Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948683 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #2430 on: March 04, 2017, 01:04:11 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Fences, loved it!

« Reply #2431 on: March 04, 2017, 01:44:11 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Finally saw Manchester by the Sea. I was really impressed. Not sure I've ever seen a character so dead inside.

Also saw The Accountant.  I compare it to the first Taken.  It's not going to win any awards but it's a fun watch.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2432 on: March 04, 2017, 01:46:23 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Finally saw Manchester by the Sea. I was really impressed. Not sure I've ever seen a character so dead inside.

Also saw The Accountant.  I compare it to the first Taken.  It's not going to win any awards but it's a fun watch.

The accountant was better than I thought it would be. Also being an accountant, he fit the silent introvert role very well.

Watched Hacksaw Ridge last night. Very good. One of the few movies I stayed focused on the entire time.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #2433 on: March 04, 2017, 01:53:17 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
The Lobster ... talk about messed up ... thought it was amazing though

« Reply #2434 on: March 07, 2017, 05:56:19 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Get Out

Real good. It's starts to feel a little long around the 2/3 in but the last 20 minutes or so are incredible and it earns every second of it. There was as much cheering as I think I've ever heard in a movie theater.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #2435 on: March 07, 2017, 06:12:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I saw "A Dog's Purpose" with my daughter last night. Break out the hankies! Total tearjerker. Better than I expected though.

Small theater had that and "I Am Not Your Negro".  Which I'd like to see, but didn't seem like a good one for a rare "date night" with my teen.
Yup

« Reply #2436 on: March 07, 2017, 06:28:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Moonlight. Interesting.

« Reply #2437 on: March 17, 2017, 09:27:19 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Saw two very different movies this week, although both dealt with interpretations of faith, moral delemmas, and principals.  First, "The Shak" second, "Hacksaw Ridge." Recommend either, or both.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #2438 on: April 27, 2017, 11:30:23 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
Trainspotting 2

Decent flick, laughed a few times, good soundtrack.....won't blow you away but servicable

« Reply #2439 on: April 27, 2017, 11:50:08 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Saw two very different movies this week, although both dealt with interpretations of faith, moral delemmas, and principals.  First, "The Shak" second, "Hacksaw Ridge." Recommend either, or both.

I'm curious, did you read the book "The Shack" before watching the movie? That's one of my all-time favorite books, and I feel like I'd judge the movie on how accurately it followed the book.

« Reply #2440 on: April 28, 2017, 12:26:12 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Browsing threw here and was surprised no one mentioned Logan.

Loved the movie, it wasn't a happy feel good movie thats for sure, but a great conclusion to the Jackman/Stewart Xmen universe. I thought they put out excellent performances. And that little girl, she scared the crap out of me.

I will admit as a father of a little girl, there was one point were some dust got into my eye, wasn't expecting it, it just hit me.

Probably one of the best comic book movies yet. And next week Guardians Vol.2!

« Reply #2441 on: April 28, 2017, 02:53:14 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I saw "A Dog's Purpose" with my daughter last night. Break out the hankies! Total tearjerker. Better than I expected though.

Small theater had that and "I Am Not Your Negro".  Which I'd like to see, but didn't seem like a good one for a rare "date night" with my teen.

I took my daughter to that, too, and we loved it.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2442 on: April 28, 2017, 04:55:54 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Split

Was pretty good. I really didn't find anything I disliked about the movie. Thought it was interesting because it made me think of the mental states of people that "snap". What small straw can set off the wrong person sort of thinking. And how wrapped up into fantasy someone can be when they commit horrible acts. The character my not be real yet often we hear stories of people losing it and many of the stories state the person was/had been treated for a mental disorder.

« Reply #2443 on: April 28, 2017, 06:22:49 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Browsing threw here and was surprised no one mentioned Logan.

Loved the movie, it wasn't a happy feel good movie thats for sure, but a great conclusion to the Jackman/Stewart Xmen universe. I thought they put out excellent performances. And that little girl, she scared the crap out of me.

I will admit as a father of a little girl, there was one point were some dust got into my eye, wasn't expecting it, it just hit me.

Probably one of the best comic book movies yet. And next week Guardians Vol.2!

We saw Logan right when it came out. My brother loved it but i was disappointed.....couldnt handle the ending.

Hacksawridge is a must see! Its so good!

Also we saw Kong: Skull Island and that was surprisingly great! Really impressed by it and excited about possible sequels teased during credit scenes

« Reply #2444 on: April 29, 2017, 08:01:58 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Watched the 1931 Dracula yesterday.

Bela Lugosi as good as advertised. There were a few parts in the movie I found a bit disappointing  but other than that it was a fun film to watch even after 80+ years.