Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 952942 times)

kraidstar and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #360 on: April 02, 2010, 06:13:27 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
The Elephant Man (3.5 out of 4) - Extremely sad movie... As far as David Lynch movies, I've only seen this and Lost Highway, and I would say so far this is my favorite Lynch movie. Extremely good acting by Anthony Hopkins and John Hurt. If you haven't seen this and you like Lynch movies or any of the actors involved or want to know about Joseph Merrick's life the movie is free on hulu right now... so check it out.

Check out Blue Velvet and The Strait Story as soon as you can.  Both of those are fantastic.  Both are Lynch movies, and they're about as different as two movies can be.

« Reply #361 on: April 02, 2010, 06:28:51 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes

'Away We Go'. Very good little Sam Mendes movie about life, with good comedy moments and great cast.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #362 on: April 02, 2010, 10:19:27 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
'Away We Go'. Very good little Sam Mendes movie about life, with good comedy moments and great cast.

Yes, I mentioned this movie before in this forum.  In fact, its the last movie I saw in a movie theater -- I just find theater tix too expensive.  Thought it much better than some of the movies nominated for best pic (which I have subsequently seen on DVD or VOD).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #363 on: April 02, 2010, 10:44:57 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Edge of Darkness

« Reply #364 on: April 02, 2010, 02:39:38 PM »

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Saw Clash of the Titans last night. Loved the original...this one not so much. Technologically it was great but I just wasn't feeling the storyline. If you must see it don't waste your money on the 3D as it was virtually non existent.

« Reply #365 on: April 02, 2010, 02:55:08 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Finally saw "Where the Wild Things Are" with my girls.  Like most Spike Jonze stuff, it was strange and enjoyable.

« Reply #366 on: April 02, 2010, 03:50:03 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Hot Tub Time Machine. The movie was very funny. If you lived through the 80s and like crude comedies (think American Pie) you'll probably like this movie.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #367 on: April 02, 2010, 05:32:02 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Watched Sherlock Holmes last night.  I went to the theater twice to see this and I absolutely LOVE it.  Can't wait for the sequel...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 05:54:16 PM by Andy Jick »
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #368 on: April 02, 2010, 05:34:27 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I watched Sherlock Holmes as well last night and yup pretty darn good movie.

« Reply #369 on: April 03, 2010, 06:53:59 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Weird... I watched Sherlock Holmes last night...

I liked it but I didn't love it. I gave it a 3 out of 4. I'm going to have to go back and watch it again because I was sick and took some benadryl and then forced myself to stay awake while watching Sherlock Holmes... the accents were already difficult enough but my drowsiness certainly didn't help. It was basically what I expected it to be based on other opinions I've heard.

« Reply #370 on: April 03, 2010, 07:19:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Watched Sherlock Holmes last night.  I went to the theater twice to see this and I absolutely LOVE it.  Can't wait for the sequel...

Agreed.  I loved it.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #371 on: April 03, 2010, 07:57:41 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I just finished watching Star Wars (the original) with my daughter.  She was seeing it for the first time, and I hadn't sat through the entire thing in a long time. She loved it, and it was a lot of fun to watch it with her.  Still a very fun movie.  Most of it has held very well over time. 

I saw "How to Train Your Dragon" in the theater the other day, and really enjoyed it.  One of the better animated movies I've been to see with my kids.
Yup

« Reply #372 on: April 03, 2010, 09:17:40 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
Frost/Nixon was pretty solid. Watched it last weekend on HBO. Not entirely historically accurate, but Frank Langella did a nice job of capturing Nixon's creepy mannerisms and possible motivation.

This was Nixon's first interview after he resigned and agreed to be paid to be interviewed by this British celebrity journalist who he assumed was a lightweight.

In the movie, Frost takes Nixon down and crushes his spirit. Not completely the way it happened in RL. But entertaining nonetheless.

« Reply #373 on: April 03, 2010, 09:46:54 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Flipping back and forth between the Duke / WV game and Seven

Brad Pitt's about to get the box  :o :o :o
Yup

« Reply #374 on: April 03, 2010, 10:22:17 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
watched taking Woodstock - it was ok... didn't have as much plot development as I thought it could have, and it kinda left you at the end.  I didn't feel like much really happened over the course of the movie. 
When you love life, life loves you right back