Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 954028 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #375 on: April 04, 2010, 12:35:24 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Frost/Nixon was pretty solid. Watched it last weekend on HBO. Not entirely historically accurate, but Frank Langella did a nice job of capturing Nixon's creepy mannerisms and possible motivation.

This was Nixon's first interview after he resigned and agreed to be paid to be interviewed by this British celebrity journalist who he assumed was a lightweight.

In the movie, Frost takes Nixon down and crushes his spirit. Not completely the way it happened in RL. But entertaining nonetheless.

Captivating movie...  I thought Langella played a better Nixon than Nixon did. :)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #376 on: April 04, 2010, 12:48:47 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Saw "How To Train Your Dragon" in 3D this week ... really enjoyed it, actually. It's obviously not big on substance, but entertainment value is very high, and it's got a good message. I'd give it a B+. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #377 on: April 04, 2010, 03:00:00 AM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Saw Clash of the Titans last night. Loved the original...this one not so much. Technologically it was great but I just wasn't feeling the storyline. If you must see it don't waste your money on the 3D as it was virtually non existent.

I mimic this to the T.  The 3D was horrid.  Very very dispointed I think they took way to much out of the original.  They had a chance to make a winner out of this and failed miserably. 

« Reply #378 on: April 04, 2010, 03:03:34 AM »

Kiorrik

Yes Man

Just another Jim Carey movie. Don't watch it unless you're in the mood for one of them.

« Reply #379 on: April 04, 2010, 09:57:51 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
angels and demons
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #380 on: April 04, 2010, 10:00:32 AM »

Offline Locomotive Breath

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
I watched "Chinatown" a great movie classic, seen it I don't know how many times but still captivating. My second favorate Jack Nicholson film right behind "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".

« Reply #381 on: April 04, 2010, 10:34:45 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Adventureland. O.k movie, nothing special.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #382 on: April 07, 2010, 10:47:04 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Saw Clash of the Titans last night. Loved the original...this one not so much. Technologically it was great but I just wasn't feeling the storyline. If you must see it don't waste your money on the 3D as it was virtually non existent.

I mimic this to the T.  The 3D was horrid.  Very very dispointed I think they took way to much out of the original.  They had a chance to make a winner out of this and failed miserably. 

I saw it tonight in 2D.  I thought it was okay.  Certainly nothing great, but I'd say it was pretty good.

The problem with the 3D, from what I understand, is that they sort of tacked it on in post-production, for a movie that was never envisioned as 3D during the filming process.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #383 on: April 07, 2010, 10:48:05 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

I saw it tonight in 2D.  I thought it was okay.  Certainly nothing great, but I'd say it was pretty good.

The problem with the 3D, from what I understand, is that they sort of tacked it on in post-production, for a movie that was never envisioned as 3D during the filming process.

cars again.

of course i saw alice last weekend a little late i know on 3d... i really like it

and cars again
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #384 on: April 07, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »

Kiorrik

I just saw... *drumroll*

Hoosiers!

No rly. For the first time. I had it in my possession for at least a year, but I used to start watching it after basketball games, and after falling asleep 5 minutes into the movie on 4 occasions, I thought I'd call it quits. Today I watched most of it before the game, and the last bit afterward.

It's alright. Not an awesome, great, fantastic movie, but one you've got to see nonetheless, when you're a basketball fan.

I had some giggles, at some of the acting too :p But hey, it's old ;)

« Reply #385 on: April 07, 2010, 11:06:07 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Hoosiers!

It's alright. Not an awesome, great, fantastic movie, but one you've got to see nonetheless, when you're a basketball fan.

In other news, Kiorrik has had his mod privileges revoked.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #386 on: April 07, 2010, 11:06:47 PM »

Kiorrik

Hoosiers!

In other news, Kiorrik has had his mod privileges revoked.
Hahahaha, some things you can see coming from miles away :')

« Reply #387 on: April 07, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
Adventureland. O.k movie, nothing special.

agreed...decent...nothing great
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #388 on: April 08, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I watched "Chinatown" a great movie classic, seen it I don't know how many times but still captivating. My second favorate Jack Nicholson film right behind "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".

Anyone ever watched the Two Jakes?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #389 on: April 08, 2010, 12:22:16 PM »

Kiorrik

@ Chief, nope, not that I know of :)

Coach Carter

Very Hoosier-like, but less good, more polished, "newer" basketball, more teaching, less drama.

There. That's a nice & short recap.