Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 945486 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #2385 on: October 07, 2016, 08:57:38 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Watching another favorite right now on cable FX....The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #2386 on: October 09, 2016, 08:52:44 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
Don't Breathe

I really liked it. It's a horror movie that gets scares out of building tension as much as possible and then releasing it in dramatic ways. I wish more movies were made with this attention to detail. Rather than just toss out lazy jump scares, it earns its moments so nothing feels cheap. It's also got surprisingly good performances for a movie like this.

Easily the best horror movie I've seen this year. One of the better movies I've seen this year.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #2387 on: October 09, 2016, 10:59:06 PM »

Offline RRNoLookPass

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
The Judge (2014)-- Real solid movie...I liked it way more than I thought I would. I'm not a huge Robert Downey Junior fan, but he killed it as the lawyer he played in the movie. And Robert Duvall plays "The Judge", which was quite a suitable role for him,considering he always tends to play a cop or some type of law enforcement role.
Also, an interesting side note is that the movie was filmed entirely in Shelburne Falls / Buckland MA, despite the whole movie supposedly taking place in some "cornfield bible belt town" (as Downey Jr puts it in the movie). Anyways, I thought that was pretty cool when I saw where the movie was filmed, being a MA resident myself & having been up that way plenty of times.
I rarely watch the credits either, cause usually I just look up whatever I want to know online...But I just happened to sit through the credits for once, and was suprised to see where the movie was actually shot.
I remember seeing the waterfalls a cpl times throughout the movie and wondering where the heck in Indiana that is...but of course I shouldve known better, since so many movies are shot in a completely different area than where the plot takes place.

« Reply #2388 on: November 07, 2016, 09:15:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
"Doctor Strange" was ok.  It was like "House" meets "Inception" meets "Harry Potter".  Not great, though.

Also saw "Trolls".  Mediocre kids movie.  I was disappointed to find out it wasn't a documentary about misunderstood Celticsblog posters. 

« Reply #2389 on: November 07, 2016, 09:49:00 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
March of the Penguins!  I had never seen it and thought it was great.

« Reply #2390 on: November 09, 2016, 01:52:34 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I saw Dr. Strange to take my mind off the election. It was enjoyable but my expectations may have been a little too high because I was slightly disappointed. I liked this movie because it wasn't like the other Marvel movies. It thought outside of the box when it came to the story. Unfortunately, Stephen Strange is wayyyyy too much like Tony Stark except I can't say he is as likable as Stark is.

I will give the movie props though. Unlike a few other marvel movies, the ending to me is the best part because it's original and it's clever. If there were any issues I had, it was the beginning. I felt Strange's origin could have been told better before he became the hero.

« Reply #2391 on: November 09, 2016, 03:42:01 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Star Trek Beyond was very good...Tarzan was ok
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2392 on: November 09, 2016, 04:12:05 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
My wife and I went and saw Dr. Strange instead of watching  election results and thought it was great! Wish I would have saw it in 3D tho! Dr. Strange might be my new favorite character but I'm a huge Cumberbatch fan so some bias there. I'm not a huge Marvel comic buff, seen all of the movies and liked em all but idk all the connections and comics so there is that lol

Overall I loved Dr. Strange and would highly recommend it!

« Reply #2393 on: November 09, 2016, 04:15:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Has anyone seen Arrival yet?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2394 on: November 09, 2016, 04:38:54 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
It's not the last movie I saw but a movie I'd recommend is Oldboy. It's a Korean movie and I started watching it dubbed in English but quickly switched over to subtitles. This movie is off the charts good with a twist you'd never see coming. It's a little disturbing but highly recommended.

« Reply #2395 on: November 09, 2016, 04:57:24 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
Not a movie, but the "Black Mirror" TV series on Netflix is excellent. It is an anthology series with near-future sci-fi tech themes.

The third episode of the second series is also highly relevant to current political events. It is uncanny, actually

« Reply #2396 on: December 17, 2016, 03:45:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Rogue One

« Reply #2397 on: December 17, 2016, 04:03:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466

I saw arrival.  I liked it but not as much as I had hoped I would.  I am a big sci-fi fan.

« Reply #2398 on: December 17, 2016, 04:05:11 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
Rogue One

I saw R1 yesterday as well.  I didn't really expect as much out of it as i did for ep7, but it was really good.  The execution, action scenes, and ending were great.

« Reply #2399 on: December 17, 2016, 05:38:18 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I enjoyed it a lot. Great acting and i thought it had a pretty unique and refreshing storyline. First movie Ive gone out to see in the theaters for a few months.