Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948660 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2010, 10:37:34 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
The Book of Eli.

I actually really enjoyed it.  I thought it was a really cool, interesting idea, and the entire movie you're trying to figure out what's going on.  The fight scenes were nuts and Denzel and Gary Oldman were definitely on point in this one.  The only thing that I felt was holding it back from being a top tier Denzel-movie was that there were some scenes that were just so slow and boring for absolutely no reason.  I don't need to see Denzel walking down the street, in slow-mo, for 2 minutes, to the sound of really loud, high pitched strings.  I get that he's an epic dude...but seriously.

I def recommend the movie though.  Just go into it with low expectations if you can (that's what I did).
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2010, 10:42:19 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Slackers...it was funny seeing Jason Segel as one of the main characters before his Knocked Up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall stardom. Really funny guy.

The scene where Sam (Segel) shows you how to meet girls in a club gets me every time.

"You know what boys? Why don't you let me take care of it. You treat a hot girl like dirt, and she'll stick to you like mud."

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2010, 11:16:09 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
hostel 2 trash

smokin aces 2..that thing!!

« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2010, 11:16:30 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Just watched "Pregnancy Pact" on Lifetime.  It is 'Based on a true story" about the high school girls in Gloucester that allegedly made a pact to get pregnant together.  This movie is very loosely based on the actual events.  It was a little out of control - pregnant girls binge drinking, smoking etc.  It really put Gloucester in a good light  :-\
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2010, 11:36:42 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I'm watching From Dusk Till Dawn right now... hilarious.

« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2010, 11:41:28 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
I'm watching From Dusk Till Dawn right now... hilarious.

classic..i hate when fred williamson didnt make it..

« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2010, 11:45:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I just watched "Return to the Rafters" for the first time.  It was decent, but I was looking for more highlights than the storyline of all the people following the C's.  No fault of the film's, I bought this recently and thought it was more of the official NBA typt thing.
Yup

« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2010, 11:54:00 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
has anyone seen "legion" yet?..

« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2010, 12:20:14 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
has anyone seen "legion" yet?..

I saw it on Friday. Not bad, not great though. In truth the best part of the movie is probably the old lady you see from the trailer. She was hilarious. Paul Bettany has been good in other things but I think he phoned this role in. Lucas Black(Friday Night Lights, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift) clearly peaked with Friday Night Lights.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2010, 12:29:20 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Just watched "Pregnancy Pact" on Lifetime.  It is 'Based on a true story" about the high school girls in Gloucester that allegedly made a pact to get pregnant together.  This movie is very loosely based on the actual events.  It was a little out of control - pregnant girls binge drinking, smoking etc.  It really put Gloucester in a good light  :-\

Something had to balance out "A Perfect Storm"... oh, wait...

« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2010, 10:10:33 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I just watched "Return to the Rafters" for the first time.  It was decent, but I was looking for more highlights than the storyline of all the people following the C's.  No fault of the film's, I bought this recently and thought it was more of the official NBA typt thing.

sexyscottish :)

« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2010, 12:01:43 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

sexyscottish :)

Yeh, that gave you about all of the insight you need on him, huh?  Wow.  That's some intense love for the Celtics!
Yup

« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2010, 12:29:06 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Gone Baby Gone. good.

Orphan. Good, but the could've done better with the second half/ending.

« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2010, 01:01:45 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
워낭소리  ;D

actually a well done documentary-esque/true movie about a very old farmer and his wife in korea, and their relationship with their very old cow.

beautifully phtographs. it shows very well, not heavy handed, about how what we do for living is no more important than how we do it...and how people are not the only creatures to need love and show loyalty.

not sappy at all...the the old farmer women is very entertaining as she gripes and Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.es about everything under the sun.  ;D

no heroes nor is there need for them. dont know if most americans will like it... not even one car chase or shooting scene.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2010, 01:13:39 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I was roped into watching an MST3K style take down of most of Twilight last night.

What a terrible movie.