Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 953681 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #330 on: March 16, 2010, 11:00:43 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
A FiEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.l of Dollars & For a Few Dollars More:

3 out of 4 for both of them...

I enjoyed both movies, they were both fun to watch. Neither of them reached the same level as The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. The opposite of The Godfather trilogy which started off strong and got less strong, Leone's trilogy started off less strong and got stronger. Ennio Morricone put together awesome scores in both movies, but his best work was also featured in TG,TB,aTU. Still it would be worth it to give all 3 films a watch.

Sergio Leone made two other westerns that are pretty good also.
They are Once Upon a time in the West and A FiEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.l of Dynamite .
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #331 on: March 16, 2010, 11:09:31 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
A FiEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.l of Dollars & For a Few Dollars More:

I enjoyed both movies, they were both fun to watch. Neither of them reached the same level as The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. The opposite of The Godfather trilogy which started off strong and got less strong, Leone's trilogy started off less strong and got stronger. Ennio Morricone put together awesome scores in both movies, but his best work was also featured in TG,TB,aTU. Still it would be worth it to give all 3 films a watch.

They are Once Upon a time in the West and A FiEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.l of Dynamite .

Funny, we were talking about "Once Upon A Time .." a while ago ... great movie ... Henry Fonda as the Bad Guy, and I had such a crush on Claudia Cardinale after that movie. ;)

Last I watched at home:

Sum of All Fears - B+

Sayonara -              A

AVP 2 -                    C-/D+

Roxanne -              A-

- Sayonara, starring Brando and directed by one of my all-time favorites, Joshua Logan ... Incredible movie.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #332 on: March 16, 2010, 11:43:17 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

Once Upon a Time in the West is on my long list of movies to pick up. A FiEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.l of Dynamite is not. No buying movies for me until the fall though. I spend my extra money on movies in the fall and winter. I spend it on golf in the spring and summer. Since a lot of the golf courses around me have just opened up and I'm at a perfect number of movies to stop at (250), I'm gonna focus on golf for a while now.

« Reply #333 on: March 16, 2010, 02:55:38 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Had an Oscar week with the gf last week - watched Up, Inglorious Basterds, and District 9.  Hadn't seen the first 2 and gf hadn't seen any of em.

I really liked Up - great visuals and a lot of fun.  And it got a little dusty during the beginning sequence showing Carl and Ellie's life together.  Great character arc for Carl too.

Inglorious Basterds I enjoyed even more, despite QT as usual streeeeetching every scene out as long as possible.  Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't, but it was brilliant overall. 

What really got to me though was the obvious parallels between the movie the Nazis watched and the movie Inglorious Basterds itself - the nearly identical number of victims (~300 in both the sniper movie and the theater), the carving of a swastika as a big crowdpleaser, the celebration of extraordinary brutality toward a hated enemy.  A lot of themes of dehumanization throughout - Tarantino did a brilliant job of alternately reminding us of the humanity of the Nazis (the soldier in the bar with the newborn son, for example) and getting us to cheer as they're butchered on screen.  Looking forward to finding time to see it again.

« Reply #334 on: March 17, 2010, 04:55:56 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
I just bought some movies from a Pawn Shop (great place to get some btw, 1st time I had ever been, kind of shady...pawn shops in middle of nowhere north carolina)

Here's what I came out with:
1.) Trainspotting
2.) Intermission
3.) The Lookout
4.) Three Kings
5.) Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
6.) Get Shorty
7.) The Departed

I've seen Three Kings and the Departed

Anyone else seen any of these others?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:26:34 PM by bigtyc55 »

« Reply #335 on: March 17, 2010, 06:51:20 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
I just bought some movies from a Pawn Shop (great place to get some btw, 1st time I had ever been, kind of shady...pawn shops in middle of nowhere north carolina)

Here's what I came out with:
1.) Trainspotting
2.) Intermission
3.) The Lookout
4.) Three Kings
5.) Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
6.) Get Shorty
7.) The Departed

I've seen Three Kings and the Departed

Anyone else seen any of these others?

I've seen The Departed, and The Lookout. I've only heard good things about Trainspotting.

The Lookout stars (500) Days of Summer's Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I would consider it his "breakout" role. It's too bad it really went under the radar. It was a very good plot with great acting from Levitt and mediocre acting everywhere else. I gave it a 3.5 out of 4 overall, but I think I need to re-watch it because I think I might change that to a 3. It's definitely worth the watch though.

I just recently watched...

Dr. Strangelove: 3.5 - TP to RAcker, as I always do after watching a Kubrick film. What an outstanding job by Peter Sellers. I enjoyed this movie very much.

The Basketball Diaries: 3.0 - Leonardo DiCaprio was awesome in this film about drug use. However the film falls short to Requiem For a Dream. RFAD is by far the superior drug story. Also, from what I hear Trainspotting is better as well. The Basketball Diaries was worth the watch though. The fact that it was a true story was amazing.

« Reply #336 on: March 20, 2010, 07:29:06 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
'About a Boy'. One of the best Hugh Grant movies.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #337 on: March 20, 2010, 07:56:20 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Cars again.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #338 on: March 20, 2010, 08:11:07 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Shutter Island. A brilliant movie, I was litterally in it from start to finish, awesome atmosphere, awesome actors and awesome story!

The twist is freakin' brilliant and it makes you reconsider the entire movie. Just after you've left the theater you want to watch it again.

Really the best movie I've seen in these past months!

« Reply #339 on: March 20, 2010, 08:31:01 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Shutter Island. A brilliant movie, I was litterally in it from start to finish, awesome atmosphere, awesome actors and awesome story!

The twist is freakin' brilliant and it makes you reconsider the entire movie. Just after you've left the theater you want to watch it again.

Really the best movie I've seen in these past months!

TP  I LOVED it.  I actually had to go back a 2nd time.   ;D  It was kinda like the Sixth Sense in that it's a whole different experience once you actually know what's going on.

And a TP to MattG for Basketball Diaries. 

2 of Leo's best for sure.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #340 on: March 20, 2010, 08:32:53 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Saw Brooklyn's Finest the other night.  I enjoyed it, but man was it brutal.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #341 on: March 20, 2010, 08:55:30 PM »

Kiorrik

The Exorcist, "Version You've Never Seen".

That's what it's called anyway. Man, this film is horrible. In the best sense of the word; it's scary.

« Reply #342 on: March 22, 2010, 07:35:48 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
Get Shorty - a really good underrated movie, a lot of fun, great script, really funny characters, especially Gene Hackman. I'd really say this is a perfect movie. There's nothing wrong about it, except I wanted more. I could watch it over and over. 9/10

Adaptation. - easily the most original/creative movie I have ever seen. A really funny, crazy, ingenious movie. Nic Cage is completely different than anything you've seen him do before. He plays two people. these two twin brothers. About the real life screenwriter, Charlie Kauffman, and his difficult time adapting a book about flowers to a real motion picture. So its based on a real adaptation process, but has its own creativity and story that actually is fiction as well. A very unique movie. 8/10.

Trainspotting - I had never seen it before and didn't really know what to expect, but wow did I ever miss out on not seeing this before. Amazing. Just a fast paced, hilarious, stylish, at times disgusting. It will have its rough spots, as it is very crude and dirty. But the thing I loved the most were the characters. You felt disgusted by them and hated them, but you also felt pity and sadness for them. Renton, the main character played by Ewan McGregor, has to be one of my favorite all time characters now. The ending is brilliant by the way.

« Reply #343 on: March 26, 2010, 12:55:05 AM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Just saw Brothers with Tobey Maguire, Natalie Portman, and Jake Gyllenhaal. Very good movie and GREAT performances by all 3 of the main cast, Tobey showed some range that i didnt think he had in him.

8/10

« Reply #344 on: March 26, 2010, 01:03:07 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
Just saw Brothers with Tobey Maguire, Natalie Portman, and Jake Gyllenhaal. Very good movie and GREAT performances by all 3 of the main cast, Tobey showed some range that i didnt think he had in him.

8/10

I will be buying that movie along with Avatar when Avatar comes out... I really can't wait to see Brothers though, it does look like Tobey Maguire does an awesome job in it.