Academy Awards, and I consider it to be the best documentary I've ever seen.

4 out of 4 stars

« Reply #446 on: June 04, 2010, 12:01:37 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

The Road (2009):

This movie was everything I've ever wanted to see in an Apocalypse-based movie. I'm tired of the cliche scenes of national monuments being destroyed, happy endings where the main characters discovers a place where many people are safe and sound, characters still looking like they do their makeup every morning and you wouldn't know that the human race is dying off at a rapid pace, and narrow escapes made by the main character.

This movie did not have anything like that. This movie was gruesome, and also probably the most realistic disaster film ever made. Even though this is the film I've been waiting for, I don't think I would recommend it to anybody and I don't think I'll be watching it again for a long time.

3.5 out of 4 stars

The Cove (2009):

Similar to "The Road" in that some scenes are almost unbearable. This documentary informs the world of a secret cove in Taiji Japan where dolphins are being slaughtered at a dangerous rate. This is a tricky review because I don't want to give away any facts. I will just say that this film won "Best Documentary" at this year's Academy Awards, and I consider it to be the best documentary I've ever seen.

4 out of 4 stars

Read The Road Matt. It is a great book. Ive seen the movie too which is a good film but the book is much better and left me feeling hopeful rather than despondent as the movie did.

« Reply #447 on: June 04, 2010, 12:02:41 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

The Road (2009):

3.5 out of 4 stars

I watched this the other night, as well.  I thought it was very well done.  I figured that it would be hard to match the tone of the book, but I think they did a good job of it.  It's a sad and bleak movie in a lot of ways, but I think the true love between a father and a son comes across well.

If you like slow, atmospheric movies, I'd recommend this one.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #448 on: June 04, 2010, 12:08:19 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

The Road (2009):

3.5 out of 4 stars

I watched this the other night, as well.  I thought it was very well done.  I figured that it would be hard to match the tone of the book, but I think they did a good job of it.  It's a sad and bleak movie in a lot of ways, but I think the true love between a father and a son comes across well.

If you like slow, atmospheric movies, I'd recommend this one.

Yeah, really liked it as well. Speaking of "slow, atmospheric" movies, this is an exceptional one ... seriously a cinematic work of art, and an exceptional movie in every way. (An intense murder mystery, as well as a love story).

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #449 on: June 04, 2010, 12:37:36 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Napoleon Dynamite....again.

KG was outplayed by Tina last night and I was trying to figure out if Napoleon mixed any steroids in Tina's food....

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi