Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948784 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2010, 05:39:48 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Sexy Beast.  It was fantastic.

« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2010, 07:50:31 AM »

Offline Rickretro

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
The wolfman.  Lame.

« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2010, 02:11:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Knute Rockne: All American

DARN good movie. One of the best sports movies I ever saw. I can't BELIEVE coach never showed it to us. What was he thinking?

« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2010, 02:35:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Sexy Beast.  It was fantastic.

enjoyed that one...loved Ben Kingsley's role

last movie I saw was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  Very colorful and fun movie.
Yup

« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2010, 02:40:24 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Beowulf
Wolverine
Princess and the Frog
Something about surrogates with Bruce Willis. Believe me I had no choice but it wasn't as terrible as I thought it'd be.

A major scene of The Surrogates was filmed in Hopedale, MA. Two towns away from me.

And... Shutter Island was filmed a few towns away from me as well.

Anyways, last movies from me...

Desperado
A Beautiful Mind

« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2010, 12:40:50 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Changeling. Better movie than I thought.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2010, 02:55:40 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
The Wolfman - terrible, no story/plot at all, just lame CGI with the wolfman running around killing everything and everybody. I expected more from Benecio Del Toro, who is one of my favorite actors out there. I'd give it a 5 of 10.

Shutter Island - not what I expected at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I loved it. Very much like the Shining in many ways. A great haunting and eerie score with terrific atmosphere and oscar worthy acting from Leo as always. Very good overall movie, extremely well directed. Some of the camera shots in it were amazing. Probably an 8.5 of 10.

The Cooler - bought it cheap and it was pretty good. A nice little Vegas movie about a guy down on his luck and eventually getting lucky. Good cast and performances from William H. Macy and Alec Baldwin. I'd give a 7 of 10.

What Doesn't Kill You -again, got it cheap at Hollywood Video. Great crime-drama, very realistic. takes place in South Boston. Great acting all around, especially Mark Ruffalo and Ethan Hawke. Not your typical gangster/mob flick. Its much more sensible and realistic. Just a great gritty, street crime-drama. A lot of emotion and relatable characters. Cool fact, the movie is about the actual life of the director, Brian Goodman. He is played by Ruffalo and was really interesting to see what he went through in Southie. I'd give it an 8 of 10.

I also bought: First Snow, The TV Set, and Rendition. Anyone seen any of these?

« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2010, 03:01:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The Big Sleep

Dirty Harry 1 & 2

ZatoIchi 1&2

A Touch Of Evil

I recommend all of them. In that order.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2010, 03:14:56 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
The Big Sleep

Dirty Harry 1 & 2

ZatoIchi 1&2

A Touch Of Evil

I recommend all of them. In that order.
After not seeing it in quite a while, I just saw the end of Touch of Evil the other night and it's still top notch.

« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2010, 03:17:27 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I don't think I've posted this yet in the thread...

I recently watched An Education. Great movie with great performances. I recommend it 100%.

« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2010, 03:20:08 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
Awake: 3 out of 4. Some bad acting and I wish everything was darker to set tone ala Donnie Darko or Fight Club. Other than those two things the film was very eerie with an excellent plot. Amazing twists all the way through, although I did predict every single one.

Raging Bull: 4 out of 4. Best sports movie I've ever seen. Martin Scorsese is amazing. Robert De Niro is amazing. Joe Pesci is amazing. Great stuff all around. I can't believe I've never seen this. It wasn't anything like I expected it to be.

« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2010, 03:20:46 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
I don't think I've posted this yet in the thread...

I recently watched An Education. Great movie with great performances. I recommend it 100%.

I can't wait to see that.

« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The Wolfman - terrible, no story/plot at all, just lame CGI with the wolfman running around killing everything and everybody. I expected more from Benecio Del Toro, who is one of my favorite actors out there. I'd give it a 5 of 10.

Shutter Island - not what I expected at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I loved it. Very much like the Shining in many ways. A great haunting and eerie score with terrific atmosphere and oscar worthy acting from Leo as always. Very good overall movie, extremely well directed. Some of the camera shots in it were amazing. Probably an 8.5 of 10.

The Cooler - bought it cheap and it was pretty good. A nice little Vegas movie about a guy down on his luck and eventually getting lucky. Good cast and performances from William H. Macy and Alec Baldwin. I'd give a 7 of 10.

What Doesn't Kill You -again, got it cheap at Hollywood Video. Great crime-drama, very realistic. takes place in South Boston. Great acting all around, especially Mark Ruffalo and Ethan Hawke. Not your typical gangster/mob flick. Its much more sensible and realistic. Just a great gritty, street crime-drama. A lot of emotion and relatable characters. Cool fact, the movie is about the actual life of the director, Brian Goodman. He is played by Ruffalo and was really interesting to see what he went through in Southie. I'd give it an 8 of 10.

I also bought: First Snow, The TV Set, and Rendition. Anyone seen any of these?

The Cooler had some excellent scenes.

Last movie I watched was the Pink Panther 2 (Steve Martin era)...It actually was pretty well done and funny (not up to the original's satndards, but good)
Yup

« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2010, 04:08:07 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77
I've been watching old film noirs lately.  Here's a couple of really good French ones by Jean-Pierre Melville:

Le Samouri  (1967)
Le Cercle Rouge  (1970)

The French became fascinated with American gangster movies and proceeded to add that existential flavor to them.

« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2010, 04:12:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I've been watching old film noirs lately.  Here's a couple of really good French ones by Jean-Pierre Melville:

Le Samouri  (1967)
Le Cercle Rouge  (1970)

The French became fascinated with American gangster movies and proceeded to add that existential flavor to them.

Netflix has an extensive collection of film noirs. I'm also on a kind of kick now too.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner