Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948709 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Citizen Kane
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 09:42:10 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
We watched Up last night...not what I expected. Really geared toward adults. It is VERY sad in spots but was very fun
Gimme a rating on a 1 to 100 scale what you thought of it, 'cuz I really don't know what to make of it. Haven't seen it yet but I just want to know whether or not I should buy it.

Up is a 100.  Best CGI cartoon ever, bar none.  Toy Story, Finding Nemo etc have nothing on Up.  I can't imagine how anybody with any taste and half a brain could not like Up.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 09:52:14 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
We watched Up last night...not what I expected. Really geared toward adults. It is VERY sad in spots but was very fun
Gimme a rating on a 1 to 100 scale what you thought of it, 'cuz I really don't know what to make of it. Haven't seen it yet but I just want to know whether or not I should buy it.

Up is a 100.  Best CGI cartoon ever, bar none.  Toy Story, Finding Nemo etc have nothing on Up.  I can't imagine how anybody with any taste and half a brain could not like Up.

If you have kids or if you are married, the movie can bring out the emotions. It will be in consideration for best picture.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 10:24:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The Blind Side

I didn't like how they patronized the kid (it REALLY felt like they patronized the character at times)...but I dunno, maybe that's close to how it happened.

That said I really liked the movie, that's 2 hours I don't want back

I also recently saw "The Fantastic Mr Fox" and that's an hour and a half I wouldn't trade for much else that you can watch on a screen. Hilarious.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2009, 10:28:10 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

If you have kids or if you are married, the movie can bring out the emotions. It will be in consideration for best picture.

Gotta see it ... I've heard nothing but great things about it.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 11:08:27 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
The Blind Side

I didn't like how they patronized the kid (it REALLY felt like they patronized the character at times)...but I dunno, maybe that's close to how it happened.

That said I really liked the movie, that's 2 hours I don't want back

I also recently saw "The Fantastic Mr Fox" and that's an hour and a half I wouldn't trade for much else that you can watch on a screen. Hilarious.

i agree with the character been patronized they whole thing just seemed a little hard to believe...but hey it does happen..but the movie was great though.

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 11:43:45 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Miracle at St.Anna and Paranormal activity.

I don't know if I watched it wrong, but Paranormal activity was meh... everyone else who saw it thought it was scary.

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2009, 11:44:59 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Btw, has anyone seen that "Paranormal Activity" film? Is it any good?

Check "The Movie Review Thread", also I think there is a "Paranormal Activity" thread.

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2009, 11:56:44 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I have a ton of movie watching ahead of me...

Yesterday I purchased Malcolm X, We Own the Night, Knowing, and Stranger Than Fiction.

Today I purchased Inglourious Basterds, Planet Terror, The Hangover, The Terminal, There's Something About Mary, and Catch Me If You Can.

I watched Knowing last night and give it a generous score of 6 out of 10 or 2.5 out of 4. The first third of the movie was 8 out of 10. The middle was 6 out of 10. The end was 4 out of 10. Therefore... 6 out of 10 average. The movie just didn't know what it wanted to be. I wanted an apocalypse movie and I got an apocalypse, scary, happy, sad, religious, alien movie. It was too much to handle. Hopefully I can sell it to one of my friends soon, if not it will just be the worst movie I own, and having the worst movie you own be a 6 out of 10 isn't too bad, I suppose.

Tonight I watched The Hangover for the first time and it was awesome. 3.5 out of 4 or 9 out of 10. Ending was kind of cliche, a lot of the movie was obviously not possible at all. Overall though each actor played their character perfectly. I believed the performances no matter how ridiculous they were. The jokes were hilarious, the cameos were great. Awesome movie.

And... I'm about to watch Planet Terror now...

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2009, 03:32:34 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Citizen Kane

The last movie you saw was Citizen Kane? You should give them another try. They actually make them in color now...

kidding

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2009, 03:33:47 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
2012. I love these movies with outstanding CGI that destroy cities from around the world.

Agreed, but it's always slightly disappointing when they don't destroy NYC.

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2009, 04:19:57 AM »

Kiorrik

Citizen Kane

The last movie you saw was Citizen Kane? You should give them another try. They actually make them in color now...

I lol'd :]

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2009, 09:31:29 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
2012. I love these movies with outstanding CGI that destroy cities from around the world.

Agreed, but it's always slightly disappointing when they don't destroy NYC.

One of my biggest gripes about action movies is, as visually stimulating as it appears, I just don't buy that people or vehicles can outrun explosions or natural disasters.  I get over and can still enjoy the sensation, but there's just no way (even in slo-mo).
Yup

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2009, 05:25:53 PM »

Kiorrik

Paranormal Phenomenon.

Awesome, I'd recommend it to everyone. Director shot it in his own home. It's really, very cool and [dang] scary ;)

I watched it at home with the lights out and the sound turned all the way up, alone.

Believe me, that's the *only* way to watch this kind of movie :D

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2009, 05:47:40 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Either Phantasm or No Country For Old Men. Forgot what came first, and I don't really remember NCFOM. Kinda fell asleep during.

I liked Phantasm, though.. Classic low budget horror movie, that are near and dear to my heart.