Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 953991 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #315 on: March 13, 2010, 07:12:12 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Extract was a fun movie, not quite office space, but I don't think that will be topped by Mike Judge

in the middle of Watchmen, I haven't decided if I can get into it or not - the gf has an ultimatum that if I don't finish by the end of Sunday it's going back in the mail...

do others have this netflix sharing problem?

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #316 on: March 13, 2010, 09:48:51 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
I have no opinion whatsoever on Clooney. I don't love him or hate him. The only movies I can say I really like with Clooney are Up in the Air, Burn After Reading, O Brother Where Art Thou?, and The Perfect Storm. So for that reason I have no problem with you, Bahku, saying you don't like him. I understand exactly what you are saying. I do think he has lost his humbleness, but I still think he's a good actor. I do think the looks he was giving the camera were basically jokes during the Academy Awards though. After Bridges won Best Actor over him he pretended that he was mad about it for a second... he obviously didn't mean this because on the red carpet he said that even he voted for Bridges, so that has to be taken into account.

As far as you being a "sci-fi freak", if you haven't seen "Moon" yet... you need to see it. Sam Rockwell has an amazing performance. The film is directed by David Bowie's son, Duncan Jones. I found it to be far superior to District 9 in every way. Anywhere "District 9" got a nomination I think it should have been Moon. It did win a lot of British awards, including a BAFTA for Outstanding Directorial Debut. I feel that it was snubbed in every category this year, partly because nobody saw it. I feel the same way about this movie that I did about "In Bruges" last year.

Great George Clooney movie, Out of Sight. A Steven Soderbergh (Traffic, Erin Brokovich, The Ocean's Movies, The Limey, The Good German), he clearly loves Clooney in his films. Just a really funny movie and a good time. Has Don Cheadle, Steve Zahn, J-Lo, Ving Rhames.

I agree with you on Moon, best sci-fi of the year. Got snubbed, but mainly because it was released in like the summer and was limited. Sony, the distributor of the movie, really just did an awful job at getting it out there. It really is a shame, because it was tremendous. A classic sci-fi movie, not explosions and crazy plot, just a good old tribute to classic sc-fi. I only wish it could have been a little longer instead of 95 mins. Apparently Duncan Jones is making a few more movies set in the same world (time and environmental problems) as Moon. Sam Rockwell is gonna make a brief appearance in it he said.

« Reply #317 on: March 13, 2010, 10:18:58 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
Just saw Precious

An amazing story focusing on the underbelly, no-one-wants-to-talk-about stories that happen more often in the poor areas of American than we would care to know

The movie industry needs to tell more stories that ring of truth/are based on real stories that bring to the forefront the darker, sadder, actually occurring aspect of life in the areas of America that no one wants to see or acknowledge exist

Mo'Nique was simply amazing and Gabourey Sidibe was a wonder

Even Mariah Carey as the emotionally torn therapist was very good

For me, joins Boyz in the Hood as one of the best, most realistic looks at the more tragic side  of urban black America
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #318 on: March 14, 2010, 12:32:15 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Session 9 - 3 out of 4 - Has anybody seen this movie? I've been a huge fan of this movie since I first saw it on VHS when it came out in 2001 and I was 11 or 12. It's a psychological thriller with some horror aspects. The horror elements are subtle. (One person who is scared of the dark is walking in an underground tunnel when every light in the tunnel turns off one by one) To me that was a cool scene. The acting isn't very good except for the two main characters. David Caruso and Peter Mullan play the two main characters. The movie was filmed on location at Danvers State Hospital while the hospital was in it's natural state other than 2 minor things that were added.

« Reply #319 on: March 14, 2010, 01:06:12 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Dr. Strangelove - Racker. You da man.

Funniest not so funny movie I ever saw

And I gotta wonder. If the guy had opened his parachute instead of riding the bomb down would he get vaporized, or is he ok for a while cause the blast is lower down? Anyone know the nuclear physics behind that one?

« Reply #320 on: March 14, 2010, 04:44:04 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Saw Alice In Wonderland

I was impressed with 3/4 of the movie

Then ending was complete lazy tie it up quick filmmaking if I ever saw it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #321 on: March 15, 2010, 05:02:37 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Session 9 - 3 out of 4 - Has anybody seen this movie? I've been a huge fan of this movie since I first saw it on VHS when it came out in 2001 and I was 11 or 12. It's a psychological thriller with some horror aspects. The horror elements are subtle. (One person who is scared of the dark is walking in an underground tunnel when every light in the tunnel turns off one by one) To me that was a cool scene. The acting isn't very good except for the two main characters. David Caruso and Peter Mullan play the two main characters. The movie was filmed on location at Danvers State Hospital while the hospital was in it's natural state other than 2 minor things that were added.

Very, very good movie.  They did a great job for how small of a budget they had.  That director (Brad Anderson) has gone on to make The Machinist and Transsiberian, which were both good.

I watch The Entity two night ago.  It came out around 1980 or 81 and it stars Barbara Hershey.  Fantastic movie. One of the scariest movies I've seen in ages.

« Reply #322 on: March 16, 2010, 01:01:13 AM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
Shanghai Noon and Shanghai Knights

Just some really fun and humorous movies.
Love Owen Wilson and him and Jackie Chan really just cracked me up.
You may think it is just a stupid Hollywood comedy, but it is really effective.
A great blending of East and West customs/ideas and humor.
Great scenery, action, actors, with some romance and drama...but the comedy makes it!

« Reply #323 on: March 16, 2010, 01:09:39 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
A FiEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.l of Dollars & For a Few Dollars More:

3 out of 4 for both of them...

I enjoyed both movies, they were both fun to watch. Neither of them reached the same level as The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. The opposite of The Godfather trilogy which started off strong and got less strong, Leone's trilogy started off less strong and got stronger. Ennio Morricone put together awesome scores in both movies, but his best work was also featured in TG,TB,aTU. Still it would be worth it to give all 3 films a watch.

« Reply #324 on: March 16, 2010, 01:12:36 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Inglourious Basterds...watched it again for the 8th time. I love the opening scene. Christoph Waltz is an amazing actor and truly deserved the oscar. I'm a huge Quentin Tarantino fan.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 01:18:20 AM by barefacedmonk »
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #325 on: March 16, 2010, 01:41:32 AM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
The TV Set - probably give it a 7 of 10

A very smart, funny film about the process of getting a TV pilot from the paper to the screen.
it's by a guy named Jake Kasdan (co-producer of Freaks and Geeks with Jud Apatow) and this movie is actually based on Apatow.

David Duchovny plays the writer who is struggling to get his script to the screen the way he wants to. The Network, as they do so much these days, takes control and makes changes and dumbs it down to the typical American viewership nowadays. My only real complaint was that it was such a great idea and only an 88 min. film, they could have done so much more with it. Btw, Sigourney Weaver plays the Network TV Boss and his absolutely hysterical.

« Reply #326 on: March 16, 2010, 01:49:37 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
A FiEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.l of Dollars & For a Few Dollars More:

I enjoyed both movies, they were both fun to watch. Neither of them reached the same level as The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. The opposite of The Godfather trilogy which started off strong and got less strong, Leone's trilogy started off less strong and got stronger. Ennio Morricone put together awesome scores in both movies, but his best work was also featured in TG,TB,aTU. Still it would be worth it to give all 3 films a watch.

I just put it on my netflix after I googled your movie quote in the trivia thread, coulnd't stand not knowin. Decided I had to watch it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 02:01:05 AM by IndeedProceed »

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #327 on: March 16, 2010, 06:59:02 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Just saw Precious

An amazing story focusing on the underbelly, no-one-wants-to-talk-about stories that happen more often in the poor areas of American than we would care to know

The movie industry needs to tell more stories that ring of truth/are based on real stories that bring to the forefront the darker, sadder, actually occurring aspect of life in the areas of America that no one wants to see or acknowledge exist

Mo'Nique was simply amazing and Gabourey Sidibe was a wonder

Even Mariah Carey as the emotionally torn therapist was very good

For me, joins Boyz in the Hood as one of the best, most realistic looks at the more tragic side  of urban black America

Just saw Precious as well.  Quite the movie.  Well done, and MoNique definitely earned that award.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #328 on: March 16, 2010, 10:14:52 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I just put it on my netflix after I googled your movie quote in the trivia thread, coulnd't stand not knowin. Decided I had to watch it.

Wait...  people google the quotes in the movie quote thread?  The shame.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #329 on: March 16, 2010, 10:43:40 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE

Wait...  people google the quotes in the movie quote thread?  The shame.

IP didn't guess it though. It's okay to google it as long as you don't guess it.