Author Topic: What's the last movie you watched?  (Read 426774 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #2520 on: November 14, 2017, 10:23:13 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 185
Thor. It was funny. Continues my streak of liking villains more than heroes. Adding Hela to my list of favorites.
saw Thor last weekend.  really enjoyed it.  had a lot more humor than other non-Deadpool Marvel movies.   

Hela looked so familiar but I couldn't quite place the face until about halfway through I thought it might be Cate Blanchett (which it was).  I thought she was absolutely fantastic as the villain.
Thor was a lot of fun, helped that they focused in on the good characters from the first two and imported the Hulk in. Made it a lot more fun.
I liked Thor, definitely more entertaining than the first 2.
I had a strong feeling that it is a GOTG wannabe but without the signature soundtrack. Director is a funny guy though.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #2521 on: November 14, 2017, 11:26:36 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 304
I watched Freeway last night, from 1996 and it was awful. It was listed on Amazon as a thriller but it's more of a dark comedy. It aspires to be a satire but has no insight or maybe just doesn't know what it wants to satirize? The movie takes cheap shots at poor people and revels in violence without attaching any significance or thought.

I can't get it out of my mind, though, because after watching the film I looked it up online and was shocked to see it was well received when it came out and has a pretty good critical reputation. I find this bizarre because this was one of the worst movies I ever watched. It wanted to much to be Citizen Ruth or Natural Born Killers but wound up being a cheap (very cheap) imitation.

never heard of the movie before, the poster is quintessentially 90s

And totally misleading! It looks like a sort of campy 90's road thriller but it's something else entirely.

« Reply #2522 on: November 14, 2017, 11:35:36 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 369
Thor. It was funny. Continues my streak of liking villains more than heroes. Adding Hela to my list of favorites.
saw Thor last weekend.  really enjoyed it.  had a lot more humor than other non-Deadpool Marvel movies.   

Hela looked so familiar but I couldn't quite place the face until about halfway through I thought it might be Cate Blanchett (which it was).  I thought she was absolutely fantastic as the villain.
Thor was a lot of fun, helped that they focused in on the good characters from the first two and imported the Hulk in. Made it a lot more fun.
I liked Thor, definitely more entertaining than the first 2.
I had a strong feeling that it is a GOTG wannabe but without the signature soundtrack. Director is a funny guy though.

for any comic guys on this forum, i felt that Thor Ragnorok had a lot of Planet Hulk aspects to it. I probably missed it but i wonder how'd they going to explain how the Hulk ended up in Sakkar. I know how in Planet Hulk.

« Reply #2523 on: November 14, 2017, 11:35:40 AM »

Offline eja117

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1129
The new Blade Runner. Thought it was incredible