Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 956494 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #285 on: March 09, 2010, 02:08:54 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
fish king
hangovered after a metallica concert and still
worth to watch
good one really

Awesome flick, Jeff Bridges and Robin Williams ... never got the respect it deserved, but it's now a cult classic. I'm watching "Live Free Or Die Hard" right now ... one of Jason Long's best movies, I think ... and I love most anything with Bruce Willis.

yup

I want to elaborate more
but i have to catch on naruto shippuden yugioh5d and fullmetal
i know i am a kid..lol

I'm a kid, too, Edgar ... the day we "grow up" is the day we stop enjoying life, lol! Gotta stay young at heart. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #286 on: March 09, 2010, 02:18:55 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
fish king
worth to watch
good one really

Awesome flick, Jeff Bridges and Robin Williams ... never got the respect it deserved, but it's now a cult classic. I'm watching "Live Free Or Die Hard" right now ... one of Jason Long's best movies, I think ... and I love most anything with Bruce Willis.

yup

I want to elaborate more
i know i am a kid..lol

do gifts work here
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #287 on: March 09, 2010, 08:44:48 AM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
I went to a Movie Gallery nearby going out of business, so everything was like $4, and here's what I came out with yesterday:

Adaptation.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Stranger Than Fiction
L.A. Confidential
Heat
Confidence

Haven't seen Adaption, L.A. Confidential, Heat, or Confidence...anyone care to comment?

Gonna be going back today, they just got 8,000 more movies from nearby stores...gonna hurt the cash flow of a college student :(

« Reply #288 on: March 09, 2010, 08:54:06 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I went to a Movie Gallery nearby going out of business, so everything was like $4, and here's what I came out with yesterday:

Adaptation.
Stranger Than Fiction
L.A. Confidential
Heat
Confidence

Haven't seen Adaption, L.A. Confidential, Heat, or Confidence...anyone care to comment?

Gonna be going back today, they just got 8,000 more movies from nearby stores...gonna hurt the cash flow of a college student :(

I liked Heat. I haven't see the other ones you mentioned.

« Reply #289 on: March 09, 2010, 09:21:58 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

Adaptation.
Stranger Than Fiction
L.A. Confidential
Heat
Confidence

I love Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Stranger Than Fiction... haven't seen the other ones.

« Reply #290 on: March 09, 2010, 09:32:30 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
Choke (2 out of 4 stars) - I love Sam Rockwell... he was awesome in "Moon" and "The Green Mile", he was good in "The Assassination of Jesse James" and "Choke". With that being said. Choke wasn't a very good movie. The concept was awesome, kind of like a "Basketball Diaries", or "Requiem For a Dream" type of movie except rather than drug use the story focuses on sex addicts. I think it would have worked better as a drama than a comedy. It reminded me of "The Invention of Lying" (Leading role played by somebody I really like - Sam Rockwell, Ricky Gervais... Cool concept - Sexual addiction, the invention of lying... Done terribly.)

Alpha Dog (2.5 stars) - Cool concept, I went in with low expectations... it was better than I thought it would be.

...I can't wait to watch Precious, Up in the Air, and the Boondock Saints sequel... it's gonna be a good night.

« Reply #291 on: March 09, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77
No Country For Old Men

This movie has probably been mentioned on here previously, but I just saw it for the first time last night.  It was poorly rated on netflix, and that's what I usually go by when renting movies.

But I've see just about all of the Coen brothers movies, and enjoyed them all.  They own quirky! 

This one was closest to their first movie, Blood Simple, except this one had a lot more blood.  I usually avoid bloody movies, but this one was gripping from the start.  The story and the editing kept it moving, and to me, these are two things required for a great movie.
I even found myself not hating the psycho-killer.  He had his own set of principles, but he did stick to them.

« Reply #292 on: March 09, 2010, 06:08:58 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
the Graduate... it was my first time, how sad is that?  loved it though
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #293 on: March 09, 2010, 06:49:22 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77
the Graduate... it was my first time, how sad is that?  loved it though

I saw it when it first came out, way back when.  Went out the next day and bought the Simon and Garfunkle album: Sounds of Silence.

« Reply #294 on: March 09, 2010, 06:59:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
No Country For Old Men

This movie has probably been mentioned on here previously, but I just saw it for the first time last night.  It was poorly rated on netflix, and that's what I usually go by when renting movies.

But I've see just about all of the Coen brothers movies, and enjoyed them all.  They own quirky! 

This one was closest to their first movie, Blood Simple, except this one had a lot more blood.  I usually avoid bloody movies, but this one was gripping from the start.  The story and the editing kept it moving, and to me, these are two things required for a great movie.
I even found myself not hating the psycho-killer.  He had his own set of principles, but he did stick to them.

I just re-watched it. I love that movie.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #295 on: March 09, 2010, 07:21:04 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Just saw Inglorious Basterds.  Really liked it.  Tarrentino always throws in a few gratuitous overly bloody/violent scenes which I am usually OK with.  I could have done without some of it in this one -- mostly because the story was strong enough to stand on its own.  Kill Bill needed the violence, this one not so much.  But, it was very good.

Hats off to the Fisher King mentioned earlier -- very good, but rather unheralded movie.  Great performances, compelling story.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:52:32 PM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #296 on: March 09, 2010, 07:23:31 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
The Lovely Bones. Thought it wasn't that good and was pointless.

« Reply #297 on: March 10, 2010, 04:53:40 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

Heat and L.A. Confidential are two of the best movies of the 90s.  Both are just fantastic.  Adaptation is very good.  Confidence is nothing special, but it's entertaining enough.

« Reply #298 on: March 10, 2010, 05:04:34 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
fish king
worth to watch
good one really

yup

I want to elaborate more
i know i am a kid..lol

do gifts work here

Thank you, Sir Edgar! (Too bad the avatar doesn't animate). ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #299 on: March 11, 2010, 08:45:57 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
(500) Days of Summer - 4 out of 4 stars - Was this a "chick flick"? I know the topic was brought up on here in the past and I realized I like a lot more chick flicks than I thought. If (500) Days of Summer is a chick flick, it might be my favorite chick flick of all time. The film had so much style. There was a scene where a bunch of people randomly break out dancing in the street that reminded me of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is thinking back about his relationship with a girl named Summer after his little sister tells him to start at the beginning. Of course if anybody has ever thought about an ex girlfriend... you think about the good times, in no particular order. So on that foundation... Levitt remembers the good things about Summer out of order. Of course, since a lot of the film come's from the mind of Levitt, there are some elements that are not real, just fantasy, for example: the dancing in the street. This movie is worth the watch and more.

Precious - 4 stars - I don't know what to say about Precious. It was ridiculously difficult to watch... in a good way. The acting from everybody in this movie was as good as it could be. I haven't seen The Blind Side yet but I find it hard to believe that Sandra Bullock's performance was better than Gabby Sidibe's. I'm sure everybody knows the background of Precious so I'll skip that. See this movie.

The Boondock Saints II: All Saint's Day - 2.5 stars - On a scale of 1 to 10, I gave the first Boondock Saints an 8 and I give this one a 6. The beginning of this movie was painful to watch. It was very slow and filled with the same type corny jokes that were used in the first one. The only problem was, this first one used those jokes with subtlety, usually coming from Willem Dafoe. It was believable if one character had an unusually corny sense of humor. In the second one, everybody had Dafoe's sense of humor. Everybody became a comedian in the 10 year hiatus. The jokes were funny in the first one, annoying in the second. The action didn't really get good until about half way in. The end of the movie was very good though. It picked up where the first one left off. There was a very cool twist at the end and the final scene left the promise of a 3rd movie. If the third one picks up where the second one left off, we will be in for a terrific opening scene in The Boondock Saints III.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:52:55 PM by MattG12 »