Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948812 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #345 on: March 26, 2010, 01:11:26 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I loved Brothers. Great movie, well acted by everyone.

Natalie Portman is the most beautiful actress of our time. I'm not talking like Alba pretty or Biel pretty...those are different. Portman is a refined kind of pretty, and an amazing actress.

I watched "The Blind Side" for the second time tonight. I found it does not bear nearly as well through repeat performances.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #346 on: March 31, 2010, 10:02:31 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
The Elephant Man (3.5 out of 4) - Extremely sad movie... As far as David Lynch movies, I've only seen this and Lost Highway, and I would say so far this is my favorite Lynch movie. Extremely good acting by Anthony Hopkins and John Hurt. If you haven't seen this and you like Lynch movies or any of the actors involved or want to know about Joseph Merrick's life the movie is free on hulu right now... so check it out.

Brothers (3 out of 4) - Very well acted all around. Tobey Maguire in particular was amazing. I would have liked it to have been a little longer, they could have shown us a little bit more interaction between the Brothers since the name of the movie is Brothers. I wasn't particularly happy with ending... it was okay but it could have been much better. I will partly agree with what IP said about Natalie Portman... she's at the top of my list along with Keira Knightley and Mila Kunis.

Gone With the Wind (4 out of 4 *Perfect Movie*) - As usual... everytime I see a movie and give it 4 out 4 stars I have nothing to say about it. It was just perfect all around.

« Reply #347 on: March 31, 2010, 10:09:43 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
The last movie I watched (a very bad one) was 'Robbed'. It's about 3 moron referees that were sent by an evil organization to fix basketball games.

*Based on a real story
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #348 on: March 31, 2010, 10:14:12 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
The last movie I watched was 'Robbed'. It's about 3 moron referees that were sent by an evil organization to fix basketball games.

*Based on a real story

TP, that was funny.

Last movie I saw was Up In Air, which I thought was pretty good.
Others might think the title refers to where the Cs championship hopes are headed...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #349 on: March 31, 2010, 10:27:34 PM »

Kiorrik

The last movie I watched (a very bad one) was 'Robbed'. It's about 3 moron referees that were sent by an evil organization to fix basketball games.

*Based on a real story
Rof****, true that.

« Reply #350 on: April 01, 2010, 10:48:59 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I watched Law Abiding Citizen last night.  It was decent enough, but I've got to be honest:  I was rooting for the villain.

Overall, though, it was good enough.  I would have given it three stars, up until the end, which reduced it to probably two and a half.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #351 on: April 01, 2010, 10:49:26 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

*Based on a real story
Rof****, true that.

Yeah, funny stuff.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #352 on: April 01, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »

Kiorrik

Alice in Wonderland, that 3D version in the cinema.

Disappointing. I thought it was meager, certainly not one of Tim Burton's better works. Nothing stood out to me in a good way, so I'll go with the bad;

- The story.
Okay, so you're not going to go for the old storyline, but for a sequel, so that you've got more freedom. Subsequently, you proceed to use half the storyline from the original, and add nothing "new". I mean, in the first half an hour or so you tell us what's going to happen, and that's actually what happens. No twists, nothing. Also, what's with the Disney-esque ending? I face-palmed in shame when I watched it.

- The 3D.
It added nothing. Literally nothing. I was really amazed at first, for it was the first time I saw the "new" 3D. Well, save for one scene (the final battle) I thought it was rather bland. I really don't think I'd have felt different about this movie had it been the regular 2D version.

I'm really struggling to find anything else to talk about, because I feel like I should. This is a Tim Burton movie, with Johnny Depp, with Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway and heck, it had the voices of Martin Sheen, Alan Rickman and Christopher Lee!

All of the above made me giddy, and I think that's what made this ship fail to sail.

Too bad, this story had so much potential.

« Reply #353 on: April 01, 2010, 11:14:12 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
A Serious Man.

One of the Coen Brothers best IMO.  Beautiful movie with great sound and even better characters.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #354 on: April 01, 2010, 11:15:39 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
The Blind Side. Now I see what all the nominations were for. If I saw that lady in real life I would go up and give her a big hug. What a great story. Great example of the difference one person can make. You can't change the world, but you can sure change one person's world.

« Reply #355 on: April 01, 2010, 11:24:47 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
The Blind Side. Now I see what all the nominations were for. If I saw that lady in real life I would go up and give her a big hug. What a great story. Great example of the difference one person can make. You can't change the world, but you can sure change one person's world.

I thought that movie was pretty corny to be honest.  It is a great story (I read the book a while back and loved it).  I just thought they could have done so much more with the movie.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #356 on: April 01, 2010, 11:41:56 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Disappointing. I thought it was meager, certainly not one of Tim Burton's better works. Nothing stood out to me in a good way, so I'll go with the bad;

- The story.
Okay, so you're not going to go for the old storyline, but for a sequel, so that you've got more freedom. Subsequently, you proceed to use half the storyline from the original, and add nothing "new". I mean, in the first half an hour or so you tell us what's going to happen, and that's actually what happens. No twists, nothing. Also, what's with the Disney-esque ending? I face-palmed in shame when I watched it.

- The 3D.
It added nothing. Literally nothing. I was really amazed at first, for it was the first time I saw the "new" 3D. Well, save for one scene (the final battle) I thought it was rather bland. I really don't think I'd have felt different about this movie had it been the regular 2D version.

I'm really struggling to find anything else to talk about, because I feel like I should. This is a Tim Burton movie, with Johnny Depp, with Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway and heck, it had the voices of Martin Sheen, Alan Rickman and Christopher Lee!

All of the above made me giddy, and I think that's what made this ship fail to sail.

Too bad, this story had so much potential.

I didn't mind a lot of it until the ending. Johnny Depp Breakdancing? I mean...whaa?

I thought that Helena Carter was the Red Queen was awesome. I thought that Johnny Depp was 80% awesome. I really liked Alan Rickman's Cheshire voice...

But it all came together so strangely. Like a poorly wrapped christmas present. The ending was not at all enjoyable.

And also, the 3d...it contributed NOTHING.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #357 on: April 01, 2010, 11:47:14 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Up In The Air

Funny and sad film. Really enjoyed it.

« Reply #358 on: April 02, 2010, 06:00:24 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

Yeah, the 2000s havent been kind to Tim Burton.  Dude needs to stop with the remakes.  From 85 to 95 Tim Burton had one of the better directorial decades in movie history (Pee-Wee, Ed Wood, Batman, Batman Returns, Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, Nightmare before Christmas).

« Reply #359 on: April 02, 2010, 06:03:41 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Shutter Island
Great film, had me on the edge of my seat since that woman wrote RUN in detectives notebook
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger