Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 956325 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #2265 on: May 06, 2016, 07:14:54 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
The Hateful Eight

I am as demented as Quentin Tarantino. I LOVE everything he does.

« Reply #2266 on: May 06, 2016, 07:21:55 AM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
GO SEE CAPTAIN AMERICA CIVIL WAR.
That is all.

« Reply #2267 on: May 15, 2016, 01:06:46 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Just watched Deadpool and absolutely loved it. I've always been a big fan of Ryan Reynolds (yeah, yeah, yeah I know), but Deadpool's humor is right up my alley with all of the references and self-deprecating humor. That was the absolute perfect role for Reynolds. Well done.

I also recently saw The Watchmen again, as evidenced by my signature. That is such an excellent movie, and I highly recommend to anyone who hasn't watched it. It's especially intriguing for those into philosophy, especially its ultimate focus on ethics, metaphysics, and philosophy of religion.

« Reply #2268 on: May 21, 2016, 01:35:39 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
I just watched The Witch. It's definitely different than what I thought. It wasn't a "jumping" scary movie, or really all that frightening at all, though there were definitely some disturbing parts of the movie.

It was really interesting, though, because it really showed how important and central religion was during that time period, especially in the early colonies. The fear of witchcraft was also really highlighted, too. It also has two Game of Thrones actors in it, too, which is neat - Ralph Ineson (Dagmer Cleftjaw) and Kate Dickie (Lysa Arryn).

« Reply #2269 on: May 21, 2016, 01:54:17 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
"Nice Guys" was a lot of fun.  If you like Shane Black's movies (like "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"), you'll love it.

« Reply #2270 on: May 22, 2016, 04:40:04 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Hush is a good horror movie on Netflix.  It's like a mix between Scream and Wait Until Dark.

« Reply #2271 on: July 02, 2016, 10:02:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Perhaps it's this Horford high that I'm riding right now, but my wife is currently watching the movie "Sisters" with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, and I've been laughing my arse off the entire movie lol

Best line in the movie so far - John Cena says "My safe word is 'keep going'"  ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #2272 on: July 18, 2016, 06:24:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The "Ghostbusters" remake was fine. Forget about how it compares to the original. If you think the original is sacred, you'll hate it regardless. Instead, set your expectations like this. It's not as good as "Men in Black". It's slightly better than both "Men in Black" sequels. It's significantly better than that garbage "R.I.P.D" movie which was basically "Men in Black" with ghosts.

« Reply #2273 on: July 18, 2016, 06:30:01 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The Langoliers.

The best Stephen King movie EVER.

"MR TOOMEEEEEEEEEYYY"  ;D ;D

« Reply #2274 on: July 18, 2016, 06:59:10 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I finally got around to watching Moonrise Kingdom, and it's up there as one of my favorites.  I just love Wes Anderson's aesthetic, and the characters are just great.  I think I might even like Wes Anderson as a director more than Tarantino, which is saying a lot
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2275 on: July 18, 2016, 07:20:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Has anyone seen the previews for Operation Chromite?  It has Liam Neeson as Douglas MacArther, lma0 ;D.

« Reply #2276 on: July 18, 2016, 07:25:16 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
My wife and I just took our daughter to see The Secret Life of Pets—great kids/family movie with lots of laughs and nothing inappropriate.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2277 on: July 18, 2016, 08:48:55 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I've seen these 4 movies in the last week:

Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut (A/A+) Supposedly the single greatest difference between a theatrical cut and a Director's cut. Ridley Scott film, (3+ hours film now after adding 45 minutes that do help a lot) about war, politics, and religion during the Crusades. Drawn from history, but loose with some facts about the main characters. Visually very impressive. Not for kids.

Ghostbustersremake (B/B+) Never loved the original, but it had it moments. This does too. LarBrd33's review above is about right. Family friendly.

Keanu (B/B+) Long comedy sketch, but it's pretty funny at times. Not for kids.

Deadpool (C-/C) Too much gratuitous BS made it seem like it was pitched to junior HS boys. Not for kids.

« Reply #2278 on: July 18, 2016, 09:01:49 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I've seen these 4 movies in the last week:

Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut (A/A+) Supposedly the single greatest difference between a theatrical cut and a Director's cut. Ridley Scott film, (3+ hours film now after adding 45 minutes that do help a lot) about war, politics, and religion during the Crusades. Drawn from history, but loose with some facts about the main characters. Visually very impressive. Not for kids.

Ghostbustersremake (B/B+) Never loved the original, but it had it moments. This does too. LarBrd33's review above is about right. Family friendly.

Keanu (B/B+) Long comedy sketch, but it's pretty funny at times. Not for kids.

Deadpool (C-/C) Too much gratuitous BS made it seem like it was pitched to junior HS boys. Not for kids.

Didn't the R rating not give it away that it's not for kids? :)

I actually thought DeadPool was one of the most accurate comic book movies to date. They also got Colossus right! DeadPool is great because in the comics he's self aware that he's a comic book character, even killed off the wirters and artist of the book in one issue. And they carried that over in the movie with saying things about the low budget and not affording more Xmen, and even asked which Xavier he was going to see, the Stewart or MacAvoy one.

I get that it's not for every one, but DeadPool is a cross of Punisher,Wolverine and Spiderman with out the filter. So it was pretty spot on.   

« Reply #2279 on: July 19, 2016, 12:03:39 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Tarzan defied my expectations. I only saw it because Free State of Jones got replaced last-minute with Finding Dory. I expected to hate it and ended up loving it. Very entertaining in a refreshing way. It won't win any Oscars, but it told the story well and had some really cool animal effects.

Free State of Jones was also very good. Cast really well.

Central Intelligence was a fun little comedy. Much better than Kevin Hart's last few movies. It was not anything like Ride Along, which I appreciated. Much funnier than I expecteed. Not a classic but solid.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (circa 2004 with Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet) was A+++. I loved everything about it and couldn't believe I missed it when it came out.

Begin Again with Mark Ruffalo and Keira Knightley was entertaining. Fun hour and a half, especially if you enjoy music. It has Adam Levine in it as well, and he and Knightley sing multiple times. I never knew she could sing so well!

Now You See Me 2 was okay. Basically the exact same as the first one; the girl I went to the movie with predicted 6 different parts before they happened. If you enjoyed the first one, it's worth the watch. I still liked it, mostly because I get a kick out of the magic stuff and fun plot. Trying to feature Jesse Eisenberg mroe prominently with that ugly haircut was a mistake. I also like Daniel Radcliffe, so I may have liked the movie more than I otherwise would have if he was not in it, although I like pretty much all of the lead actors.

Independence Day: Resurgence sucked. I went in expecting Will Smith and left after watching a trying-too-hard-to-reminisce, poorly-written movie. It kept your eyes on the screen simply because of all the explosions, but they tried way too hard and failed miserably. Terrible dialogue, just a bad movie all-around. It stinks because I like Liam Hensworth, too.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:13:10 AM by GetLucky »